Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary Onslaught Needs a Zone 8 Queue

PollexMessier

It's really hard to get into a public team in sanctuary onslaught, or elite, that's willing to go all the way to zone 8 nowadays. The mission type is flooded with people that are just there to level their gear and leave. This wouldn't be too big of a problem if enough people are looking to recruit for SO or ESO zone 8 in the recruitment chat, but that's just not the case. Every time I try to do this I go upwards of 20 minutes trying to get a squad that will inevitably leave after one successful run. Not exactly helpful when you're trying to farm a 1% drop from a mission that by itself takes 20 minutes to complete. The other thing I see a lot of people suggest to mitigate this problem is "just ask clanmates or friends", well we're not all social butterflies. Many of us are in solo clans, or dead clans that we don't wanna leave for one reason or another, and just don't have any friends that are interested in the game. Or if they are, don't want to run this incredibly tedious and grindy garbage upwards of 100 times to get this stuff. This is exactly the reason the "with friends or clanmates" part was removed from nightwave acts. While normal onslaught might be fairly easy to solo with the right build, elite IS NOT. "Just use x frame" is never an appropriate solution to problems like this since people might hate using that frame, and no one wants to spend nearly 50 hours in a tedious and stressful game mode with a frame they hate using.

The solution to all of this is a pretty simple one. Add a separate queue for people that want to go to zone 8 (like the hydrolyst queue) in both SO and ESO. Problem completely fixed. Always end up in a team that wants to run to zone 8 and make the whole game mode a much more enjoyable experience for players that don't have any other good options to accomplish this. Maybe boost the rewards slightly for this queue as a reward for the added obligation, and an extra incentive to run this one over the normal queue. Maybe even add a punishment for people that bail out early, count it as a mission failure so rewards and bonus xp aren't given, to discourage leaches and trolls, and improve the chances that you'll end up on a team that's really prepared to complete it.

Edited by PollexMessier
grammar fixes
  • Like 2

I'm gonna hijack this one and try include regular endless missions too, especially Hydron.

Though in general, I'd like to be able to select which zone, wave, how many minutes (survival), or conduits (disruption) to do before everyone gets to extract.

Edited by Vortuna

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

It's really hard to get into a public team in sanctuary onslaught, or elite, that's willing to go all the way to zone 8 nowadays. The mission type is flooded with people that are just there to level their gear and leave. this wouldn't be too big of a problem if enough people are looking to recruits fo SO or ESO zone 8 in the recruitment chat, but that's just not the case. Every time I try to do this I go upwards of 20 minutes trying to get a squad that will inevitably leave after one successful run. Not exactly helpful when you're trying to farm a 1% drop from a mission that by itself takes 20 minutes to complete. The other thing I see a lot of people suggest to mitigate this problem is "just ask clanmates or friends", well we're not all social butterflies. Many of us are in solo clans, or dead clans that we don't wanna leave for one reason or another, and just don't have any friends that are interested in the game. Or if they are, don't want to gun this incredibly tedious and grindy garbage upwards of 100 times to get this stuff. This is exactly the reason the "with friends or clanmates" part was removed from nightwave acts. While normal onslaught might be fairly easy to solo with the right build, elite IS NOT. "Just use x frame" is never an appropriate solution to problems like this since people might hate using that frame, and no one wants to spend nearly 50 hours in a tedious and stressful game mode with a frame they hate using.

The solution to all of this is a pretty simple one. Add a separate queue for people that want to go to zone 8 (like the hydrolyst queue) in ether SO or ESO. Problem completely fixed. Always end up in a team that wants to run to zone 8 and make the whole game mode a much more enjoyable experience for players that don't have any other good options to accomplish this. Maybe boost the rewards slightly for this queue as a reward for the added obligation, and an extra incentive to run this one over the normal queue. Maybe even add a punishment for people that bail out early, count is as a mission failure so rewards and bonus xp aren't given, to discourage leaches and trolls, and improve the chances that you'll end up on a team that's really prepared to complete it.

i can easily solo up to ESO 11... i got bored, so i dont know how far i can actually go.

19 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Honestly if it relies on boosting the rewards and punishing people for not complying then there is a problem with the core concept. 

it doesn't rely on it at all. I deliberately listed those as optional additions to make things run smoother. i have no doubt that the queue by itself would be good enough. but extra incentives for people to run it and a negative to people who could ruin it for others would be nice bonuses

3 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

i can easily solo up to ESO 11... i got bored, so i dont know how far i can actually go.

Many people can easily solo the Hydrolyst in 5 minutes. But there's still a queue for it, because most people can't.

Just because you can doesn't mean its easy for everyone else.

Edited by PollexMessier

2 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

many people can easily solo the hydrolyst in 5 minutes. but there's still a queue for it, because most people can't

exactly, its an ELITE part of the game.

7 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

it doesn't rely on it at all. I deliberately listed those as optional additions to make things run smoother. i have no doubt that the queue by itself would be good enough. but extra incentives for people to run it and a negative to people who could ruin it for others would be nice bonuses

you're basically requesting a punishment on people that have invested serious time in their gear to be able to do something solo.
or you are directing your punishment on those people with unranked weapons, please tell me how an unranked weapon is going to handle wave 8+?

there is already a HUGE incentive, thats affinity (the thing the game revolves around for the most part)... you can not walk out ANY mission with as much affinity as you can from ESO in the same time.

46 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Many people can easily solo the Hydrolyst in 5 minutes. But there's still a queue for it, because most people can't.

Just because you can doesn't mean its easy for everyone else.

I'd counter that there is a cue for it because you get more affinity in a group because of the increased spawn rate. Tho I'm sure some people just can't solo it, tho those people aren't going to be ready to go to Wave 20 anyhow. 

Edit:

Sry initially read that as Hydron, also in the middle of a Rapadapalapalyst fight. I will give you the bulk of people prolly can't solo the Hydrolist.

Edited by Oreades

On 2019-07-28 at 6:29 PM, 5p33dy_01 said:

you're basically requesting a punishment on people that have invested serious time in their gear to be able to do something solo.
or you are directing your punishment on those people with unranked weapons, please tell me how an unranked weapon is going to handle wave 8+?

there is already a HUGE incentive, thats affinity (the thing the game revolves around for the most part)... you can not walk out ANY mission with as much affinity as you can from ESO in the same time.

again, the punishment was a suggestion expanding on the request for a zone 8 queue. and how does this punish better players in any way exactly?

the proposal works like this: normal eso is untouched, continues to work exactly the same as it always did. instead a new queue is added specifically for people that want to get to zone 8 for the rotation c rewards. creating an easy and accessible way to queue into a public team that ll have that goal in mind, and aren't likely to bail out at wave 4 because they were just there to grind affinity which happens most of the time now and is only going to happen more as time goes on. then with additional suggestion of extra rewards and punnishments, this zone 8 queue now has a risk/reward system, where you risk potentially not getting any rewards if you fail to reach zone 8 for the potential reward of more/rarer loot at the end. discouraging people from joining this specific queue with a poor setup because they might fail and waste their time completely, and encouraging people who might've otherwise still kept to using the normal queue anyways because the rewards are better. I really see no downside to anyone on this.

I really don't see DE implementing that part tho. I'd be more than happy with just a seperate queue for people that wanna get to zone 8 for the rewards

55 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

again, the punishment was a suggestion expanding on the request for a zone 8 queue. and how does this punish better players in any way exactly?

the proposal works like this: normal eso is untouched, continues to work exactly the same as it always did. instead a new queue is added specifically for people that want to get to zone 8 for the rotation c rewards. creating an easy and accessible way to queue into a public team that ll have that goal in mind, and aren't likely to bail out at wave 4 because they were just there to grind affinity which happens most of the time now and is only going to happen more as time goes on. then with additional suggestion of extra rewards and punnishments, this zone 8 queue now has a risk/reward system, where you risk potentially not getting any rewards if you fail to reach zone 8 for the potential reward of more/rarer loot at the end. discouraging people from joining this specific queue with a poor setup because they might fail and waste their time completely, and encouraging people who might've otherwise still kept to using the normal queue anyways because the rewards are better. I really see no downside to anyone on this.

I really don't see DE implementing that part tho. I'd be more than happy with just a seperate queue for people that wanna get to zone 8 for the rewards

something that could also be a reason, people only want A/A rewards or B rewards. that could also be a reason people leave.

what you're saying could apply to any mission, i wanted to get to C rotation in defense or survival when i first started, but i couldn't because i was not geared enough.

maybe try and do some research on solo ESO and find a way you can deal enough damage in a large enough area, and you can solo your wave 8+.
its possible and fairly easy to do with the right gear (just like everything else)
that's exactly what i did and in 5 days (because of production) i was able to solo it, no stress.

there does not need to be another queue added for a wave
its ELITE and meant to take time and understanding on your gear, damage output, and definitely is possible by everyone, just NOT with ANY frame or weapon, thats the part people have a hard time with.

A 99% sign on this from me. I wouldn't agree to the very last part because it would make it easier for trolls I think because for them it may be just a few seconds/minutes but for the rest of the team it ruins the entire run and at least the aforementioned 20 minutes. A draconic punishment would be fine by me and I'm not being sarcastic here. Like if they're leaving deliberately way too early...on second thought, even that wouldn't stop those types (my idea was to block them from playing the game entire for x hours or something). For that part it would be nice if we could actually just report people in game and not having to go to the support (that sometimes takes mere hours, sometimes weeks to react)

The entire queueing/matchmaking needs an overhaul. Among other aspects, I'd prefer to only be matched with people taking their time or otherwise going the extra mile in missions. Especially with the recent uptick in premature extractions when two of a team are at the point. Saw this for days now but didn't keep track of it, only today tested and saw it was a certainty in nightmare missions...and I wish I could just NOT be subjected to this. I don't need Warframe to be in permanent drug induced speedmode.

-local social hermit crab