Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Rework/Buff

Castellar

Hello Tenno!

htPR-cG6THk.jpg

Take 2)

Released in 2012 and reworked in 2016, Mag has always been a shield-based warframe. But when Hyldryn was released in 2019, Mag`s abilities and synergies felt really old.  So I`ve decided to start this thread and try to give Mag some buffs to make her more relevant to Warframe 2019!

Statistic Changes:

- No changes!

NEW passive:

yo7QtFsXJok.jpg

Picking up shield/armor shards restores 10 shields and 3 energy ( + 3m shard vacuum).

Reasons for change: most of the time warframe`s passives complement their abilities(atlas, nidus, wukong etc.). With that change Mag receives a little synergy.

Ability One: Pull

-No Changes.

Ability Two: Magnetize

-No changes.

Ability Three: Polarize

Now it restores only a half of your shields (50% out of max), but it`ll give you a temporary shield recharge buff. Armor stripping formula is the same.

OLD                                                                                       NEW

zPtZlhyg63Y.jpg

Ability Four: Crush (same old Crush, but with a twist)

Magnetize nearby enemies, creating a magnetic field around them.Magnetized enemies are slowed down.

OLD                                                                                       NEW

QfxSLGtw8Ls.jpg

No changes to her augments are needed!

hope that these changes will create a more interesting and engaging playing experience for Mag mains and casual players!

Good Luck, Tenno!

Edited by Castellar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

The formatting needs a look.
Besides that many of these new concepts sound promising.
However it might be a bit too strong in some cases. Also... why should magnetize slow enemies?
I would prefer a ragdoll a bit more.

Magnetize itself will just lock the enemy in its place. But crushed and magnetized enemies will be slowed down a bit(broken bones and all of that stuff)

Polarizing 10+ enemies will give you a pretty big boost to your shiled recharge speed (100%+) and will lower your delay before shield recharge almost to 0s.This buff makes your shileds really op. And you won`t need to recast it a couple of times(energy economy)

Before a rework on Mag I'd like to know if she's actually working as intended or not, but never having been told exactly what DE intend for her powers to do I can't be sure if they are or not.

I'd like some clarification on the Energy Orb drop rate boost that Pull gives.  If it is meant to be a multiplicative increase on the base chance of an Orb dropping, as it appears to be,  then it's barely worth having the coding for it in the game (buffs each enemy to dropping about 7.5% of the time instead of 6%, yay...).  If it's meant to be an added increase then that'd be nice but getting the killing blow with Pull is still too awkward so I think the Energy Orb drop rate boost should apply to any enemies killed while rag dolled by Pull so you can knock them down, then mop up with a powerful weapon/assist from another player and still have that increased chance.  Allowing the killing blow to come from elsewhere would improve synergies and stop Mag from wanting to compete for kills with Pull (not that she actually can compete, making the drop rate buff wasted code, as mentioned earlier).

Magnetize is another power that I want clarification on how it's intended to work.  Currently Power Strength affects the DoT on the main target but not on anything else in the bubble.  This encourages a negative Strength, max Range build that catches more people and builds up a bigger explosion than a smaller bubble built for Strength, which feels counter intuitive to me, which is why I wonder if it's actually working as intended.

5 minutes ago, Castellar said:

Polarizing 10+ enemies will give you a pretty big boost to your shiled recharge speed (100%+) and will lower your delay before shield recharge almost to 0s.This buff makes your shileds really op. And you won`t need to recast it a couple of times(energy economy)

I run a Power Strength build on Mag as all of her powers double dip on Strength and a single cast of Polarize fully restores my shields.  Mileage will vary based on an individual's choice of build, obviously, but I think I prefer the current instant full refill over a delayed build up of increased recharge rate, especially as increased rates inherently have diminishing returns.