Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profit taken

(PSN)KyomaSatomi

Question

I've been trying myself with the Profit Taker heist lately and I didn't even get to finish the 1st bounty.

After you have to catch those fishes to find the manifests, you need to defend a console to capture a base. After about a minute, you have Raknoids and Jackal spawn in and that's where it goes downhill for me as I losst all my revives and still didn't manage to finish it.

I was playing solo and using my Rhino which I had modded with Vitality, Steel Fiber, Flow, Streamline, Intensify, Stretch, Continuity, Power Drift, Steel Charge and Ironclad Charge

18 answers to this question

Wellll the main issue is your playing allooonne!

But if that is for preference/necessity, Id say the main thing is to keep track of the Alert Level, and try to mitigate it. Focus on the pylons and the units spawning them, and hopefully, you'll keep the alert level down long enough to be able to get through it without those high level units spawning!

(Granted its been a while sense I've actually cared if the level rises or not, so Im unsure if the mission itself auto raises it, but Id focus on doing that first. If the mission does in fact auto raise the level, then Id suggest focusing on raising your own. Get a few corrupted mods, like Transient Fortitude for starters, beef up that iron skin and attack buff with more power strength from that (probably removing stretch). Get a solid weapon like a well built Catchmoon, stuff like that. Your currently hitting pretty late game content, so being prepared is essential.)

vor 42 Minuten schrieb WellIHopeThisOneWorks:

But if that is for preference/necessity, Id say the main thing is to keep track of the Alert Level, and try to mitigate it. Focus on the pylons and the units spawning them, and hopefully, you'll keep the alert level down long enough to be able to get through it without those high level units spawning!

(Granted its been a while sense I've actually cared if the level rises or not, so Im unsure if the mission itself auto raises it, but Id focus on doing that first. If the mission does in fact auto raise the level, then Id suggest focusing on raising your own. Get a few corrupted mods, like Transient Fortitude for starters, beef up that iron skin and attack buff with more power strength from that (probably removing stretch). Get a solid weapon like a well built Catchmoon, stuff like that. Your currently hitting pretty late game content, so being prepared is essential.)

Those mods are Somewhat of a sore spot for me as I have 2 of them, Transient Fortitude and Fleeting Expertise, but I've never put them to use because I don't want the stat penalty and needing to compensate them with another mod or have my build getting a weakspot that blows up in my face.

As for my weapons, I was using my Sybaris Prime, my Tombfinger and my Plague Zaw.

vor 26 Minuten schrieb Vermashank:

If you have a more defensive frame like Gara or Frost to help you with the console that could get you over the hump. 

I did the first 3 parts of the profit taker heist solo with Frost, it's manageable.. 

At this point, Rhino is my strongest frame - well the one I took my most time with the modding to beef it up.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Those mods are Somewhat of a sore spot for me as I have 2 of them, Transient Fortitude and Fleeting Expertise, but I've never put them to use because I don't want the stat penalty and needing to compensate them with another mod or have my build getting a weakspot that blows up in my face.

As for my weapons, I was using my Sybaris Prime, my Tombfinger and my Plague Zaw.

Yeahhh, but think of the state penalty not as that, but more of 'converting' another state into a much more useful state! To really get into High level play, your going to need to get used to taking a hit/compensating a bit with Transient at the very least, that 55% power buff is to good to pass up for the low low price a single continuity. (at the way far off point of getting and maxing a prime continuity you dont even need to take a hit in effective duration anymore, but I didn't want to bring that up sense its probably going to be a while for that 😅) Point is, balancing out corrupted mods is a integral part of this game, well, unless you want to just farm for Inaros...then you can walk in with no mods at all and probably be fine.

But anyway, yeahhh those weapons are good on there own, but the main issue I see with them is they are all single target. For a lot of things that's fine, but for a mission such as defense, especially with those high level enemies, your going to want at least one weapon (such as a catch moon or some heavy bullet hose like a Supra or AOE gun like the Ogris) that can deal with large amounts of enemies and clear through the weaker ones so you can focus your single target against the bigger ones that survive. Otherwise you just taking constant damage from all sides at all times, and unless you have Zenurik for the energy to cast iron skin every few seconds, that isn't going to work out...

vor 55 Minuten schrieb WellIHopeThisOneWorks:

Yeahhh, but think of the state penalty not as that, but more of 'converting' another state into a much more useful state! To really get into High level play, your going to need to get used to taking a hit/compensating a bit with Transient at the very least, that 55% power buff is to good to pass up for the low low price a single continuity. (at the way far off point of getting and maxing a prime continuity you dont even need to take a hit in effective duration anymore, but I didn't want to bring that up sense its probably going to be a while for that 😅) Point is, balancing out corrupted mods is a integral part of this game, well, unless you want to just farm for Inaros...then you can walk in with no mods at all and probably be fine.

But anyway, yeahhh those weapons are good on there own, but the main issue I see with them is they are all single target. For a lot of things that's fine, but for a mission such as defense, especially with those high level enemies, your going to want at least one weapon (such as a catch moon or some heavy bullet hose like a Supra or AOE gun like the Ogris) that can deal with large amounts of enemies and clear through the weaker ones so you can focus your single target against the bigger ones that survive. Otherwise you just taking constant damage from all sides at all times, and unless you have Zenurik for the energy to cast iron skin every few seconds, that isn't going to work out...

I never got the impression that those penalties can be any positive - I know about Speed Nova, but it's nothing I would run and putting on another mud to offset that penalty doesn't really strike me as a good thing. To me, it's more wasting a slot and cutting into the effect of the other mod (like the -55% efficiency of Blind Rage pretty much cancelling the effect of Streamline which in return is my only way of getting more efficiency).

As for my weapons, I have no Catchmoon right now - and no open slots atm - and I don't know at the drop of my head what are good alternatives in terms of primaries.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I never got the impression that those penalties can be any positive - I know about Speed Nova, but it's nothing I would run and putting on another mud to offset that penalty doesn't really strike me as a good thing. To me, it's more wasting a slot and cutting into the effect of the other mod (like the -55% efficiency of Blind Rage pretty much cancelling the effect of Streamline which in return is my only way of getting more efficiency).

As for my weapons, I have no Catchmoon right now - and no open slots atm - and I don't know at the drop of my head what are good alternatives in terms of primaries.

Its a matter of thinking of it in terms of application. Using your blind rage for instance (though I agree that cost can get quite huge and I dont often use it for that reason but its I have a good example), say you cast an ability and it half health a target, like say, Volts first ability, shock. It cost you 25 energy to do so, and the target still yet lives, meaning you need to spend another 25 energy to kill it, bringing it up to 50 energy, and the cost in time of two casts of your shock. But, you half healthed it right? well, you throw on a blind rage, suddenly, your not half healthing it, but your one shotting it! sure it costs you roughly 39 energy to do so, but that's still a net savings of 11 energy and a whole entire cast time! 

The same can be said if your measuring your say, Rhino's stomp. If a stomp goes from just knocking up a large amounts of enemies, to actually killing all of them in a single cast, is it worth the cost in efficiency? that's the type of questions that should be asked, not 'It gives me a downside I have to counter act therefore it must be bad.' The corrupted mods are some of the most powerful mods in the game do to the fact you have to play around there downsides, either by just dealing with the increase in cost/lack of duration/range, or counter acting them with another mod. It also stands that corrupted mods are the only real way to get certain states into your kit (like you cant reach the 175% efficiency state without fleeting expertise, period). And its the only way to really start amping up your ability by increasing just how much each casts of your abilities actually do. Transient especially is one of the best corrupted mods do to this reason. Sure yes it cuts into your duration a little bit, but you dont hardly use duration outside of your roar anyway, and if you really feel you need it, you work in a Continuity into your build in order to do so. The massive increase in strength Transient provides far outweighs its detriment,  as it will amplify the armor you get from your Ironclad charge, which will further amplify the amount of bonus 'health' you get from casting your iron skin on top of it, along with just the straight increase from having more power strength. Your roar will give you a greater damage buff allowing you to drop enemies just faster in general (even if it doesn't last as long), and your stomp might actually kill some of the smaller enemies.

But, even after stating all that, this is a game about choice. If all of that wasn't enough to convince you to at least give them a solid shot, then well, I wish you good luck. Just know that most of the recommended builds out there will use them, most of the recommendations for builds on here, will include them. And you will have a harder time than most going through late late game content like the Profit taker Quest line. That is just a fact, especially if your going to try and work through it solo.

Can you still do it? possibly, maybe, if you try realllly hard. But, youll have to farm up a lot, and get a lot more things, which, will be good to get anyway (such as arcanes and focus schools), but, just saying. this wont be happening any time soon unless you embrace the concept, at least a little bit, of 'min maxing'. 

Cause while this game is made for everyone, in order to do things solo in the later game, your going to need to be the strongest Tenno you can be.

Yeah, Id work on getting a few more slots, or at least opening up one free, and trying to find an AOE weapon that suits your needs. For primaries, id say Ogris, Zarr, or the Lenz would work out decently well, and are able to be gotten by you. other than that, maybe a Soma prime? or a Tiberon/Prime? those are the best I can recommend. 

But, to be honest, I dont say this to sound mean, but if your dead set on doing this solo/cant do it in a match made group, this might just be to early for you to do at this point. Farm up a bit and come back to it at a later date, it's not like its going anywhere 😅

vor 18 Minuten schrieb WellIHopeThisOneWorks:

Its a matter of thinking of it in terms of application. Using your blind rage for instance (though I agree that cost can get quite huge and I dont often use it for that reason but its I have a good example), say you cast an ability and it half health a target, like say, Volts first ability, shock. It cost you 25 energy to do so, and the target still yet lives, meaning you need to spend another 25 energy to kill it, bringing it up to 50 energy, and the cost in time of two casts of your shock. But, you half healthed it right? well, you throw on a blind rage, suddenly, your not half healthing it, but your one shotting it! sure it costs you roughly 39 energy to do so, but that's still a net savings of 11 energy and a whole entire cast time! 

The same can be said if your measuring your say, Rhino's stomp. If a stomp goes from just knocking up a large amounts of enemies, to actually killing all of them in a single cast, is it worth the cost in efficiency? that's the type of questions that should be asked, not 'It gives me a downside I have to counter act therefore it must be bad.' The corrupted mods are some of the most powerful mods in the game do to the fact you have to play around there downsides, either by just dealing with the increase in cost/lack of duration/range, or counter acting them with another mod. It also stands that corrupted mods are the only real way to get certain states into your kit (like you cant reach the 175% efficiency state without fleeting expertise, period). And its the only way to really start amping up your ability by increasing just how much each casts of your abilities actually do. Transient especially is one of the best corrupted mods do to this reason. Sure yes it cuts into your duration a little bit, but you dont hardly use duration outside of your roar anyway, and if you really feel you need it, you work in a Continuity into your build in order to do so. The massive increase in strength Transient provides far outweighs its detriment,  as it will amplify the armor you get from your Ironclad charge, which will further amplify the amount of bonus 'health' you get from casting your iron skin on top of it, along with just the straight increase from having more power strength. Your roar will give you a greater damage buff allowing you to drop enemies just faster in general (even if it doesn't last as long), and your stomp might actually kill some of the smaller enemies.

But, even after stating all that, this is a game about choice. If all of that wasn't enough to convince you to at least give them a solid shot, then well, I wish you good luck. Just know that most of the recommended builds out there will use them, most of the recommendations for builds on here, will include them. And you will have a harder time than most going through late late game content like the Profit taker Quest line. That is just a fact, especially if your going to try and work through it solo.

Can you still do it? possibly, maybe, if you try realllly hard. But, youll have to farm up a lot, and get a lot more things, which, will be good to get anyway (such as arcanes and focus schools), but, just saying. this wont be happening any time soon unless you embrace the concept, at least a little bit, of 'min maxing'. 

Cause while this game is made for everyone, in order to do things solo in the later game, your going to need to be the strongest Tenno you can be.

Yeah, Id work on getting a few more slots, or at least opening up one free, and trying to find an AOE weapon that suits your needs. For primaries, id say Ogris, Zarr, or the Lenz would work out decently well, and are able to be gotten by you. other than that, maybe a Soma prime? or a Tiberon/Prime? those are the best I can recommend. 

But, to be honest, I dont say this to sound mean, but if your dead set on doing this solo/cant do it in a match made group, this might just be to early for you to do at this point. Farm up a bit and come back to it at a later date, it's not like its going anywhere 😅

Too early to do this quest? After I've beaten pretty much any other quest in this game and reached MR17? When do you think it's "not too early" or "right" to do it? When I caved in and started killing stats in order to buff some others or offset the stat-killing by sacrificing a modslot that I could use for things like another augment while totally eating up the effect of the mod that I use to mitigate the stat penalty?

Sorry for the outburst, but I'm quite iffy about cutting down stats on purpose. It feels like crippling my frame on purpose. If I don't need a certain stat, I usually just forgo to increase it and focus on other stats instead. To me, what you call "net increase" feels more like a zero sum game as the stat penalty eats up the benefits from the buffs.

But speaking about the weapons, I actually have a Soma P that I currently level up. As for the others you mentioned, I have yet to get the plat to buy me some new slots and in the case of the Zarr, I also need to build the Drakgoon you need as a part for it.

I do wonder if my Tigris or my Hek might be of help.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Too early to do this quest? After I've beaten pretty much any other quest in this game and reached MR17? When do you think it's "not too early" or "right" to do it? When I caved in and started killing stats in order to buff some others or offset the stat-killing by sacrificing a modslot that I could use for things like another augment while totally eating up the effect of the mod that I use to mitigate the stat penalty?

Sorry for the outburst, but I'm quite iffy about cutting down stats on purpose. It feels like crippling my frame on purpose. If I don't need a certain stat, I usually just forgo to increase it and focus on other stats instead. To me, what you call "net increase" feels more like a zero sum game as the stat penalty eats up the benefits from the buffs.

But speaking about the weapons, I actually have a Soma P that I currently level up. As for the others you mentioned, I have yet to get the plat to buy me some new slots and in the case of the Zarr, I also need to build the Drakgoon you need as a part for it.

I do wonder if my Tigris or my Hek might be of help.

*sighs and shrugs* idk dude, at that point if this is how you feel, Get Inaros. All he needs is health mods and youll never have to worry about dying again. 

As for the weapons, 

here's a relevant topic currently being discussed for good Soma builds, feel free to give it a look.

Good luck, youll need it..

vor 15 Stunden schrieb WellIHopeThisOneWorks:

*sighs and shrugs* idk dude, at that point if this is how you feel, Get Inaros. All he needs is health mods and youll never have to worry about dying again. 

As for the weapons, 

here's a relevant topic currently being discussed for good Soma builds, feel free to give it a look.

Good luck, youll need it..

I did finnish Sands of Inaros and maxed him out, tho I never got to use him as much as Rhino or Nidus. Rhino really has become my main over the course of the game.

Thank you for the link.

I don't want to be mean, but the last part of your reply does sound condescending.

Edited by (PS4)KyomaSatomi

On 2019-07-29 at 4:17 PM, Vermashank said:

If you have a more defensive frame like Gara or Frost to help you with the console that could get you over the hump. 

I did the first 3 parts of the profit taker heist solo with Frost, it's manageable.. 

Like me! I usually play solo also. Take a defense frame (Frost, Gara...) to defend the spot and yourself, and take down those "alert Pilles" to keep out the high levels. take a gun whith corrosive/ gas /magnetic (corpus have strog shilds).
You can doi it solo, and you will!! Good Luck!

On 2019-07-29 at 4:57 PM, WellIHopeThisOneWorks said:

+1

On 2019-07-29 at 4:57 PM, WellIHopeThisOneWorks said:

I think for the 1st and 3rd Heist the Alert Level is forced to rise and it won't go down.... so those enemies are Guaranteed to show up....

On 2019-07-29 at 5:43 PM, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I honestly can't say theres anything Wrong with your build ... it would work just fine in any other mission.... it just so happens that this mission is not designed properly....

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Lutesque:

+1

I think for the 1st and 3rd Heist the Alert Level is forced to rise and it won't go down.... so those enemies are Guaranteed to show up....

I honestly can't say theres anything Wrong with your build ... it would work just fine in any other mission.... it just so happens that this mission is not designed properly....

Can  I  ask you for any suggestion or advice you can provide?

1 hour ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Can  I  ask you for any suggestion or advice you can provide?

The best thing to do would be to Try and get a group together....

If thats not a possibility you can try switching out Iron Clad Charge for Iron Shrapnel. This will give you some control over when your uron skin goes down.....

As for the enemies.... sigh.... I would suggest a Stomp Build but these enemies can't be CC'ed.... you're going to have to kill them... and when you do the game will spawn replacements... and you'l have kill those too....

I did it with Octavia's Mallet (that thing is insane) and Volt's 4 with the Augment (which cost me 5/6 Revives in the end).... 

The experience was just awful....

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Lutesque:

The best thing to do would be to Try and get a group together....

If thats not a possibility you can try switching out Iron Clad Charge for Iron Shrapnel. This will give you some control over when your uron skin goes down.....

As for the enemies.... sigh.... I would suggest a Stomp Build but these enemies can't be CC'ed.... you're going to have to kill them... and when you do the game will spawn replacements... and you'l have kill those too....

I did it with Octavia's Mallet (that thing is insane) and Volt's 4 with the Augment (which cost me 5/6 Revives in the end).... 

The experience was just awful....

Last time, I wa going with the matchmaking system, which is usually faster than the recruit chat. But at that time, no one else was doing it, so I was totally on my own.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Last time, I wa going with the matchmaking system, which is usually faster than the recruit chat. But at that time, no one else was doing it, so I was totally on my own.

Yeah that's usually how it goes on PC too....