Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave

BLI7Z

Yes, again another topic about Nightwave.

Find 3 caches in sabotage (again and again); if the rewards there were significant, it would be enjoyable to do them.

Getting rare minerals/gems from Orb Vallis/Plains of Eidolon: I have lots of those, and nowhere to use them.

Fortuna/Cetus bounties; repetitive and unrewarding because of having done it countless times already, maxed them, and no need for more of those rewards or reputation.

3 rounds in Index without them scoring... stressing, frustrating and also unrewarding because I need no more credits. 

I can't remember which more of them seem pointless and a loss of time, a loss of good time in which I can be doing some survivals, exterminate, arbitrations, or just messing around with fashionframe and strange builds. 

Help me get this list more extent if you wish.

The feedback part: Make Nightwave something more flexible regarding playstyle, allowing us to do whatever we want instead of doing stuff that feels like a job. Give us a hard grind for reputation instead of chores. I would gladly grind in any map I want, during hours, for some good rewards. Connect it to the new modes, like Disruption, or mix Nightwave with Arbitrations and Fissures. Make it something more organic and intertwined, not something that, like I already said, feels like a list of chores from my grandma. 

Edited by BLI7Z

1 hour ago, BLI7Z said:

Find 3 caches in sabotage (again and again); if the rewards there were significant, it would be enjoyable to do them.

Wow, you have to do three whole missions over the course of four months. Such challenge. 

1 hour ago, BLI7Z said:

Getting rare minerals/gems from Orb Vallis/Plains of Eidolon: I have lots of those, and nowhere to use them.

This takes literally less than 10 minutes. Also, the main reward are the Nightwave points. 

1 hour ago, BLI7Z said:

Fortuna/Cetus bounties; repetitive and unrewarding because of having done it countless times already, maxed them, and no need for more of those rewards or reputation.

These are only unrewarding to people who already have everything, which is probably about 15% of the playerbase. Also, it's just five short, easy missions. If you can't stand doing a handful of extra missions, why are you even playing this game?

1 hour ago, BLI7Z said:

3 rounds in Index without them scoring... stressing, frustrating and also unrewarding because I need no more credits. 

Something that actually requires a little bit of effort and organization is really too much for you? Also, it's not unrewarding at all - you're doing it for the Nightwave points. In addition to that, not everyone has unlimited credits like you and me.

If you don't like Warframe, you don't have to play it. Be glad that the challenges are so easy and quick to finish, as opposed to being tedious nonsense. On the other hand, I wish DE brought back the "last 60 minutes in a Survival mission without using Life Support." I'm not sure why DE chose to take all the challenge out of the challenges, but at least they're all so easy that it's basically free rewards from Nightwave.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Wow, you have to do three whole missions over the course of four months. Such challenge. 

This takes literally less than 10 minutes. Also, the main reward are the Nightwave points. 

These are only unrewarding to people who already have everything, which is probably about 15% of the playerbase. Also, it's just five short, easy missions. If you can't stand doing a handful of extra missions, why are you even playing this game?

Something that actually requires a little bit of effort and organization is really too much for you? Also, it's not unrewarding at all - you're doing it for the Nightwave points. In addition to that, not everyone has unlimited credits like you and me.

If you don't like Warframe, you don't have to play it. Be glad that the challenges are so easy and quick to finish, as opposed to being tedious nonsense. On the other hand, I wish DE brought back the "last 60 minutes in a Survival mission without using Life Support." I'm not sure why DE chose to take all the challenge out of the challenges, but at least they're all so easy that it's basically free rewards from Nightwave.

That's exactly the point. If you sum up all those 10 minutes doing that stuff, it ends up being many hours of replaying the same things.

Don't get me wrong, I love Warframe, and I love playing it, and that's why I don't like doing grandma Nora's chores. 

It's not about challenge or reward at this point, it's about what we have to do to get that stuff. For newer players, doing Nightwave is fulfilling because they have lots of stuff to do and what is required in Nightwave goes parallel to those things. But for long time players, it is just revisiting things that should've been stepping stones towards our greater power. 

For me, it has the same feeling as some MMORPGs that I avoid. Why should I spend a lot of my time just being a mailman or slaughtering boars? When I can be doing some actual epic stuff...

The grind is about doing the same things over and over, I know that from deep within it; but I really despise getting Umbra Formas and cool cosmetics from behind this dull list of things to do. 

At least, they should put Umbra Formas in something like Arbitrations, and Nightwave season cosmetics behind some quests; so everyone that prefer not doing Nightwave, can entirely avoid it. 

8 hours ago, BLI7Z said:

Yes, again another topic about Nightwave.

I can't remember which more of them seem pointless and a loss of time, a loss of good time in which I can be doing some survivals, exterminate, arbitrations, or just messing around with fashionframe and strange builds. 

Help me get this list more extent if you wish.

The feedback part: Make Nightwave something more flexible regarding playstyle, allowing us to do whatever we want instead of doing stuff that feels like a job. Give us a hard grind for reputation instead of chores. I would gladly grind in any map I want, during hours, for some good rewards. Connect it to the new modes, like Disruption, or mix Nightwave with Arbitrations and Fissures. Make it something more organic and intertwined, not something that, like I already said, feels like a list of chores from my grandma. 

2b196e4f91eaa88c0f23b7eaa30fea1d.jpg

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

2b196e4f91eaa88c0f23b7eaa30fea1d.jpg

But it is not beyond my reach, Nightwave is a walk in the park, sometimes enjoyable, sometimes not. You are missing the whole point. People think that complains are because of a lack of commitment to the game, or because of having to git gud, or whatever. But actually, people who love this game, and respect it, will always point out what kind of things they wish would like to be somehow different. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BLI7Z said:

But it is not beyond my reach, Nightwave is a walk in the park, sometimes enjoyable, sometimes not. You are missing the whole point. People think that complains are because of a lack of commitment to the game, or because of having to git gud, or whatever. But actually, people who love this game, and respect it, will always point out what kind of things they wish would like to be somehow different. 

Ahh, I already know that it's not outside of your reach, Mr Fox, but it is certainly not being handed to you in the way you want it to be. So.... Obviously it's not rewarding enough.

I mean, just look at the first post, how many times do you point out that it's unrewarding? That you could be doing something else with your time? Surely if the world were a fair place they would let a veteran like you decide what you need to do to earn all the best rewards, wouldn't they? Instead of making you jump in one spot and wear yourself out over grapes that aren't worth gaping for. 

Obviously the grapes are sour anyway. 

And off he walked, very, very scornfully.