Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy Orbs in Reworked Corpus Gas City Tileset Conclave Map Nonfunctional

standardheadache

First bug post, so I'm sorry if I format something wrong.

Right now, all energy orbs visually spawn by default at the beginning of the match, but do not ever functionally spawn (give energy). They also do not show up on the minimap. another indicator that they have not functionally spawned.

E3TsH4K.png

0Kbo0wD.png

uXYDkSn.png

Thank you for stopping by!

• Like 2

On 2019-08-10 at 7:21 PM, standardheadache said:

Right now, all energy orbs visually spawn by default at the beginning of the match, but do not ever functionally spawn (give energy)

The amount of orbs that provide energy varies with player density just like in the rest of the matches, however, since all of them are visually spawned at every moment and don't despawn when picked up, it's really hard to figure out which orbs are actually working without taking a look at the lower part of the screen or your energy bar.

On 2019-08-10 at 7:21 PM, standardheadache said:

They also do not show up on the minimap.

Can confirm, Gas Works 2.0 is the only map where energy orbs aren't marked. 

PS: Orbs seem to be bugged for the host (tested on solo gameplay) and clients despite of the match being hosted by a dedicated server or another player.

• Like 2

I am not able to reproduce the energy orbs not actually giving you energy. If you can provide additional details on that I can look further. 
As for the orbs not being marked on the mini map, the issue is known and we are working on a fix. 

• Like 1

On 2019-08-13 at 4:10 PM, [DE]Tweep said:

I am not able to reproduce the energy orbs not actually giving you energy. If you can provide additional details on that I can look further. 
As for the orbs not being marked on the mini map, the issue is known and we are working on a fix. 

Just ran some tests and here's a clip showing orb behavior on dedicated servers:

Spoiler

10 seconds in the clip it can be seen how the energy suddenly jumps from 27 to 52, but other than the energy bar there is no other feedback when picking up the orb (no noise, no "+25 energy" message popping up, orb doesn't despawn). The same behavior can be seen again on another orb 10 seconds later, and even tough it's not on the clip, the behavior is consistent with the third orb that can be seen behind the second one.

In the clip it can also be seen how there are 3 orbs in the map, even tough in the match there were only 2 players, so a single orb should have been spawning until at least 2 more players join the lobby in order to enable the second orb; and then the third orb should only appear when the lobby reaches 6 players.

• Like 4

On 2019-08-13 at 4:10 PM, [DE]Tweep said:

Update: After some further testing i figured out that the orbs are actually providing energy as intended, however, the misleading issue is the missing feedback (UI message in the bottom-center of the screen and noise) when it happens.

Here's a clip of how do orbs work normally:

Spoiler

And here's one showing how do orbs currently work on solo gameplay:

Spoiler

-No bottom-center "+25 energy" pop up
-Lack of sound feedback
-More orbs in map than intended (there should be just 1 orb for solo gameplay, however, gas works is the only map where all orbs are available regardless of player count)

The video in my previous post shows how are orbs currently behaving in dedicated servers, so i guess the notion of orbs not giving energy came mainly from the lack of feedback and the orbs not despawning when picked up leading to players walking over an orb that might have been picked up by someone else recently.

• Like 3