Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Sick Of Survival Extraction Trolls?

Siubijeni

I was just in a survival missions with some randoms and, without warning and at 9:48, we were extracting. One of my 'team-mates' had taken it upon himself to extract us, so without so much as a warning it just ended. None of us had died and we were having no trouble killing things. Life support was at 86%. There was no reason to do that.

The entire survival extraction system needs a rehaul. It doesn't show us a visible timer to warn us someone went there, it doesn't give us credits because we weren't at extraction when the misssion ended, it doesn't require half your team like normal, and so a single person can troll everyone else hardcore.

DE, if you really feel it's necessary to let a single person trigger extraction early, make it more like the Defense ones, where a single person can drop out if they like the reward! Even then, it still needs to show us a timer, so that those who wish to drop out with the other person can--they might not want to stay with a smaller team and less firepower, especially at high levels. This whole business where a single person who doesn't see fit to warn the team he's extracting can both end it early for the other three, and rob them of the credits they've earned for the mission is simply absurd and not thought out well at all!

EDIT: My clan-mates are suggesting that another fix would be that a single person can only force extraction if air support is out. That could be a fair fix but I would prefer the one suggested above. It shouldn't be hard to implement, especially since Defense missions already do something similar!

Edited by Siubijeni

I'm totally for the idea that, if a single person reaches extraction, it only ends the game when the other members, still fighting are either out of life support or dead.

It's a bit tiresome to run into extraction trolls (Or, worse, a group of people who all believe we won't last past 6 minutes and rush to evac).

Maybe add an interaction to the ships. If it's >5 mins, you can get there and get out on your own.

I'm not expecting any interaction with individual ships that will let other people see each ship going away anytime soon, so maybe DE could simply make early players individually end the game like in defense (no ship departure animation, just the mission complete info)

Maybe add an interaction to the ships. If it's >5 mins, you can get there and get out on your own.

I'm not expecting any interaction with individual ships that will let other people see each ship going away anytime soon, so maybe DE could simply make early players individually end the game like in defense (no ship departure animation, just the mission complete info)

Host Migration Failed. Returning to Multiplayer Menu.

Host Migration Failed. Returning to Multiplayer Menu.

I am guessing you mean that using this method Siubijeni's method will cause this error?

I get the host migration message commonly and it very rarely fails, I actually assume that when this error is created it has nothing to do with the host leaving but a connection error or something else entirely

Edited by DrugsForChildren

I agree with this with a undying passion. Tired of 3 out of 4 people trying to get far and keep farming / killing just to have it end early cause 1 guy can't handle it or just doesn't want to keep playing. There is no good reason why it should not require the whole team or atleast 3/4 to be at extraction for it to end.

For a Coop game this game mode is broken. Putting aside the majority of players refuse to type a few words on when they wish to extract in response to a general agreement on the topic...even in another language just acknowledging would be a plus.

Individual Extractions or Team Extraction.

On the one hand, it makes sense to keep it from being trollable. On the other, I've also seen enemies flooding extraction while the rest of the team is trapped. Sometimes you *want* to get out of there, pronto.

My best suggestion would be to simply put a buddy door on all survival extractions. That way, if someone *wants* to get out early, they have to convince at least one other person to do it, and everyone will know that it's done, as there's that helpful little "your team mate needs help opening a door" blast on the screen. For cases where there's a sole survivor, they can still open the door by themselves to get out.

This would require a slight bit more planning on our parts(if you plan on going until the very last second, opening the door early is a must), but it would keep people from prematurely forcing the mission to end.

or extraction can only happen when the whole group as at the extraction point? that way it forces the team to stick together and back each other up?

This is a bad solution as well. It's nothing more than the flip side of the OP's original problem. This mode really needs some work determining the possible rewards/extraction and the way the game goes about the actual process.

That door suggestion ^ is actually pretty good.

Edited by Xaaz

Only time I played it online, this happened. A player came into the level and went AFK for most of the duration of the mission, then went straight to extraction while the rest of us were trying to keep going. In fact, here's the one who did it:

9ikm.jpg

A $&*^ move coupled with a secondary $&*^ move.

[Edit] He clearly was not on a box. Whoops. Error fixed. XD

Edited by RyojinOrion