Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post-mainline reminder, Phased, Rubedo and Immortal skins still broken

Rociel

It's 2019, another mainline update, a recently released Excalibur Umbra got a new toggle only for his scarf, but after years of release, Vauban Phased, Rhino Rubedo and Immortal skins are still broken on primes. All it would take is an existing (for these frames even) prime details toggle button to fix these.

YUvKBAY.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rociel said:

All it would take is an existing (for these frames even) prime details toggle button to fix these.

Given it hasn't happened, wouldn't it be extremely safe to say this isn't as easy as you think it is?

There's literally no money to be made by touching the Rubedo and Phased skins.

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Given it hasn't happened, wouldn't it be extremely safe to say this isn't as easy as you think it is?

It has happened before. See Mesa Immortal skin and Excalibur Umbra scarf (the scarf probably did involve more work thou). Also IIRC when they initially added that feature, it took at max 4 days between the "we gona try something" and "we did it".

Yes, they are probably not making any money with phased or rubedo skin, they are with immortal skins thou. A lot of people do enjoy the fashionframe with those and additional screenshots and pique the interest for new people, that have never seen those skins, would not hurt. The skins are still available for trading on Steam.

8 hours ago, peterc3 said:

I see this argument thrown around a lot, and I'm not really sure why. Most things DE changes/fixes are in no major way tied to monetization. They're simply about taking pride in their work, and making a great game better a little at a time.

I, for one, would love to get a Prime details toggle for Immortal skins (and Steam skins) just for that extra bit of customization and not having a specific look tied to the base, non-prime frame.

15 hours ago, Gataco1 said:

I see this argument thrown around a lot, and I'm not really sure why. Most things DE changes/fixes are in no major way tied to monetization. They're simply about taking pride in their work, and making a great game better a little at a time.

I, for one, would love to get a Prime details toggle for Immortal skins (and Steam skins) just for that extra bit of customization and not having a specific look tied to the base, non-prime frame.

Immortal skins are still on sale. There is still Plat to be gained from them. The Phased and Rubedo skins are from Steam Summer sales from years ago. There's no way to have more in the pool and they aren't bought with Plat either.

Touching them costs money with literally no return or possibility of return on that investment of time and energy.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Immortal skins are still on sale. There is still Plat to be gained from them. The Phased and Rubedo skins are from Steam Summer sales from years ago. There's no way to have more in the pool and they aren't bought with Plat either.

Touching them costs money with literally no return or possibility of return on that investment of time and energy.

It has nothing to do with money AFAIK, only that a programmer has the patience to work on it when there's no major assignment. After the Umbra toggle, I guess it should be slightly easier.

After all the toggle would be universal for all skins, including Immortal and any other variant that might come in -- and not only for PC; but for consoles.

Although they could probably also force the base model as an alternative, given the reason for the issue is that the special texturing can't be copied unto the Prime parts for obvious reasons, while these skins behave like the old texture override ones.

43 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

After the Umbra toggle, I guess it should be slightly easier.

It's even simpler. Vauban and Rhino already have prime details toggle for tennogen skin. They just need to apply the button for Steam skins too. The umbra toggle actually required some programming because those were not prime accessories, someone had to actually select the scarf for removal. The prime accesories that need to be removed are the same, weather it's steam, immortal or any skin other than tennogen.

29 minutes ago, Rociel said:

The umbra toggle actually required some programming because those were not prime accessories, someone had to actually select the scarf for removal.

On the technical side of things, as far as I'm aware, they are exactly the same as a Prime part. They're no different to, say, Nekros Prime's wings.