The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using Unpopular Weapons #1: Sicarus

SweepTheLeg

So, I'm guilty of having been part of Warframe's meta-game, with a few exceptions (Ogris, Rhino, Nova).

I have Acrid and Soma and Straith, all maxed and a Sweeper and all that fun stuff. The problem for me is that it is only fun for so long, because if you don't make challenges for yourself there's not much to do with all these strong weapons.

This lead me to try out some of the weapons that aren't as popular, or that people just think are plain awful.

Sicarus.

It's a credit purchasable, unlocked burst fire pistol and I have to say I think it's one of the best credit purchasable weapons.

I tried it out unranked and it was awful, but after having put a little bit of time in it, it was well worth the wait.

Steady hands reduces the recoil by enough that all six shots (lethal torrent/barrel diffusion) will hit on point and it has a great critical hit rate. 

It works well as a sniper-pistol using Hawk Eye and it is quite fun to run around with a Suppress(ed) Sicarus getting head shots. It's very easy to get 60+ head shots a game with little effort using it and although body shots aren't fantastic with it, it holds its own for the cost. The best part about it is that it comes with a V polarity slot, ideal for Hornet strike, and will be able to 1-shot light/medium enemies and take about a clip (aimed at the head) to kill heavies all the way up to around level 60.

This makes it a gun that can remain in good use until stronger secondaries are available (Twin Gremlins, throwing stars, clan research) 

Gotta find me some Steady Hands then, I bought the Sicarus for mastery but the first lvls have been so painful (I dont usually Xini-lvl at first, I like to at least play a little to get a feel) that I considered just going all Kappa on it and be done. Praying to the RNG gods now then, thanks for the tip.

My first sidearm after the Lato, still have it potatoed and everything. It definitely gets more hate than it deserves; it is one of those guns that's a pain to level at first, but once you max it out it becomes a real beast, especially if you can land at least two out of three headshots (which I find to be a lot easier than most people say).

Granted it does fall flat late game, but so do 80% of the game's weapons, and hopefully the armor update will change that.

P.S. It's still credit purchasable? I could've sworn they changed it to crafting only.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

What I really dislike about the Sicarus is the awful delay between bursts; sure, it IS a burst weapon but still, the fact that you eat up 3 bullets out of your default 15 shots means you only get 5 trigger pulls out of every mag.

With mods, it can become decent but I'd pick even a Lato over the Sicarus if only because I'd have more control overall on my ammo usage and its recoil. At the end of ranking it up, it was, as mentionned, decent but I was eager to move to something else.

Edited by Wiegraf

What I really dislike about the Sicarus is the awful delay between bursts; sure, it IS a burst weapon but still, the fact that you eat up 3 bullets out of your default 15 shots means you only get 5 trigger pulls out of every mag.

DE just hasn't done the best job with burst fire weapons, yet. I find them really unsatisfying most of the time.

Perhaps they'll revamp them to feel and function better, along with armor 2.0.

DE just hasn't done the best job with burst fire weapons, yet. I find them really unsatisfying most of the time.

Perhaps they'll revamp them to feel and function better, along with armor 2.0.

Agreed; I'm actually someone who enjoys burst fire weapons in most shooters; sadly, Warframe isn't in that category at the moment but I'm also aware that things might change enough during this beta that the Sicarus and other burst fire weapons will have a much more appealing purpose later on.

My first sidearm after the Lato, still have it potatoed and everything. It definitely gets more hate than it deserves; it is one of those guns that's a pain to level at first, but once you max it out it becomes a real beast, especially if you can land at least two out of three headshots (which I find to be a lot easier than most people say).

Granted it does fall flat late game, but so do 80% of the game's weapons, and hopefully the armor update will change that.

P.S. It's still credit purchasable? I could've sworn they changed it to crafting only.

It's 20,000, which isn't all that bad considering its possibilities.

Every weapons is usable but not all weapons are super duper dope.

And a certain crowd only cares about having super duper dope weapons.

I use all weapons because they create different gameplay possibilities.

I find it boring to just use one weapon for an extremely long time and never change it.

Every weapons is usable but not all weapons are super duper dope.

And a certain crowd only cares about having super duper dope weapons.

I use all weapons because they create different gameplay possibilities.

I find it boring to just use one weapon for an extremely long time and never change it.

Exactly, that's why I'm trying other things out and I do believe Sicarus is good in its own right.

Next use the vulkar, and say nice things about it. Go on, I dare you :-p

Ps. It looking cool doesn't count as a nice thing to say XD

No. Vulkar is bad and will always be bad.

Next use the vulkar, and say nice things about it. Go on, I dare you :-p

Ps. It looking cool doesn't count as a nice thing to say XD

I actually level'd my Vulkar to 30 while training my Banshee at the same time.

I would say that Vulkar's the closest hitscan sniper rifle one could get in Warframe. However, its biggest drawback is the low magazine count + long reload time. Pain in the &#! when you miss your shots and have to waste time reloading.

Damage may also turn off some people, but it can be remedied by Banshee's 6.5x amplifier Sonar.