Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Give Up, Some Does More Ap Dps Than Even Flux

Patzer

You can't play the Warframe of the future today.

What we have now in the game is all that is important, right now.

So the future isn't important to right now? 

That's like saying the world economy is going to crash tomorrow, but no one panic because right now it's fine! Don't prepare or anything.

The future is the most important part of right now. We have to prepare and anticipate it. 

So the future isn't important to right now? 

That's like saying the world economy is going to crash tomorrow, but no one panic because right now it's fine! Don't prepare or anything.

The future is the most important part of right now. We have to prepare and anticipate it. 

Except we can't prepare for because we still don't know how Armor/Damage 2.0 works, even with the small hints given in the Livestream. Where's your point in this context again?

Except we can't prepare for because we still don't know how Armor/Damage 2.0 works, even with the small hints given in the Livestream. Where's your point in this context again?

Well see, it's not us. It's DE. DE knows how the armor system is going to work, and how the weapons will be redesigned and are designed or purposed to match. 

He is acting as though because the system right now is in place, despite the fact it's about to be completely trashed, everything should be built around and then rebuilt when the new system exists. 

We are not the ones preparing, the dev team is with the new weapons. 

We are anticipating, which is why I added it in. 

Well see, it's not us. It's DE. DE knows how the armor system is going to work, and how the weapons will be redesigned and are designed or purposed to match. 

He is acting as though because the system right now is in place, despite the fact it's about to be completely trashed, everything should be built around and then rebuilt when the new system exists. 

We are not the ones preparing, the dev team is with the new weapons. 

We are anticipating, which is why I added it in. 

Anticipating something usually implies preparation. Also, everything should and will be built around this system until the new one is implemented, which will facilitate the development of new(?) builds.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

Does it really matter ?

I still won't hate my flux.

It is my to go weapon for high level infested games since it works like a huge melee sword with shred, cutting AND staggering through them. And it is even more important now for my Vauban now since I got a Bastille cap.  

Against ancients I just switch.

Soma is good for damage but it is NOT good for CC.

However OP should be using Supra as a comparison and not Flux. 

Both weapon serve similar purposes while Flux is a different ball game all together.

For Vauban I prefer to use the Ignis. The combo of Ignis + Vortex is just crazy, instant kill on level 50 ancients, with dozens of numbers on screen. And it spares the Ignis ammo too.

Im going to use Flux with Volt. Its Electric Shield can double the range of the laser.

I'm fairly certain new weapons are being built to fit the new apparently crit centric system. Just look at all the higher crit weapons we've been given lately. 
The new system will facilitate the development of new builds, hopefully anyways. I'm kind of really hoping it does. 

Anticipation is more passive than preparation. But yes, it may imply some is going on in a limited sense, and for us this is a rather limited sense of preparation so I felt it fitting. 

And he was still being ignorant for saying that the future is unimportant. That's just bad life practice in general. 

I'm fairly certain new weapons are being built to fit the new apparently crit centric system. Just look at all the higher crit weapons we've been given lately. 

The new system will facilitate the development of new builds, hopefully anyways. I'm kind of really hoping it does. 

Anticipation is more passive than preparation. But yes, it may imply some is going on in a limited sense, and for us this is a rather limited sense of preparation so I felt it fitting. 

And he was still being ignorant for saying that the future is unimportant. That's just bad life practice in general. 

New weapons will come regardless of what happens, if Warframe wants to maintain a sense of "freshness" to its gameplay/content.

Fair enough, in regards to anticipation vs. preparation. Still, I was just pointing out that the practice was valid only within the context (for now).

Soma is accurate but not enought to archive a 100% headshot rate like flux thats the point. Even if you hold much the soma acc is going to spread a lot missing like 10% or 20% of the bullets or doing a bodyshot.

Soma can score very nearly all headshots at the maximum range of the Flux Rifle, even full auto.

Semi auto fire I can land almost every shot a headshot before I can even get an enemy health/ID bar on my HUD.

Fluxra is waaaay easier to handle with Shred against large swarms of Infested, so I'm going to stick to it when I want to.

Soma with Shred punctures just as much and doesn't handle any worse at such ranges.

Flux does have stagger, but that's another matter.

Thats the point of theorical dps its really pointless, its like saying Supra has more dps than bratom prime but we all know supra is going to miss pretty much all the shot unless the guy is hugging the mob.

in other words you cant say a weapon is better only for the raw dps.

It's already been pointed out numerous times that Soma's combination of range, accuracy, low recoil, and what is essentially selective fire allow it to come closer to peak theoretical performance than almost any other weapon.

Soma isn't a great primary because it has enormous theoretical DPS. Soma is a great primary because the weapon allows you to make use of that theoretical DPS in nearly all scenarios at any range.

It's the Anti-Supra.

Anticipating something usually implies preparation. Also, everything should and will be built around this system until the new one is implemented, which will facilitate the development of new(?) builds.

I've supercharged and triple polarized my Soma for the here and now.

For the future, I burned though about 30 T3s and now have 15+ Forma, in addition to spending the free plat handout on Catalysts.

I love how so many people believe Armor 2.0 is going to fix everything.

Everyone knows deep inside that DE can't do anything right.

Edit: Going back on track, would a 2.5x crit multiplier, rather than 3x, effectively nerf the Soma to a usable but not ridiculously op status?

Edited by goozilla

Edit: Going back on track, would a 2.5x crit multiplier, rather than 3x, effectively nerf the Soma to a usable but not ridiculously op status?

Most likely, a nerf to both critical chance and critical damage would change the Soma from the "OP" to "viable/competitive" status.

WHY not make next weapon have 4X crit damage and 60% crit chance, just make it rank 12

Why not just give me a nuke at rank 15? And a big, shiny detonator button to go with it.

it's fine, when rank 15 comes out, new map also comes out, may be 200-350 lvl enemies, 700 aoe base damage to about 9500 damage pre hit can't one shot them

don't always think about newbi maps, you are now rank 12, 200+  hours of playing, still just playing with 1-100 newbi enemies?

Edited by Cary2010haha

For Vauban I prefer to use the Ignis. The combo of Ignis + Vortex is just crazy, instant kill on level 50 ancients, with dozens of numbers on screen. And it spares the Ignis ammo too.

Im going to use Flux with Volt. Its Electric Shield can double the range of the laser.

Yup my Ignis is just freshly baked and potato, I would get it once I'm done with SW :p

If soma is pretty much op, why is it still weaker than acrid. Oh i know cause acrid is op...

Both deserve nerf but dont touch soma until acrid is fixed.

OP could you include vipers despairs and acrid in your spreadsheet?? thx

Edited by Davoodoo

Soma can definitely out damage my Dual Vipers, and probably matches my Despair. Vipers will also deplete ammo faster, but the opposite is true with Despair.

Despair is probably still a slightly better primary in most situations.

it's fine, when rank 15 comes out, new map also comes out, may be 200-350 lvl enemies, 700 aoe base damage to about 9500 damage pre hit can't one shot them

Such enemy inflation is not fine. This scaling numbers forever, with no change in essential content, is not fine.

Super high rank content is phenomenally boring because it's exactly the same stuff as low rank content, just with bigger numbers. Sure, I can occasionally go to rank 45-50 on endless defense, but I normally bail at 15 because later waves are more of the same.

If this is the only challenge Warframe has to offer in the long run, no change to armor, weapon/frame balance, or anything else will save it.

I feel things like the new Derelict missions and J-2000/Lephantis, despite certain issues, are a step in the right direction, while just making numbers bigger is a step backwards.

We need variety, and challenge bases around more than how much damage we can throw down range in a given period of time.

They are going to make soma a much higher rank, I hope DE gives it a 6-8 rank with a significant resource requirement. Synapse is stronger so it not like Soma beats clan weapons in general.

Please. That's a terrible fix. Everyone knows about the incoming rank change and possible crafting change, so they've already bought it. It's worse than doing nothing, because now DE can think 'oh, we changed something about the Soma, case closed.'

Please. That's a terrible fix. Everyone knows about the incoming rank change and possible crafting change, so they've already bought it. It's worse than doing nothing, because now DE can think 'oh, we changed something about the Soma, case closed.'

Your point is what?  This is beta, DE only cares about the PS4 launch and if they are going to balance for that event, people that got it now can look at as getting early access to a weapon they didn't have mastery for.

Everyone knows about the incoming rank change and possible crafting change,

That is simply not true, an amazing number of people haven't watched the live stream and your bandwagon arguments is just weak.

Edited by LazyKnight

Your point is what?  This is beta, DE only cares about the PS4 launch and if they are going to balance for that event, people that got it now can look at as getting early access to a weapon they didn't have mastery for.

That is simply not true, an amazing number of people haven't watched the live stream and your bandwagon arguments is just weak.

Except it's more than the livestream. It's the chat channels telling you to get the gun before your chance is gone, and seeing a Soma in 1/2 games and thus asking yourself "Why IS everyone using this damn thing?"

You're one to speak of weak arguments. I doubt you have anything better than the trash you've already laid at my feet.

You're one to speak of weak arguments. I doubt you have anything better than the trash you've already laid at my feet.

What weapon should people being using for primary weapons? I am mastery 11 and so far I have only found a few even worth equipping in the primary slot. Is it so bad people have a gun they actual like or are the other guns so terrible that people are fleeing the worthless weapons? What harm is it in giving people the gun that was the most popular in game(gorgon) before it was arbitrary nerfed it so people would be forced to use the worthless weapons instead?