Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This The Grand Referral System Vision De?

Kinderghast

uL6no81.png

The rules state that each new friend must play 10 unique missions for you to to be considered referred.

I can see the effort in which you went through to make those 15 accounts, but in order to get your mod you have to play 10 unique missions on each of those accounts.

So you saying its ok if we do what he doing then?  Cause I really don't like the idea of not being able to have a specific mod.

uL6no81.png

The rules state that each new friend must play 10 unique missions for you to to be considered referred.

I can see the effort in which you went through to make those 15 accounts, but in order to get your mod you have to play 10 unique missions on each of those accounts.

Yep that is not a worry.

I plan to do them over a few nights, as I said I have multiple PCs here so I will just load up WF on another PC and rush the missions with my main.

And since my main has all missions unlocked I will will just cherry pick 10 unique capture missions to run and drag the second account in to the game with me.

Capture missions being chosen because they are the fastest to run on my Loki.

I mean I have been solo farming Despina defense trying to get a damn MasterThief for a few weeks now. No luck

At least this is a guaranteed reward and not a 2% drop chance.

As I mentioned, all my gamer friends who would be interested are already playing - or tried it and didn't like it.

And i refuse to spam social media hoping someone uses my link.

When i first started playing i told all my friends and family and co-workers and random gaming contacts. 

So there is literally no one left who for me to refer cause anyone who might be interested is already playing. Hell the clan I am in is composed completely of people I used to play Planetside 2 with, and PoE and originally from DDO

Now if there was some recognition that me and one other guy in our clan got like 20+ people playing this game months ago that would be sweet.

But no, no recognition at all.

I do see what you mean, but why not speed the process along and everyone help each other out. Make a couple dummy accounts and everyone take turns doing the runs in groups of four.  That way, you get three friends in each run. The time you save doing it that way would lead you to return the favor, perhaps to those who helped you.

I find it funny how no one is looking at the Mod "Undying Will"... I know Firestorm is a really useful mod for some of the weapons... but still, all 3 of those mods are somewhat game changing. Better Utility Sentinel by having it blow up when destroyed, increased explosions for certain weapons, and a mod that increases the amount of time you last before actually dying in Downed status.

Okay, self destruct would be interesting, if we could get our sentinels back afterwards. Undying will isn't anything I would waste a mod spot on. It makes no sense, I don;t get downed often, and when I do, I'm either with the group, or so far ahead another second or two means nothing. Both of these mods rely on the player failing. Unless...

They're PVP mods. Yes, DE is making mods, specifically for PVP use. Provoked, and Undying Will work very nicely together, in theory. But, only in PVP.

I do see what you mean, but why not speed the process along and everyone help each other out. Make a couple dummy accounts and everyone take turns doing the runs in groups of four.  That way, you get three friends in each run. The time you save doing it that way would lead you to return the favor, perhaps to those who helped you.

Yep a few clan mates will probably do the same thing - if so we will help each other in just the way you describe.

They have been waiting to see if DE were going to comment on this and threaten Bans, or else if the wonderful Datamining guys over on Reddit would release datat that confirmed the mod drops somewhere.

So far, it is not in any drop tables or mission rewards that we have seen.

And they all share my absolute disdain for the current Transmutation system

snip

Well.. Congratulations!? Most games i've played allow you to game (no pun intended) their referal program. Some games (like EVE Online) even encourage you to do it.

Afterall, it's more accounts registered. Who cares if they are been played by different people or just one guy trying to farm something, it's still an statistic that'll please bigwigs

Heck, most games even allow you to use third-party software to control all those accounts simultanioulsy with one set of keyboard and mouse. I honestly don't see an exploit here, nor do i see something that would break the referal program.

PS: If you could do a guide or something of the sort to show the most effective way to do it i would, quite honestly, be interested in it. I've refered friends, but i only have so many.. and i want all the rewards >D

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

is there any statement that these mods are "EXLUSIVE"?  i thought ive seen undying will somewere.

i hate this "exclusive" stuff .. specially with a stupid idea like "friend invites" when most of your friend who like the game.. play it of course since weeks...

this would have been ok when warframe were goin OPEN BETA.  but not now...

and also the amount is stupid.. 25? for all mods. rly?  including 10 missions been played? alright.. i wont do multiple emails and play 250 missions just to get some mods..

uL6no81.png

He basically is asking if he has crossed the line and from your reply it seem he hasn't.

uL6no81.png

so does this mean DE is ok with doing that?

cause i can do that in no time flat.

uL6no81.png

So he will play 150 missions.

Something I tried explaining earlier in a different conversation: Players will always find a way. There is no system a player cannot analyze, evaluate and bend to his will. If DE puts in unique rewards behind such a wall, then people will climb that wall. DE will not gain 15 friends from this. DE will gain dead accounts, and we will have come full circle to a statement Steve made on why slots are purchasable only: "Inventory is server space." - quite ironic. Each account is serverspace, eh? This referral system effectively will raise the player accounts in the database and unique account activity until this 150 missions point is met. Then the sockpuppets will become inactive and fade.

Incentive is one thing. Exclusivity is another. On paper the concept is surely exciting, but in reality, DE basically told veteran players that they'll need to go through the described process to obtain that mod.

The sad part is, most of us already got our friends in. Many of us saw them leave again, too.

Edited by Ced23Ric

Dear DE

I have setup my 15 new email addresses - Gmail lets you append a string to an existing address "AnEmail+001@gmail.com"

So really I am just using one address, 15 times. But hey.

I have created my 15 new Warframe accounts using those 15 new email address and the referral link from my main account.

This bit took a while of copy and paste and tabbing between fields.

Now, I just have to log in and start running missions.

I will do this from a second PC, just so my main can drag the new account around and speed run things - since the new account needs to run 10 unique missions, and a brand new account is really slow to solo even Mercury as you need to take it one enemy at a time.

Is this what you had in mind for the referral system DE?

Will i be banned for this? I hope not. I couldn't see any disclaimer saying this behaviour was not allowed. And even if it was I would still risk it.

Do you know why DE?

Do you want to guess why? I don't care about extra inventory slots or stuff like that. I can buy them as I need.  I care that you appear to have made a Unique Mod a reward for referring 15 friends.

This Mod doesn't appear to drop anywhere, I can't farm in game for it. 

I will have to farm the referral system.

Thanks DE, for making an old veteran player have to grind a different system to get a lousy mod.

I think the question on everyones mind here is Well what if we don't have THAT MANY FRIENDS?, and thus this is the result. I don't have that many either...kina depressing thinking that you'll never get certain mods, - then I see this post lol....

Something I tried explaining earlier in a different conversation: Players will always find a way. There is no system a player cannot analyze, evaluate and bend to his will. If DE puts in unique rewards behind such a wall, then people will climb that wall. DE will not gain 15 friends from this. DE will gain dead accounts, and we will have come full circle to a statement Steve made on why slots are purchasable only: "Inventory is server space." - quite ironic. Each account is serverspace, eh? This referral system effectively will raise the player accounts in the database and unique account activity until this 150 missions point is met. Then the sockpuppets will become inactive and fade.

Incentive is one thing. Exclusivity is another. On paper the concept is surely exciting, but in reality, DE basically told veteran players that they'll need to go through the described process to obtain that mod.

The sad part is, most of us already got our friends in. Many of us saw them leave again, too.

oh ced, the voice of reason... sadly falling on deaf ears.

on topic:

srysly... DE... you ok with doin this?

cause i kinda wanna do it and be done with it.

its an annoying process and i would like to be done with it sooner than later.

Edited by alchemistjkt

It is also Ironic that Inventory and Warframe slots I have no interest in.

I am a founder and bought all i needed a long time ago.

And if i need more, I have a job and have zero issues buying some Plat for slots/forma/potatoes/cosmetics/colour packs

all of mercury and a little of venus i assume lol

so about 30-40 min of work.

They should call it easy-peasy Missions then ^_^, 30~40min of work for each account, If we're doing this per day then Yeah it will take 15 days to get the mod

PS: If you could do a guide or something of the sort to show the most effective way to do it i would, quite honestly, be interested in it. I've refered friends, but i only have so many.. and i want all the rewards >D

http://evernotefolios.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/multiple-email-addresses-with-one-gmail-account/

That basically describes how Gmail works.with this sort of stuff.

Essentially Create one new Gmail account

Lets call it "WarframeReferralAccountMaster@gmail.com"

Now if you sign up to other things (say creating new Warframe Accounts) using that email address you can do the following:

WarframeReferralAccountMaster+Example001@gmail.com

WarframeReferralAccountMaster+Example002@gmail.com

WarframeReferralAccountMaster+Example003@gmail.com

WarframeReferralAccountMaster+Example015@gmail.com

For Warframe, I used the same details and passwords and everything, just changed the number at the end. This let me keep it simple and save all the login details to a text file for easy copy and paste action.

What GMail does is treat those "+Example001" that are appended as a label in your Inbox for the main account

But most online services treat them as completely seperate email accounts (As they are all valid, unique email addresses according to the RFC that defines this sort of thing.)

The original idea from Google being, you can use the one Gmail account to sign up for different sites and services, and easily filter the mail using labels 

And also if you start getting spam say from "WarframeReferralAccountMaster+Example007@gmail.com" then you know that whatever site you signed up to with that account is selling your details to spammers.

Very handy

And very handy for this sort of referral program stuff.

Or as someone else mentioned, in Eve  and other games that allow you to multibox. (You better believe i multiboxed sanctums in Tengus and then Nagas)

I don't see what the big deal is...sure the mod MIGHT make your weapons stronger but the game is so easy as it is right now that you can kill just about everything in under 3 seconds. Is it really that big of a deal that DE put a few mods behind a friend wall?

some people (myself included) like to have all the things.

we are collectors.

if we have the ability to get something, we will.