Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary should give Simaris Standing

Bioness

Because scanning creatures can interrupt the flow of gameplay, I think it would be a good idea to add Simaris Standing as a scaling reward to Sanctuary Onslaught and the Elite version.

What do I mean by scaling reward? Basically each zone that is completed gives a flat amount of standing based on the zone completed and the score at the end of it.

Sanctuary Onslaught could scale like such:

Zone 1: 100 standing, 2: 200, 3: 300, 4: 400, etc.

The score you get at the end would add a multiplier of standing to the base value for the zone. S Rank: x1.5, A: x1.4, B: x1.3, etc.

For Elite Sanctuary Onslaught the base zone value could be 2 times of the regular version and the multiplier unchanged.

Zone 1: 200, 2: 400, etc.

This would motivate people to go to zones beyond 8 as well as enable an alternate path to gaining Simaris standing for those that don't wish to spend an entire mission scanning enemies. Scanning enemies in high level missions will still be faster than what I am suggesting, so this will not fully replace that function.

Also fix the Scanners being unequipped when using melee attacks, you should be able to do both to allow smooth gameplay.

Edited by Bioness
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Bioness said:

Because scanning creatures can interrupt the flow of gameplay

Its a matter of choice; if you like to finish the game or focus scanning the creature (vice versa) as both goals are actively achievable w/o interrupting one another... It also make sense to put a minimal amount of Simaris Standing rewards on performing SO/ESO though... but this would kill Simaris Scans in due time...

1 hour ago, FerockQuartz said:

Its a matter of choice; if you like to finish the game or focus scanning the creature (vice versa) as both goals are actively achievable w/o interrupting one another... It also make sense to put a minimal amount of Simaris Standing rewards on performing SO/ESO though... but this would kill Simaris Scans in due time...

The values I suggested are still slower than if one were to go into a high level exterminate mission and scan everything. The issue I find is that even if I can max out the daily cap within 15-20 minutes by scanning in an exterminate mission, doing it in that way is mind numbingly tedious.

Edited by Bioness
  • Like 1