Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Four Ideas for Relic Recycling

Mikhael222

This has probably been brought up before, but I think we need a way to recycle old/unwanted relics.

No......It doesn't have to be the most efficient process ever.  I understand DE needs to keep the game balanced.  I'm just saying....having hundreds of relics laying around doing absolutely nothing is kind of a waste of space.  I've gotten so many relics that even if I were to start opening them today and never stop playing fissures 24 hours a day, it could take weeks.  So here are some ideas:

1. Relic Transmutation.  Combine five (or some other number of) relics of the same era to randomly generate a different relic of that era.

2. Relic to Traces.  If we could maybe get two void traces per unwanted relic, that would be phenomenal.

3. Relic Selling.  Why can't we just sell for credits?

4. Automatic Relic Opening.  This could be interesting.  Combine ten relics of the same kind (e.g. All ten are Lith B5) to automatically open one of the common or uncommon (not rare) rewards of that relic.  I say "ten" because any less would be a little over-powered, and I'm not sure if DE would benefit from us automatically acquiring hundreds of free prime parts.

5. All of the above?  It would be great to be able to choose any one of these four options.

Edited by Mikhael222

I'm not sure any recycling method is welcome. The current system encourage using "unwanted relics" to farm void traces or get ducats, and doing so in public group help people getting vaulted stuff or anything they could want.
I think the system works well on this side and any way of recycling or selling relic would go against that.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

I'm not sure any recycling method is welcome. The current system encourage using "unwanted relics" to farm void traces or get ducats, and doing so in public group help people getting vaulted stuff or anything they could want.
I think the system works well on this side and any way of recycling or selling relic would go against that.

If such a recycling system was in place, no one would be forced to use it.  I definitely wouldn't use it all the time.  I like opening relics, and I plan to continue doing so.

But when you have hundreds of the same relic that would take weeks/months of play time to open, it seems like those could be put to better use than just sitting around collecting dust.

Edited by Mikhael222

There is currently an option to trade or sell relics to other players for mostly a small amount of platinum.

I am unsure if I would want any of relic recycling. Matchmaking on void fissure would take longer and might not work from other players just throw away relics with no void fissure missions.

Edited by sam686
spell fix