Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want A Melee Sentinel!

Triskelon

Sentinels are pretty cool looking out for their masters with their pew pew guns n abilities, but I want a Melee sentinel!

It'd just be cool to have a little sentinel on the ground instead of hovering above your head, and have unique attack animations.

Could have them as a counterpart to current sentinels? 

-Melee versions-

Shade: Weapon would be a Long Sword, and When near an unaware enemy will perform a stealth kill

Dethcube: Weapon would be dual wield with high attack speed

Wyrm: Knock back/stun with a heavy blunt melee weapon or performs jump attack to knock back/ stun enemies

Carrier: Bladed heavy weapon, and can run really fast to gather loot, and bring back to master (instead of sucking it up)

Dijin: would use something like the mire.

I know, I know "Too many melee weapons!!!"

but tbh it would be cool to see ground melee sentinels

P.S. and yes I slacked on giving detailed abilities, but everything should be self explanatory.  Same abilities just different animations to fit a grounded sentinel?    

It doesn't need to be on the ground. Make it a blade of pure energy that is emitted by the sentinel.

I think it'd be interesting to see them on the ground instead of just hovering there?  I'm more or less interested in seeing what animations that could come out of this?

No...

Sentinels die extremely easily.

Throwing it out into death would be horrible.

Maybe yours does, but mine doesn't.  iv been playing Nekros, and solo play on Outter terminus, and my sentinel never dies.

Sentinels are meant to be a supplement, not a full-bodied replacement for another Tenno.  This is meant to be coop PvE game with minor dueling-based PvP elements.  Play with others.

I would honestly prefer a 'Phantasy Star Online 2' or 'Akaneiro: Demon Hunters' style system where it would save your status to a 'clone' of yours.  This clone would be updated only once a day (at daily login bonus reset, for example).

Others could make a request for buddies and your clone could be called upon by clanmates or those who have you in friends list.

This way if your friends are offline, you could still have their clones helping you out.

In PSO2, you can actually set your clone to be a different 'class' say for support abilities while you are in the same party using attack abilities.  It ends up being hilarious seeing your clone running around in the same party.  The person who has their clone used gets a % of xp that the clone would obtain.

They could limit it to just frame XP, all types of XP, or just limit mastery gains.

Basically, if an indie game by a small developer can already do this type of thing, I don't see why it would be difficult for WarFrame to have a similar system.

16709405.jpg

DrHax.jpgThe Hacks!

Edited by DarkFireRogue