Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Basic and Elite Nightwave Acts

(PSN)Oberionne

I know there are Tenno who cannot do certain Acts because of either MR or solar map accessability (Lua having both). Those are not my issues.

My concern however, like a lot of veteran players (time logged, content reached, max MR, or longtime players (Day 1ers)), is the 3 forma weekly.  A lot of us have already dumped forma into everything and have perfect builds for our play styles.  We no longer need to spend forma unnecessarily.  The only frames and weapons I do not have forma in are either fine as is (my builds fit perfectly), are used mainly for riven cracking (holds the riven because that's the only reason I keep the weapon), or are next in the line up for priming.

I know DE is pushing for players to do the 'boring' content.  I also have friends and clan-mates who put off forma-ing anything until this weekly pops up because they want to put a lot of forma in at once.  I understand that using forma is a good thing; we all find that out quickly.  However, making a weekly for 3 forma seems a bit excessive, especially for only 4,500 points.  Some people don't have the blueprints stockpiled (or the built forma) to be able to do this.

I think either bringing the required forma for the Act down to 1 for the 4,500 points or boosting the points to 7,000 for 3 forma would be a good compromise.  I do not mind forma-ing anything, but being 'encouraged' to use 3 for a basic weekly seems a little much to me.

How many total things are there available to forma in the arsenal? How much time does a forma need to be built? Doesn't formas drop pretty regularly while opening relics? 3 formas can be carfted in 72 hours, that's less than a week. 

Then don't effing do it if it's such a chore for you.

How many times does this have to be said? With the time expand we only need about 50% of all the challenge points, so what's the harm in missing some of them? Prestige Ranks? 

And if you indeed need them (for whatever reason) then you have to swallow the bitter pill.

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Then don't effing do it if it's such a chore for you.

How many times does this have to be said? With the time expand we only need about 50% of all the challenge points, so what's the harm in missing some of them? Prestige Ranks? 

And if you indeed need them (for whatever reason) then you have to swallow the bitter pill.

What part of my post said I won't forma?  All I said was the amount of forma for the Nightwave points was not as rewarding for using 3.

As for the formas from relics, yes you can.

Nowhere in here was I griping to have it removed.  All I posted was an alteration to point:forma ratio.  3 forma for 4500 points is a little lacking in the points and steep in the forma.

Yes, I posted that older players are tired of using forma on complete builds. However, newer players either don't have the forma bps/complete forma or the resources to build 3 forma to use haphazardly because they're new (not knowing/asking what to do with them).

I made a suggestion (feedback) on the Nightwave Act, and you bit my head off.  I didn't post this to complain and have it removed (like a lot of other Acts have been).  I enjoy the challenging Acts, but ones that ask players to spend items they may not have is not enjoyable.  I have ran out of forma because I have a life outside this game and haven't been able to restock my stockpile (as do others), so getting told to use 3 forma and receive 4500 is a little unfair.  I never liked it in Season 2 or Intermission.

There are a few Nightwave tasks that I find simply a bad design. Anything that makes you hold off on activities that you would normally perform, so that you can do them when Nora tells you so, because they're not inherently repeatable or involve scarce resources:

• Forma equipment n times
  • Socket Ayatan sculptures
  • Gild equipment

It's not that I don't like those because I would never perform those activities. It's that I have this frame or weapon that I really wanted to forma, but I won't until that particular Nightwave task appears, otherwise I may not have anything I want to forma that many times. Same with gilding - there is only a limited number of things you can gild, so instead of doing it when I want to, I wait for Nora. Effectively, these tasks make me play less overall. I'd love to see them change. 

I wouldn't mind if the forma task was just 1 forma, same with Ayatan sculptures. The gilding simply needs to go.

2 hours ago, Iludra said:

There are a few Nightwave tasks that I find simply a bad design. Anything that makes you hold off on activities that you would normally perform, so that you can do them when Nora tells you so, because they're not inherently repeatable or involve scarce resources:

• Forma equipment n times
  • Socket Ayatan sculptures
  • Gild equipment

It's not that I don't like those because I would never perform those activities. It's that I have this frame or weapon that I really wanted to forma, but I won't until that particular Nightwave task appears, otherwise I may not have anything I want to forma that many times. Same with gilding - there is only a limited number of things you can gild, so instead of doing it when I want to, I wait for Nora. Effectively, these tasks make me play less overall. I'd love to see them change. 

I wouldn't mind if the forma task was just 1 forma, same with Ayatan sculptures. The gilding simply needs to go.

Scarce resources? Damn, it seems like I am playing a different game when I read l these things. 

Limited amount of things to forma or to gild? I don't underatand that statement.

Challenges that can be skipped make you play less? You relly on Nightwave to play Warframe? Nightwave being something parallel to real gameplay?

Edited by BLI7Z

6 hours ago, BLI7Z said:

Scarce resources? Damn, it seems like I am playing a different game when I read l these things. 

Ever hear of such thing as time? Or are you saying you have infinite time?

As for items to gild - are you saying there are infinite combinations? Is there an infinite amount of different pieces of equipment we could forma? We may be playing a different game indeed.

1 minute ago, Iludra said:

Ever hear of such thing as time? Or are you saying you have infinite time?

As for items to gild - are you saying there are infinite combinations? Is there an infinite amount of different pieces of equipment we could forma? We may be playing a different game indeed.

Just with regular gameplay the resources start to pile up, including Formas.

And there is a good amount of different modular components to try new builds with, just crafting them for the Mastery points isn't the only option. 

And there's always the possibility of skipping them.

What I would like to emphasize is that there should be a better recovery system to avoid being stuck with the same challenges. But I think that was already adressed for the next season.