Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waking Up From My Past As An N7 Operative

Konrek

I avidly played Mass Effect 3 Co-op since its release, pushing back Reaper, Cerberus, Geth, and Collector forces. However after a year of playing that, the game got a little stale and the community started to dwindle.

Upon discovering WF, I found a bunch of familiar qualities like powers, weapon modifications, an emphasis on teamwork and completing objectives, and as someone who played a fair amount of the N7 Slayer, space ninjas.

Hopefully I can join the fold and get into the groove of things and perfect my skills. I'll be looking to join a clan because I really enjoy being able to coordinate with players on a regular basis and perhaps use external voice chat.

After two days of playing, I have a few questions:

1. I've been getting a bunch of duplicate mods. Should to fuse them all together or is it worthwhile keeping some low levels around to use in different builds? Also as someone with only a level 13 Excalibur Prime and 5 Mag, are there any places or ways I can get more mods? I seem to get fewer when I queue up with people with massively higher conclave.

2. What's the best way to level up my weapons for mastery points? My current plan is just to switch weapons as I go (got a Cronus and Braton) and then once I max frame level I'll grind some lower levels (like 20-25) for XP.

3. I'm having trouble with melees. Is the sliding attack AoE? Sometimes when I use it I seem to overshoot an enemy by glancing off of him when I use the sliding melee and I'm not sure if I hit him. Melee seems a little bit harder for me to level up in general.

4. What's the best use of plat besides weapon and frame slots? I got founders so I'm sitting on 900 plat right now.

See you all out there,

K

1 - one of each mod at every rank is useful

2 - just play the game, although def/mobdef/surv tends to have the most enemies

3 - melee is often the most difficult to perform and rank up, fear not, most slide atks have small aoe

4 - slots/potatoes/colors/cosmetics (sentinel accessories, scarves, other bullS#&$, etc)

Look at the warframe wiki for tons of useful information

1) Depends on the mod. Generally I just fuse duplicates until I have a max and then sell the extras. Rares I keep in order to transmute when I have credits. I use fusion cores to level the ones I keep.

2)Leveling up weapons is best in a team on Kappa in Sedna. Basically you let them kill everything and you leech exp off their kills. The exp gets split between frame/primary/secondary/melee but there are enough enemies so that it will still level. (If you really need to level up fast and have multiple unranked weapons I'd invest in an affinity booster. Works wonders) Also if you get Raptr program you can get some free stuff. 

3)Melees depend on which one you're using. They have different ranges and some are single target only. 

4)Catalysts, reactors, slots, color pallets if you care about that. 

Same as you. :P

I've been trying to quit for over a year. Then I got invited to play by people from the BSN forums. :D

1. Both are OK to do. By the time you've put in enough hours it won't even matter anymore for the more common mods. But right now I'd be saving one low-level duplicate mod for when I want to be using it on a low-level weapon/frame. This was the mistake I made when I was just starting out. Had nothing to put on my first alternate frame.

1-2 I got a crap-ton of mods from Kappa (mobile defense) and it was how I levelled up my weapons too. As long as you have a teammate that has a room-clearing power, 25% of the experience goes to your primary, 25% to your frame, 25% to secondary, 25% to melee. If you were the one to clear the room with say, radial javelin, all the experience would go to your warframe alone.

3. According to the wiki it can hit multiple targets.

4. Got me there haha. Still sitting at 500 plat. Orokin reactors would be good.

Also should I be stockpiling my cores for rarer cards or just use them on good all rounder mods like vitality?

don't bother. don't blow all of your Credits, but expect to quickly end up with Fusion Cores coming out of your ears. they seem to be somewhere in the 40% area of the total mods you'll get from a mission.

this is a lot of them. 

also, having spare copies of mods around is probably a good idea so items you're levelling can get bonuses to make them effective enough to not feel horrible to level. since most random gear you're levelling for Mastery, isn't something you'll want to use all the time, so you won't be supercharging it or polarizing it, thusly, it can't hold your top level mods. having extras around can't hurt. 

one big difference you'll see between coming from ME3MP to Warframe, Warframe isn't motion-locked. what that means, is that you can wallrun, do backflips, barrel rolls, fly through the air, jump huge gaps, and all around move like a badass, just about any time you want. 

as enjoyable as i found/find ME3MP to be, it certainly is VERY motion-locked. 

as for levelling, Grineer average far better XP than the other two factions, and Mobile Defenses have lots of enemies that come to your objective to get slaughtered. Grineer Defenses are also an option, though the enemies can get to dangerous levels, and Grineer Defense tiles are either super difficult to defend, or the enemies seem to get 'stuck' a lot, and take forever to navigate. 

Infested is the next faction on the list for XP, the light units are in large numbers, and the heavy units are worth a fair amount and are very common. 

Corpus, is horrible for XP. Shockwave and Fusion MOA's are the only units worth decent XP, and they're generally very rare. the other units, are al worth useless amounts of XP.

luckily, experience from ME3MP gives you some background for Warframe, since the two certainly have some similarities ;)

oh, Platinum will mostly be spent on Slots, Orokin Reactors/Catalysts, Forma, Color palates, and Alternate helmets if any are to your fancy, and you simply can't wait for an Alert to contain the helmet you want.

note, however - that Alerts may contain Potatoes (a common nickname of Reactors and Catalysts), Forma, Alternate Helmets, and Vauban parts from time to time. not very often, but it can happen. in addition, when Digital Extremes does Streams, they usually make special 24hr alerts for potatoes and Forma to show their appreciation of us watching. 

in addition, Forma may be obtained from the Orokin Void, in pretty fair chances. 

and i know right now you're thinking Color Palates are a waste of money, but just like everyone else, trust me, there will come a time when you'll just really want some of those (if not all) colors to make your equipment look just how you want it. ;)

there are also more Cosmetic items for your Warframe and Sentinels in the Market if you feel they are to your liking. the Scarves (or one special one) may be part of a weekend event some time in the future. 

(i highly suggest you do not use Platinum to purchase crafting materials, Void keys, mods, or fusion cores. these items are not particularly difficult to get, and are only available there for the massively lazy).

Welcome aboard!  I played ME3 MP for 1032 hours and grew to hate that game so much I'll never play anything like that ever again.  The graphics, sound, and style are great.  The mechanics I despise.  I hope Warframe stays away from ME3.  In fact, I wish Warframe had a First Person Camera to choose from, with 120 degree FOV.

1. I've been getting a bunch of duplicate mods. Should to fuse them all together or is it worthwhile keeping some low levels around to use in different builds? Also as someone with only a level 13 Excalibur Prime and 5 Mag, are there any places or ways I can get more mods? I seem to get fewer when I queue up with people with massively higher conclave.

2. What's the best way to level up my weapons for mastery points? My current plan is just to switch weapons as I go (got a Cronus and Braton) and then once I max frame level I'll grind some lower levels (like 20-25) for XP.

3. I'm having trouble with melees. Is the sliding attack AoE? Sometimes when I use it I seem to overshoot an enemy by glancing off of him when I use the sliding melee and I'm not sure if I hit him. Melee seems a little bit harder for me to level up in general.

4. What's the best use of plat besides weapon and frame slots? I got founders so I'm sitting on 900 plat right now.

See you all out there,

K

1. Always keep at least one duplicate. It pays off.

2. Cyath on Eris. Guarunteed 1-2 levels per round.

3. Try using the Orthos. The slide attack hits enemies to your side and sometimes behind you.

4. Slots and slots. Potatoes and potatoes. Nothing else.

To be honest, I would worry less about farming/rushing/grinding to get exp and just enjoy the game gradually levelling there, or you're going to just find it stale again very fast. You'll reach the point of rushing/farming/grinding eventually once you've played enough but I, personally, think you're trying to get to that part far too quickly and I think it's a bad idea. 

Edited by Naith

idk, I keep about 3 of each mod unless it's a weapon for the pet..// or useless // then I keep 2 maxed out.. // or in the case of useless 1 un-level'ed and 1 maxed..

best use is .. stuff you can't get any other way .. like skin colors and other items that never ever ever drop in alerts.. then again.. I would say orkin catalyst for the weapons that kick but and reactors for all your frames... and that's about it.. unless you don't want to wait.. then anything you want now and don't want to wait for...

◄§ª§╜ it's like running at 33% playing free.. it's fun but if you pay it's way way more fun..  ;)