The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please let us log into both Warframe and The Warframe App

Drasiel

I'm going to straight up drop a destiny comparison here so brace yourself. Destiny has a lot of apps for managing stash and items and other ingame systems which is really nice because it means you don't have to go back to the Tower to manage equipment. Warframe however restricts you to one login shared between ts app and game. If you are playing warframe you can't access the app, if you are logged into the app you have to log out to play warframe. Letting us login to both would be really helpful especially for queuing up foundry items.

On 2019-10-06 at 11:51 AM, Injected_Pie said:

seems like a lot of work for them to support that

21 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Increased security risk, double the confirmation emails.

I feel like it is worth the effort, however I acknowledge that the warframe app as it stands is very vestigial to the core game. Player made apps supply many of the options that are missing from the official warframe app while also being incapable of supplying some features exclusive to the app. As warframe gets larger, more spread out and harder to keep of track of the app could and in my opinion should become a pocket method of maintaining our accounts.

The one thing I can unequivocally say is that Hands down Destiny has the superior third party apps for managing gear, tracking events, and looking up lore. If you don't know, you can allow destiny apps access to your bungie account which lets you: Look up lore you've uncovered, look at your collections, your triumphs, move equipment between storage and characters, check vendor items, see if transient vendors are around, get notifications on special events and more. 

DE clearly don't feel comfortable allowing that kind of access to third party apps, which is fine but it means that if we want those kinds of options for warframe it has to come from the official app. The first step on that road is making it more useful and wider used, to that end if we could be logged into both we could continue to access our foundry and extractors without having to return to our ship.