Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, When Soma Gets Mastery Rank...

PeripheralVisionary

Yes. They should be. I reached Mastery Rank 7, two times and am currently at Mastery Rank 9 and I've been through a lot. People who managed to get their weapon before the Mastery restriction got increased should still be able to use it. It feels similar to the exclusiveness of other weapons but having the exclusive 'right' of using it before having reached the rank.

Example

Snipetron: People managed to get it before it got removed completely. --> Still able to use it.

Thus, Mastery Rank restriction increased: People who managed to build it before it got increased should still be able to use it.

Edited by R3leaZ

Another example is before Gorgon was XP locked, people had it and anyone who had it before it was locked but were lower rank were still allowed to use it afterwards. It doesn't check after the fact. If it's in your arsenal and usable, it's done.

DE gave people Wraith and it had no rank requirement. I just view this this time between it getting it's lock as an event people can get a weapon early. Soma is not like an acrid or despair that are good without mods; People at least need some decent mods to make soma functional.

I do not think the weapon should be blocked from people that have it. It not like soma makes the game any easier than a newbie that somehow got a despair drop.

Edited by LazyKnight

I'm not sure it needs a mastery rank. It urinates all over my highly formad  Supra, which is mildly annoying but it thats more a reflection of how bland the Supra is than how good the Soma may be.

Also, I've put a couple of forma in my Soma and suspect I'm not the only one who has, don't feel that penalising the people that have done this is called for (I'm rank 12 so please don't think I'm just saying this for my own benefit).

I think not...but then again I'm rank eleven so I really can't have any say in this...

If they do end up making it so that they can't use it they should just be "locked" until they get to x mastery rank

The game doesnt work like that, you only need the mastery rank only to CLAIM the weapon so people who already has the soma dont need to worry and also that will be a $&*^move from De if they remove/block the soma for those people.

Yes. They should be. I reached Mastery Rank 7, two times and am currently at Mastery Rank 9 and I've been through a lot. People who managed to get their weapon before the Mastery restriction got increased should still be able to use it. It feels similar to the exclusiveness of other weapons but having the exclusive 'right' of using it before having reached the rank.

Example

Snipetron: People managed to get it before it got removed completely. --> Still able to use it.

Thus, Mastery Rank restriction increased: People who managed to build it before it got increased should still be able to use it.

Exactly, this concept is known as "grandfathering" and it is accepted almost everywhere.