Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Changes

(XBOX)EntrTheLight

Hello Tenno!  I have had some issues with Kuva farming a lot lately, as it just gets boring and RNG just doesn't like me and I got to thinking, 'how can this be improved?'... which led to me thinking that we should implement kuva differently.   I think we should change how we receive kuva in kuva survivals!   How you ask?  Well may be or may not be simple, but here's my idea:

Instead of getting all of the kuva at once when a capsule is complete, we actually siphon from the capsule.   Capsules would be given a set amount of Kuva to hold, we siphon the kuva from it.  

So by giving one capsule, let's say 2,000 kuva, we would get a small portion of that amount every 5 seconds until that 2,000 kuva is gone.  If the health of the capsule gets below a certain percent, kuva is siphoned slower and you will not get the full amount... or if destroyed, you will no longer receive kuva from that capsule.   This also gives birth to a possible scaling method (for kuva survivals atleast) where at each milestone (wave 10, wave 20, wave 40, wave 60, etc) the kuva capsule will hold more kuva (but also harder to protect).  

There also could be random mini-bosses that could potentially steal kuva from you too.  Although any mini-boss that does should drop what they stole if they are defeated but if you were to die holding said kuva you'd lose that kuva.  (interesting twist, possibly)

Locking Stats: Ok so I've seen this topic before elsewhere, but I do like this idea a lot, so I'll mention it here as well.  I think we should be able to spend extra kuva per roll to lock stats in place when rolling rivens.  Of Course locked rivens would not be tradable, one could get there desired riven without terrible struggle (battling RNG). 

Anyways, that is about it.  Im not sure how to go into any more detail than that unfortunately, but maybe I could have sparked an imagination.  What do you think?

• Like 2

Hmm interesting idea, lemme throw some ideas as well. Maybe instead of giving it a set amount it just gives constant kuva at a set rate. The scaling would work by being able to activate more and more, improving your kuva/ sec. The balancing point would be you would have to defend more and more capsules while also losing spots for air support.

The only thing that would suck about this is that the team would end up being split up a lot, and going solo would really hurt your potential gains. But I think it would be interesting and actually rewarding to players attempting to challenge themselves by trying to hold more than 1 each

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (XB1)TokyoDreamer91 said:

Hello Tenno!  I have had some issues with Kuva farming a lot lately, as it just gets boring and RNG just doesn't like me and I got to thinking, 'how can this be improved?'... which led to me thinking that we should implement kuva differently.   I think we should change how we receive kuva in kuva survivals!   How you ask?  Well may be or may not be simple, but here's my idea:

Instead of getting all of the kuva at once when a capsule is complete, we actually siphon from the capsule.   Capsules would be given a set amount of Kuva to hold, we siphon the kuva from it.  

So by giving one capsule, let's say 2,000 kuva, we would get a small portion of that amount every 5 seconds until that 2,000 kuva is gone.  If the health of the capsule gets below a certain percent, kuva is siphoned slower and you will not get the full amount... or if destroyed, you will no longer receive kuva from that capsule.   This also gives birth to a possible scaling method (for kuva survivals atleast) where at each milestone (wave 10, wave 20, wave 40, wave 60, etc) the kuva capsule will hold more kuva (but also harder to protect).  

There also could be random mini-bosses that could potentially steal kuva from you too.  Although any mini-boss that does should drop what they stole if they are defeated but if you were to die holding said kuva you'd lose that kuva.  (interesting twist, possibly)

Locking Stats: Ok so I've seen this topic before elsewhere, but I do like this idea a lot, so I'll mention it here as well.  I think we should be able to spend extra kuva per roll to lock stats in place when rolling rivens.  Of Course locked rivens would not be tradable, one could get there desired riven without terrible struggle (battling RNG). 

Anyways, that is about it.  Im not sure how to go into any more detail than that unfortunately, but maybe I could have sparked an imagination.  What do you think?

the positive feedback

• this should be a whole different game mode called something like (Kuva Reservoir), because this changes the whole idea of a survival mission.

the negative feedback

• think about it, if DE wanted people farming more kuva faster, we wouldnt have the disruption mission give such bad rewards that dont even work with boosters.
  • DE dont scale rewards, so forget about that (regardless of the requests for it)
  • unless they actually make the rewards faster than survival, it will not be played that much (if at all)

expansion on the idea

• its a capsule like in fortuna bounty crates that you sit next to for a certain time, but while it drains your energy, you get kuva as your payment
  • 4 spawn on the map and they provide endless kuva at a set rate and based on your energy.
  • or 1 spawns and everyone sits next to it and it drains/rewards faster.
  • but this can be a bit of a problem, as it does require a bit of coordination (which lets face it, its not exactly easy in a pub game) so it caters more towards arranged groups.

another idea (expanding a bit on disruption) is

• once you have defended the console, it drops a kuva bundle that you have to take to some kind of deposit console, once the bundles from ALL the consoles have been deposited, you are rewarded with 50% more kuva than you would normally get
    if a console is destroyed, you dont get the kuva bundle reward
  • every rotation the reward payout is increased by 5% with upto 3x the payout, making the current 350 go upto 1050+50%=1575 per rotation (it is upto DE to decide on booster application)

• Like 1

On ‎2019‎-‎09‎-‎09 at 9:15 AM, 5p33dy_01 said:

the positive feedback

• this should be a whole different game mode called something like (Kuva Reservoir), because this changes the whole idea of a survival mission.

the negative feedback

• think about it, if DE wanted people farming more kuva faster, we wouldnt have the disruption mission give such bad rewards that dont even work with boosters.
  • DE dont scale rewards, so forget about that (regardless of the requests for it)
  • unless they actually make the rewards faster than survival, it will not be played that much (if at all)

expansion on the idea

• its a capsule like in fortuna bounty crates that you sit next to for a certain time, but while it drains your energy, you get kuva as your payment
  • 4 spawn on the map and they provide endless kuva at a set rate and based on your energy.
  • or 1 spawns and everyone sits next to it and it drains/rewards faster.
  • but this can be a bit of a problem, as it does require a bit of coordination (which lets face it, its not exactly easy in a pub game) so it caters more towards arranged groups.

another idea (expanding a bit on disruption) is

• once you have defended the console, it drops a kuva bundle that you have to take to some kind of deposit console, once the bundles from ALL the consoles have been deposited, you are rewarded with 50% more kuva than you would normally get
    if a console is destroyed, you dont get the kuva bundle reward
  • every rotation the reward payout is increased by 5% with upto 3x the payout, making the current 350 go upto 1050+50%=1575 per rotation (it is upto DE to decide on booster application)

I do like your expansion ideas.  Sadly, I also feel you're spot on with the D.E and scaling... as much as this would make the game 50x better IMO.