Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss Mach Rush Augment.

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

I know, I know, he just came out, at least to consoles, so obviously augment mods aren’t coming to him any time soon. But one thing I would like if I could do more with Mach Rush. Trying to use his other abilities in sync with his first is pretty hard to do. But none the less I enjoy running around.

The only idea/s I have for Mach Rush is the ability to wield dual melees that deal damage to all enemies that Gauss runs into at Mach speed. It would be like he is hit them one time each with the melees and if you learn to stop and go you can perform quick slashes. 

An alternative would be like creating miniature explosive on each enemy hit. 

Another would be the longer Gauss rushes before hitting a wall, the wider the radius and more damaging the explosive becomes. Maybe that could be added to his Mach Rush whenever  Redline is active? 🤷🏻‍♂️

But being able to equip some sort of dual melee to perform quick attacks when Mach Rushing enemies would be an awesome addition to me. I would gladly trade a mod slot for this addition. 

But that’s just my opinion. 

• Like 1

yeah some sort of attack would be cool but i don't think it should be limited to one type of weapon. 

another augment for it could be something involving wall running and mobility like how the frames automatically deal with rails and what not just making gauss parkour in his own style while using rush. it could make him run straight up walls and wall run while mach rushing really increasing higher levels of movement play but possibly supplying a lower cost to mach rush at the same time.

2 hours ago, X_Bo said:

yeah some sort of attack would be cool but i don't think it should be limited to one type of weapon. 

another augment for it could be something involving wall running and mobility like how the frames automatically deal with rails and what not just making gauss parkour in his own style while using rush. it could make him run straight up walls and wall run while mach rushing really increasing higher levels of movement play but possibly supplying a lower cost to mach rush at the same time.

I’m not talking about just some attack. Don’t know about you so I can’t judge but I know that there are 2 types of running. There’s running with a bit of speed in your step and then there’s running with power.

Soccer and a wide receiver in football would be a decent example of the former. Both require running but with short rapid foot steps. Which can allow you to stop almost instantly and take sharp turns. 

While football itself would be a pure example of the latter. When you typically try to tackle someone you run with a lot more power in your steps. One is to clearly catch up to the man with the ball. The second is to tackle with guy being unable to resist. 

I have ran both ways. Trying to dodge people in both football and even basketball I learned how to run. Really quick and be able to dodge/stop. On guy called me the Road Runner one time. While I’ve also ran with a lot of power in my steps, giving it all I got. Mainly cause I’m football I’ve had to deal with guys much larger than me and they would play very rough. So I ran with everything I had trying to put all my power into my legs and a little into my upper body so that I can run anybody over. 

The point I’m making is that when you run with a lot of momentum, your ability to make turns are greatly reduced. While running with more rapid and even shorter steps can allow you to turn more sharply but you may not win a race against a bull. There’s running a long track and then there’s an obstacle course.

Volt speed is meant to increase movement period and allow for faster parkour. While Mach Rush is design to build up momentum and knock everything out your way. So the 2 abilities are not the same at all.

So the reason I said dual melees, is cause while running at your upmost speed/momentum, it is hard to swing. Which is most guys just raise their arms up and close line others. So with dual melees, Gauss could just raise his arms and hit all enemies with a single motionless swing from BOTH sides of himself. While a single blade can only hit one side. So basically a 50% chance of hitting enemies. 

All that running up walls and such defeats the purpose that is a power running ability. IT IS NOT VOLT SPEED. So you literally can NOT run up walls. The momentum would not allow it and Gauss is not the Flash. Or Sonic The Hedgehog. 

Now maybe if Mach Rush was perform while in the air and you’re near a wall, I could see Gauss being able to RUSH across the walls. I’ve done that many times in real life. Running across the walls was my only way to turn due to all the momentum. So maybe if Gauss ran into a wall in a certain angle I could see that allowing him to run up and across the walls. 

But as of right now, most people are wanting Gauss to be a superior volt. When I’m more focused on him being a DIFFERENT kind of SPEED BASED frame while volt is electricity. 

Running at such a high momentum makes it very difficult to jump too. Which is why there is ZERO complaints from me. I’ve only played with him for 30 minutes and I’ve already mastered how to run with him and destroy a lot of enemies. Took out a thumper in the Plains super quick. No pun intended. 

Plus running into walls makes him a more little fun to use. I’ll always use Volt when dealing with a lot of obstacles. But Gauss is the man for the Plains. 👍🏻

i didn't talk about turning or anything was just talking about an augment to give him some mobility options while using the rush with an augment.

never compared volt and gauss, that would be like comparing gauss and wisp or volt and wisp... all they share in slight comparison is a speed boost too teammates... except gauss's boost is for himself and on top of that their boosts are better overall since his give him attack speed but he is penalized for melee attacking before 100% charge during redline.

again was just an augment idea.

Edited by X_Bo

32 minutes ago, X_Bo said:

i didn't talk about turning or anything was just talking about an augment to give him some mobility options while using the rush with an augment.

never compared volt and gauss, that would be like comparing gauss and wisp or volt and wisp... all they share in slight comparison is a speed boost too teammates... except gauss's boost is for himself and on top of that their boosts are better overall since his give him attack speed but he is penalized for melee attacking before 100% charge during redline.

again was just an augment idea.

Again I was breaking down the whole science of Mach Rush to explain why jumping, turning, swinging, anything other than head on collision would be difficult to do. Which is how I understand why this ability is the way it is. I never accused you of comparing Gauss to any frame. I was pointing out the differences to further explain Mach Rush for people to understand why I don’t fully agree about giving Gauss some parkour mobility during his Mach Rush. 

But other players have suggested that Mach Rush be basically turned into rip-off of Volt Speed.  So I was making sure that I cleared that up before ANYBODY tries to compare the 2.

I can already travel quickly across small maps which is why I don’t care about some extra mobility. But I like to be able to use Mach rush for more than just traveling which is why I gave 3 suggestions for an augment mod that would make Mach Rush more useful. Without making it too much like volt speed.

This is just my opinion from my perspective. I wasn’t arguing or judging you. I was further explaining my original post and why I chose those 3 augments over any other. 

On 2019-09-18 at 10:26 PM, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

I’m not talking about just some attack. Don’t know about you so I can’t judge but I know that there are 2 types of running. There’s running with a bit of speed in your step and then there’s running with power.

Soccer and a wide receiver in football would be a decent example of the former. Both require running but with short rapid foot steps. Which can allow you to stop almost instantly and take sharp turns. 

While football itself would be a pure example of the latter. When you typically try to tackle someone you run with a lot more power in your steps. One is to clearly catch up to the man with the ball. The second is to tackle with guy being unable to resist. 

I have ran both ways. Trying to dodge people in both football and even basketball I learned how to run. Really quick and be able to dodge/stop. On guy called me the Road Runner one time. While I’ve also ran with a lot of power in my steps, giving it all I got. Mainly cause I’m football I’ve had to deal with guys much larger than me and they would play very rough. So I ran with everything I had trying to put all my power into my legs and a little into my upper body so that I can run anybody over. 

The point I’m making is that when you run with a lot of momentum, your ability to make turns are greatly reduced. While running with more rapid and even shorter steps can allow you to turn more sharply but you may not win a race against a bull. There’s running a long track and then there’s an obstacle course.

Volt speed is meant to increase movement period and allow for faster parkour. While Mach Rush is design to build up momentum and knock everything out your way. So the 2 abilities are not the same at all.

So the reason I said dual melees, is cause while running at your upmost speed/momentum, it is hard to swing. Which is most guys just raise their arms up and close line others. So with dual melees, Gauss could just raise his arms and hit all enemies with a single motionless swing from BOTH sides of himself. While a single blade can only hit one side. So basically a 50% chance of hitting enemies. 

All that running up walls and such defeats the purpose that is a power running ability. IT IS NOT VOLT SPEED. So you literally can NOT run up walls. The momentum would not allow it and Gauss is not the Flash. Or Sonic The Hedgehog. 

Now maybe if Mach Rush was perform while in the air and you’re near a wall, I could see Gauss being able to RUSH across the walls. I’ve done that many times in real life. Running across the walls was my only way to turn due to all the momentum. So maybe if Gauss ran into a wall in a certain angle I could see that allowing him to run up and across the walls. 

But as of right now, most people are wanting Gauss to be a superior volt. When I’m more focused on him being a DIFFERENT kind of SPEED BASED frame while volt is electricity. 

Running at such a high momentum makes it very difficult to jump too. Which is why there is ZERO complaints from me. I’ve only played with him for 30 minutes and I’ve already mastered how to run with him and destroy a lot of enemies. Took out a thumper in the Plains super quick. No pun intended. 

Plus running into walls makes him a more little fun to use. I’ll always use Volt when dealing with a lot of obstacles. But Gauss is the man for the Plains. 👍🏻

Sounds like more thought went into that than both frames combined....lol

5 hours ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

Sounds like more thought went into that than both frames combined....lol

I’ve dealt with trolls for the past 2 years so it is little I’m having to explain to little children how this game works and science of reality that is sometimes applied to it. 

So I tend to speak in a lot of details to make sure everybody understands what I’m talking about and why. 

I made a speed based concept like 2 years, the first attempt at a concept since Nidus(an infested concept I thought about) came out. It made me more tempted to post possibly more ideas for DE to think about cause I was getting kind of bored of the game. 

But my speed based concept wasn’t about buffing speed like volt or Valkyr. It was more like speed attacks if anything. High speed performance. I threw a few other ideas into as some form of alternative which later on new frames that were released shared. One being martial arts type exalted which baruuk now has. 

But trolls continued to compare the concept to volt and even rhino. But now Gauss is released and I can say to them trolls out there is “IN YOUR FACE!!!”

But point is I’m excited about Gauss and I want to be able to use him more often for almost every mission. Which is why my OP was about 3 possible augments that would make this first ability more useful than getting to the objective as quickly as possible. And since most maps are kind of small, figured building up kinetic energy to create a more powerful explosion when colliding to an object would be something all Gauss users would want. Why being able to equip dual melees to add melee damage to the Rush based on the melees equipped. Imagine running through a horde of infested with a high slashing melee. Probably channel them too if you have them out. Maybe even build up a combo multiplier as well? 

Either way, yeah I tend to put in a lot of thought into the concepts or suggestions I make to insure that there is no flaws or narrow minded comparisons. 

2 hours ago, (NSW)ToadBlue said:

How about an augment where every enemy hit by Mach Rush is hit with a Heat proc due to the power of extreme friction? You know that cartoon gag where someone will move so fast the ground they pass over catches fire? It would be like that.

Maybe if he used redline. Then it would be like him over heating. Since redline buffs the other abilities I could see a redline augment that pushes the percentage to like 110-120% and adds some additional effects to the other abilities like what you suggested. 

Otherwise it would be compared to Nezha and probably fire Chroma.