Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spore Ephemera Custom Energy colors

This ephemera looks really great, but it's pretty much impossible to get a deep colored energy that surrounds your warframe for some reason. No matter what color I tried there's always that weird light hue applied to the color which makes the color look much lighter than it should be. It's even impossible to recreate the default red color with any of the custom colors. I tried a bunch of red colors from Halloween, Fire, Classic Saturated, etc, but all of them look kinda washed and too light.

Example how it looks with default color and with Halloween's top-right red color (which is one of the deepest red there is):

0wPW5kb.png

The same happens with most other colors, deep purple turns into sort of pink-ish color, green becomes light green, etc.

It would be great if we could actually make the energy around warframe deep and saturated, like it is in default energy color, but with any color we like. Because currently the custom energy colors don't look that great IMO.

32 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Also for some reason the spores on the ground spawn with both energy colors if they're different. Some color 1 and some color 2.

I'm going to guess that's intended (and easier for them to set up), but the way the Ephemera seems to take darker colors doesn't line up with other effects going by the picture.

Indeed, my own example:

QtORF7p.png?1

Why on earth is the shimmer on the frame such a bright, glaring yellow when I'm using a vivid darker orange with a red background. Works well on the spores themselves, but the sheen is terrible. If I use the red as the first colour, it comes out as a bright pink.

For my own tastes it would also be nice if the spores themselves used the Primary colour for their "skin". Also to actually maybe leave a trail of growths as we move, like the icy step or the plant one.

Great ephemera, but yeah, a few issues.

Edit: Another pic to highlight how it looks in a game space:

l5utdCS.jpg?1

Edited by KokoroWish

Since I use pure black as my primary accessory energy color, I don't have this issue with forma'd frames, but If I want to use a non-forma'd frame the ephemera's primary energy color is far too washed out and creates a bright contrast which doesn't fit with the darker colors I use for my frames.

I really wish the sheen's primary color was closer to the selected color, we have enough color options to pick brighter varients of the same color if we want our sheen to glow.

Infact, the secondary energy color unless the primary color is set to very - pure dark is almost unnoticable on the sheen.

The fact that the original color can't be recreated just gives the impression that the primary color is bugged with how it reads selected colors, and thinks its "much" brighter than it should be.

Edited by MemeCataclysm

• 3 years later...

Behold, resurrection!

I equipped the Spore Ephemera yesterday on my Nidus Prime and realized this was still an issue sadly. I am fairly certain that, as MemeCataclysm states above, there has to be a bug that's adding white to the selected energy color. It's weird the default can be proper red (think R255, G0, B0) and when selecting that same value it has white mixed in, and no matter how much brightness you substract, unless it's pure black, it keeps whitewashing the colors.

DE please :(