Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed fix for leeches in PoE/Fortuna

TheLyricAinu

We all know them, we all hate them. The randoms in your squads that, even if it's an easy bounty, just go around and mine instead of actually contributing. In my opinion if they're gonna do that just buy stuff. When you're leeching you're basically paying with time to not play the game, something you can't get back

So anyways I'm going to try and keep this brief unlike my other rants. When you're out in PoE, a person has to stay near the objective or else it's "abandoned", right? Maybe once a player enters that abandonment timer after leaving the OBJ radius, instead of the mission failing, they get booted out of the squad. Rewards and stuff are kept, but it's annoying to complete a T5 bounty alone. At least for me. As for squads? That just doesn't apply, maybe. If you're in a squad with someone else and they're "leeching" it could very well be intentional, and a game can't just ask if it is or not. So to streamline things, this rule just wouldn't apply for squads. Squads and randoms on the other hand...? Eh, hell if I know.

I'm not a coder, so I have no clue if this is reasonably possible, but it's still good to put out there.

As someone who has both had to wait on someone else who is mining or fishing or what have you to vote on a bounty and being that person who would rather hang out, I agree that there should be something done to differentiate the players who are participating in a bounty or not. That said, with the myriad of host migration issues that are already prevalent with the PoE and the Orb, I really dont think kicking players for not participating would be a good solution. If anything, it would just incentivize others to stay solo when going to farm. Maybe if a player has declined to do a bounty, or is on the other side of the map, they merely dont recieve any of the prompts or get any of the benefits. I like the idea that you can go to the open world maps and not have to do much of anything, rather than get shanghai'd into a mission or  reap benefits for something you didnt help in. Its been a while since I ran into a casual goofing around squad.

Can't you already kick the entire team if you're the host on the Plains or Orb Vallis? If you're not the host, just leave squad while there and you'll have a migration where you're the host. Click leave squad again and you can eject the entire team.

Honestly, I wish that was a thing in every mission and not just in open-world areas. Someone leeching in sorties? Leave squad to make your own instance, or boot the entire team.

The bounty being easy is the reason they mine instead of doing the objective.

You play a game for having fun, and if you need to farm specific things to have fun later (kitguns only in Fortuna for example) but not having fun by farming it, you will tend to optimize this farm to not waste your time.
Fishing or mining on low level bounties is actually the less harmful way of optimizing your farm. You can you farm your gems/fishes while your team is not having trouble because the mission is not hard.

If it's low-level and my team's already got things settled, I'll make sure to throw my lot in, but if there's a mining hotspot near me?  I'll cut some ores and gems free, because, hey.  You guys got this covered and I'll be back shortly.  I won't waste my time entirely farming while my team's running a Bounty, ofc, that's pure evil.  But if we got this?  I'll help myself a bit more.

They simply shouldn't get the bounty if they aren't in the area (with some leeway and not mandatory for the short parts like freeing a hostage, everywhere else you have time to catchup even on foot), simple as that. Just like you aren't getting their fish.