Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Nightmare Sorties or Elite Sorties

Father_McPheely

I enjoy sorties and being limited to one daily is kind of a bummer. I also feel like sorties don't provide that much of a challenge once you reach a certain point. So I had this idea.

Nightmare Sorties add a nightmare stipulation in addition to the traditional sorties giving a slightly heaver degree of difficulty.

For instance: Exterminate - Melee Only/Death Detonation

Elite Sorties would be like standard sorties but a boosted level ranging from 100 at base to 150 which would require players to put forth much more of an effort to complete. The rewards pools for these mode ideas would also be different and offer increased chances on rare items such as rivens and legendary cores or something along those lines.

I still say we need a second sortie mode with better rewards at a higher degree of difficulty. Whether it adds additional stipulations or not, we need something more challenging for the more veteran players.

Now I will say that we did have fun today with the Ambulas Assassination with Bows Only. That was actually difficult but fairly well mitigated by dropping 7 types of Specters to distract enemies including Good Ol' Clem! XD

Edited by Father_McPheely

Just now, Drachnyn said:

Just bumping up numbers will not make for good difficulty. Modifiers are nice and could make things a lot more interesting but the current nightmare modifiers are not really suited for it. IMO we'd need more elaborate modifiers and missions for that.

That is true. They do need to come up with more complex modifiers but moving the level scaling to the 100s at the start makes things a bit more of a challenge for some. Perhaps ability restrictions or damage reduction debuffs or something. Hell...raids would be nice too!