The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Very low FPS Very low CPU usage

Hoppy-TAS

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.  The game was working perfect 2 days ago when I last played.

This has happened once or twice but my usual fix isn't working, in fact it made it worse.

Orbiter 55-80 FPS  (Normally 160-200fps high settings)

In mission 25-40 FPS with lots of drops to 10 and even 1  (normally 80-120fps high settings)

Specs:

MSI GE62 Apache Pro 6QF

GTX970M

6700HQ

16 gig ram

960 pro m.2 ssd 1tb + 850 evo 1tb ssd

In game the cpu clock drops from its normal 3.3GHz to  0.7GHz! with 20% usage...

The gpu sits at 20-40% usage

Ram sits at 5gig used out of 16  but the game only adds about 0.8 gig to background + chrome etc.

What I have tried that normally fixes:

- Verify

- Optimise

- Download and Install new Nvidia drivers

- Restart

- Verify

- Optimise

- Verify

- Set GPU to on/high performance in global

Direct X  is set to use Direct X 11 in the launcher settings (can't uncheck both 10 and 11 , have to choose either or  as that is a "fix" I have found in older threads)

Really out of idea's without reinstalling my PC which with uni atm that is NOT an option.

Wild guess, overheating? CPU downclocking in such drastic way might be a sign of overheating. Check the air exhaust slots of your laptop if they are clogged up with dust. Also might be good idea to check if the CPU fan is actually still working. Cleaning out the heatsink is another good idea. Laptop heatspreaders and fans are rather small and clog up fast.

8 hours ago, Papragu said:

Wild guess, overheating? CPU downclocking in such drastic way might be a sign of overheating. Check the air exhaust slots of your laptop if they are clogged up with dust. Also might be good idea to check if the CPU fan is actually still working. Cleaning out the heatsink is another good idea. Laptop heatspreaders and fans are rather small and clog up fast.

Laptop is stripped and cleaned annually,  thermal paste has been replaced with much better stuff  and in other games which are much more CPU intensive absolute peak temp ive seen with HWMonitor is 80c   and normally runs at 70c  and idling at 40c  with a really good cooling pad thats on all the time.

So heat wont be an issue here I dont imagine expecially when these toasty little CPU's dont start throttling till 90c

13 hours ago, Blobfish86 said:

I believe is some conflict with the game and the video drivers, in the forum there's lots of people with similar problem. Unfortunatelly, the only solution is wait and hope some update or hotfix solve it

Sad Face

Power options - High performance ?! And check for the "min" CPU usage,usually 10%, u can bump that to like 50-60 or even 80-90, for the test as well. So at least it wont drop clocks.

If u tweaked those , try removing Core 0+1 from the Affinity of Warframe exe, aka Task manager , Tab Details , Right click warframe[something]exe , set affinity , remove 0+1.

Yet if u think its an Nvidia driver issue, remove it completely and install an 1-2 month old one /which in my case didnt work/.

and friendly reminder, never use Vsync even via Nvidia driver should be set "off" Exception will be if your using Gsync , which is still useless compared to NoSync and FlickerFree displays.

Lastly , make sure its not running on the "Integrated GPU" lul that would be a bummer xD

On 2019-08-11 at 5:41 AM, Hoppy-TAS said:

MSI GE62 Apache Pro 6QF

Looks like this computer have both GPU, intel and NVidia. Make sure it is running on high performance NVidia graphics, not a slower intel graphics.

If options are missing, install both intel and NVidia VGA/Graphics drivers for it. Link for MSI GE62 6QF computer: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GE62-6QF-Apache-Pro Note that NVidia website may have a newer software driver for NVidia graphics, which might work better.

Link to my drawings of how to switch to high performance: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7AQSK5jfaCm1Xfqa8 I have Ryzen 2400g Vega 11, AMD Rx 580, and NVidia Gt 1030. My Motherboard have "HybridGraphics" enabled, with integrated as primary. The computer can render on high performance GPU, transfer into integrated graphics, and then output rendered picture that is plugged into integrated graphics. My 3 GPU switchable graphics gets more tricky, I have to set only one of them to high performance GPU.

I'm sorry but... laptop?

... Those things are built to horribly overheat.

You can clean it up, renew the thermal paste, add cooling pads, but there's simply one single thing that you can't control... Your laptop's natural air flow. And that is, by design, constricted to ensure that a laptop burns itself out 1 week after the end of its warranty, on the hand of a "normal" user. Someone that has the technical aptitude to do what you did to your laptop is beyond of what companies consider "normal user".

Out of curiosity though, what's the OS?

Edited by Uhkretor