Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Index hek build?

DrakeRemorea

Question

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

So is status important? Because mines at 99.9% :l

On Hek, not really, that weapon will work fine with "just" damage for a good while.

If you want a Status Shotgun, there's a bunch of better options,
Arca Plasmor / Astilla / Corinth / a Riven'd Kohm / maybe Augment'd Sobek / Strun Wraith / ...

(Also, Radiation & Puncture procs aren't that useful in regards to killing stuff faster.)

Status on shotguns needs to reach 100% before multishot in order to guarantee a status proc for each pellet. If it is not 100% before multishot, it only represents the theoretical chance of at least a single pellet causing a status effect. Both Heks have 25% status chance, meaning you’ll need a full +300% status total to achieve this. 4 dual-stat elemental mods = +240%, so you’ll need another source of +60% status. The simple, but expensive/time-consuming option is a riven. The cheaper ones are Nano-Applicator and Motus Setup, but they require constant jumping or ability usage. 

Without any of those, it’s not really worth building for. At that point, focusing on damage, elemental damage, and multishot is a better option (or crit if you’re using Vaykor Hek) 

When I use Hek in the Index I also bring a Mesa with radiation-based peacemakers as the Hek is primarily puncture and the Index enemies are weak to impact. The Strun Wraith or Boar Prime work well and can be 100% status chance very easily and are impact-based. For my Index Vaykor Hek build (This will also work with regular Hek):

Primed Point Blank, Primed Ravage, Primed Charged Shell, Blaze, Blunderbuss, Hell's Chamber, Hunter Munitions, Crit Change/Damage Riven (This can be Scattered Justice on the regular Hek and vigilante armaments/laser sight on the Vaykor.)

Have fun blasting Corpus fools!