Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kama Feedback

Lady_Khaos

Well I'm very glad I crafted this weapon...

Because I'd be furious if I paid plat for this piece of crap. Seriously. The Ether Reaper may cost more, but it is better than this thing in every way (except the extra V polarity that the Kama has) and is more fun to use. And, those 5 Neural Sensors I put into this would've been far better spent on crafting my 4 Forma BP's.

Why is this not a dual weapon? That would make it instantly look and perform better. Not to mention real life kama are only used in pairs.

Short version, don't waste your time, resources, or money on this.

I don't think this weapon sucks. It looks badass, and it's got nice polarities. It just needs a buff; right now, it has the speed and base damage of a low-damage heavy melee weapon, but without the reach and the knockdown effects, so it's really not viable to use in its current state.

wtf?

srsly? is this a joke/troll thread?

the kama is fine (and ive only got fury/dmg/AP in mine so far)

it's fast

high base dmg

fast

TWO V SLOTS

AOE

what are you ppl complaining about again?

would i like to see small dual kamas more akin to ninja pop-lore? sure i would

would i like to eventually see a kusari-gama inspired weapon? sure

but the current ingame kama does NOT suck

you wanna talk about suck-&#! S#&$ty melee weapons? let's talk about the ankyros (looks terrible with the overlap on all guns and it's a pretty lameo melee as well)

wtf?

srsly? is this a joke/troll thread?

the kama is fine (and ive only got fury/dmg/AP in mine so far)

it's fast

high base dmg

fast

TWO V SLOTS

AOE

what are you ppl complaining about again?

would i like to see small dual kamas more akin to ninja pop-lore? sure i would

would i like to eventually see a kusari-gama inspired weapon? sure

but the current ingame kama does NOT suck

you wanna talk about suck-&#! S#&$ty melee weapons? let's talk about the ankyros (looks terrible with the overlap on all guns and it's a pretty lameo melee as well)

Ankyros with crit build hit twice as high as Kama. Charge attack also deals more damage and it's faster.

Edited by GalliumGD

Still waiting to build mine, but from their stats and from what I've seen of them in use by others, they don't seem that bad.

Not to mention real life kama are only used in pairs.

Incorrect.

It's good for mid level Infested missions due to the Serrated Blade damage. Don't forget that.

Also, no. Kama were not "only use dual". They were mostly used single. For farming.

Serrated Blade also ignores most armor.

Also, even as weapons, Kama aren't exclusively taught to be used together. For obvious reasons (you dropped one, you never had more than one, someone takes yours, one of yours breaks, one of your hands/arms is wounded, etc etc) being taught to only use them together would be idiotic from any practical standpoint.

I actually liked the Kama, using a charge build.

Even without catalyst it clears out the Infested Derelicts with great ease, due to AoE.

It is practically a smaller and faster heavy weapon with shorter range.

With a catalyst installed you can take this thing to Pluto without problems.

It also uses Machete animations, which is a bonus. :D

I enjoyed the kama a lot. I know there are better melee weapons, but the fact that it is a proper ninja weapon and its animations are cool made me enjoy the kama.

I think that Kusarigama or double chained kama should be the next step. Maybe with a charge attack similar to the scorpion that pulls the enemy to you,

I thoroughly enjoyed ranking up the Kama to 30, put a potato in it - no regrets. With the 2 built-in V slots, you can put in a solid normal attacks loadout that can easily handle Cyath for example. But for higher level missions e.g. survival in Palus 15+ minutes I'd rather be using an Orthos Prime. 

Gotta love how it looks, the multi-hit for a single handed light weapon and the mobility boost it provides by Kamacoptering (pretty close to Zorencoptering distances).

Can't wait for the Dual Kama so I can be like a Yoritomo samurai from L5R! :D

I thoroughly enjoyed ranking up the Kama to 30, put a potato in it - no regrets. With the 2 built-in V slots, you can put in a solid normal attacks loadout that can easily handle Cyath for example. But for higher level missions e.g. survival in Palus 15+ minutes I'd rather be using an Orthos Prime. 

Gotta love how it looks, the multi-hit for a single handed light weapon and the mobility boost it provides by Kamacoptering (pretty close to Zorencoptering distances).

Can't wait for the Dual Kama so I can be like a Yoritomo samurai from L5R! :D

n kusarigama

Makes me wonder if they will combine the new infested whip and the kama at some point. The groundwork is being laid for a Kusarigama, i just hope they actually implement it.

I think DE will do tenno sword-whip too.

Edited by Altey