The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aklato.. Buff?

BladeFade

I like these weapons but they are kinda weak... I wanna be able to use these late-game.. but then again they are really easy to get... but still.. What are your thoughts on the Aklato? There are some new skins for aklato if you buys platinum trough a website (cant remember which) Should these skin give more stats to the weapon?

Don't need a buff. Because you can get it during your first steps as a Tenno. If you want something better, AK Bolto.

But, a Wraith rework or something for those "classic" weapons, mostly unused now (Sicarus etc) would be nice.

Edited by matto

They're supposed to be weak? They're an early upgrade option to the starter weapons and can be bought straight up with credits for low-level players. They're a starter weapon, and do pretty well for themselves considering that.

I get that but maybe.. make a aklato vandal or wraith ver... Am i really the only one that likes that weapon..

I was talking about the skins they're giving if you buy plat through rixty...

I made a typo, and in your original post you suggested the skins giving stats.

That's a terrible idea as the skins are plat only, and if this were to be done then the skins would have to be implemented into the game, screwing anyone who bought the platinum for the skin over.

The credit-bought weapons are solid until late-game. That's the point. They're like starter weapons to get you to Europa so you can get a Frame. They're there to get you to the planets with the resources needed to craft better weapons.

If anything, Wraiths should be late game-viable versions of credit-bought weapons.

I made a typo, and in your original post you suggested the skins giving stats.

That's a terrible idea as the skins are plat only, and if this were to be done then the skins would have to be implemented into the game, screwing anyone who bought the platinum for the skin over.

Yeah, but maybe.. a skin through an event or something that gives it better stats...

Scott-“History has shown us that most weapons that have gone out with higher mastery rank are generally the better weapon. You have to reward those players that have played to get to those tiers. As the game levels up and as the content levels up, players need tools in order to deal with that. I think the Mastery Rank is directly tied to the weapon.”

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/109377-thank-you-for-watching-livestream-14/

AkLato are my favorite secondary, but too bad, they're not hard enough to get. AkLato Prime is a bit weird since the single is a Founder's exclusive.

Dual Vastos. Handles like Aklato, hits twice as hard. Get it.

Kind of, but no. The Vasto is a high powered revolver and it feels like it. The Lato is a low-medium caliber sidearm with double the magazine capacity of the Vasto. That being said the Vasto is the closest we'll get to the Lato for now.

I also would like to see a Wraith edition of them... buut seeing as we already have the Prime and the Vandal... one being a highly expensive Masters item. Yeah. Probably soon after hell freezes over.

No amount of Forma can bring this weapon anywhere above ~lvl50. It has half the basic damage per bullet of the Vasto and a whooping 2.5% crit chance with the same bullet damage type.

Just wanted to point that out before some new people waste Forma on it not knowing what to expect.

Yeah, I love the look of the Aklato on certain frames (Trinity w/ red Aklato looks fantastic to me), but the base damage/crit chance are just too low for a viable high-level build of them.  Maybe if they got a bit of a buff to crit chance and multiplier.

I'd love to see an Aklato Wraith, but I'm not holding my breath on it.

just level it up.. It will get better

manatee.jpgEDIT: Onto the point, despite having complete knowledge that the Aklatos are weak and shoud not be used for endgame, I will often use them over Hikou or the Dual Vastos, just because I love the feel of them.

So what if they're weak? I will go on to play my way.

Edited by MageMeat