Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha - [Undocumented?] Change to Blazing Chakram's Teleport

ic3fang

I don't normally post on forums - but this isn't a bug, and it's an issue I feel needs to be heard.

Nezha's Blazing Chakram teleport is fairly useless now, after what seems like a highly unnecessary and undocumented change.

(please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on the undocumented part, I play much more than I read and could very well have missed something)

As a Nezha main, I must say that Nezha is a very exciting frame for me. He's incredibly mobile, has crowd control, survivability for both himself and the party, and is just incredibly satisfying to play. As I played Nezha more and more, I learned a few tricks and stylish moves that made it even more fun - most notably making good use out of the Blazing Chakram's teleport. I could do things like teleport and then ground slam to quickly reach an objective or bleeding-out-teammate! This kind of teleport ability - while potentially expensive to use frequently - increased my speed, survivability, and I would say to some extent, my ability to be in multiple places at once.

That is, until recently. Around the time of the Gauss content being released (I'm not sure of the exact date here), the teleport stopped working reliably - or even close to reliably. I didn't recall seeing ANYTHING in the patch notes. It just would. Not. Teleport. Plenty of energy and nothing out of the ordinary going on. It seemed to me at the time that I could only reliably teleport when using the chakram at a slow speed (which kinda nerfs the purpose, as a charged chakram will get you MUCH further).

But this was not actually the case. After some experimentation, I *finally* noticed an error message down near the abilities that reads: "Target Obstructed."

Obstructed by what? I can't teleport within like...a kilometer of any solid object? Exaggeration, but still. It is very, VERY unforgiving. This type of error should be in a very rare case such as the chakram being out of bounds, not just close to any old door or wall. Those are everywhere.

It seems - based on the error message - that this was changed intentionally - possibly because some people in RARE cases may have been abusing the ability to get out of bounds or something like that.

But really, to break the ability for everyone in response? It seems like this change wasn't tested at ALL. I may not be an expert, but I know there's a better way to code this. I'd much rather get stuck or out of bounds once in a blue moon than not be able to play my favorite frame the way he was intended to be played.

This kind of 'quick fix' is really depressing, as it makes me much less excited to play Nezha (I often don't now) - and to some extent, the game overall.

Anyway, thanks for your time - hoping this gets fixed properly or reverted soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ic3fang said:

but this isn't a bug, and it's an issue I feel needs to be heard.

2 hours ago, ic3fang said:

Nezha's Blazing Chakram teleport is fairly useless now, after what seems like a highly unnecessary and undocumented change.

Usually when something seems really weird and was not mentioned it is a bug. Where did you get that this was deliberate? You are not considering that this could have been an accident. 

Does the change seem logical? Based on your explanation it really doesn't. Perhaps put a bug report on this, ideally with a video showing the problem. Just explain how to replicate it and show a video, then DE can look into it.

• Like 1

I am unable to reproduce this on my end. If you are still encountering this bug, please provide additional details, such as reproduction steps, what was happening before the issue started, possibly your build and settings. What kind of squad you were in (solo, host, client) In addition, videos and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-09-16 at 2:10 PM, [DE]Tweep said:

I am unable to reproduce this on my end. If you are still encountering this bug, please provide additional details, such as reproduction steps, what was happening before the issue started, possibly your build and settings. What kind of squad you were in (solo, host, client) In addition, videos and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated. 

Actions taken (none of which affected results)

-Updated and Rebooted PC
-Verified and Optimized download cache via Warframe Launcher
-Updated graphics card drivers/software

-Attempted with 3 different Mod Loadouts, including: chakram augment, no chakram augment, and NO MODS whatsoever. Zero difference in results.

Mods/Loadout: https://imgur.com/a/OsYQSIa
- Video footage and screenshots are from solo mode with a zero mod loadout.

- I can reproduce this 100% consistently. I simply play Nezha, charge a chakram, try to teleport to it at the other end of the room (usually near the opposite wall), and fail.

- Here's some footage (please pardon low quality) - the majority of teleport failures can be noted with the error in the bottom right:

Recap:
- The issue (charged chakram teleport fail) did not exist before a patch, but started happening after a patch (95% sure it was when Gauss was released. It has taken a while for me to figure out why this was happening).

- Non-charged chakram -

~90% (reliably works) teleport success rate regardless of bounces, distance, line of sight, etc. I have to try REALLY hard to purposefully 'mess it up' by bouncing it in a small, object-crowded room while losing LoS (line of sight), etc.

- Charged chakram -

~90% (reliably works) teleport success when chakram - but ONLY when not close to any solid object other than ground/floor. It even seems to work when LoS is purposefully lost.
                                - ~10% (reliably fails) teleport success, with 'Target Obstructed' error when chakram is close to any wall, ceiling (usually), or solid object. This is the part that I most noticed an unexpected change.

- Most WF tilesets are indoors-only or partially indoors, which makes the issue much more noticeable and makes the chakram teleport fail more consistently.

- Blackscreens when teleporting out of bounds, which is fully expected.

- Same results regardless of tileset and solo/host/client

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brief In-Game Settings Notes (Full view available at end of video):

Use abilities on selection - enabled
Invert tap/hold abilities - disabled
Show ability banner on cast - enabled
HUD Scale - 110
---------
Borderless Fullscreen 1920x1080
Field of View - 75
Screen shake - disabled
Graphics - Custom - everything enabled/maxed except for film grain and dynamic resolution
---------
Analyze Network yields "All systems nominal. UPnP detected."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General PC Build notes:

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X 8-core 3.6GHz
32 GB Ram
Radeon R9 Fury X
M.2 SSD
Win 10 Pro Build 18362.356

Thanks so much for being willing to look into this. Any thoughts or ideas you may have about this would be greatly appreciated!

I am more than happy to get my friends to try it, take additional screenshots/videos, or provide more information as needed.

Edited by ic3fang

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, this happens with me fairly often. I can't emphasise how frustrating it is to hit the teleport then be like "why haven't I moved?" oh target obstructed... (as mentioned, by what?) 

It's seems to be by some invisible force (ie there is a line between you and the shackram and something is breaking the ability to teleport) I hope this is unintended and fixed soon (it's not a new problem for me, this happened months and months ago)