Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea for Revenant/Rework (Warning, Textwall)

(PSN)shadowsurfer6

Revenant,

He needs love eventually, like many frames, though not in a hurry. 

Here's the Idea

1) Vomvolyst- Summon small sentients that hover near Rev, granting him Damage reduction up to 90% depending on the amount of them. (Similar to Nova 1) Augment: activate again to consume remaining sentients summoned, restoring lost head for rev and his team.

2) Heavy Step- Mash your foot on the ground, causing enemies to be pushed back and knocked down. Deals minor impact dmg.

3) Shift- Teleport up to X meters away become immune to damage during tele. Augment: Remove all damage procs and add absorbed damage to next attack.

4) The Disco thing- Form an energy ball over Revs head and cause him to rapidly spin, reflecting bullets and damaging enemies nearby. 

The four is kinda dumb and we can keep the current, but it's something.

• Like 1

I dislike Revenant , my head cannon for his creation is

I think it is the wrost frame desing both from a core gameplay loop perpective and theme&skills perspective. But your rework is not a rework at all. It is a new frame using the old assets. 

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, keikogi said:

your rework is not a rework at all. It is a new frame using the old assets. 

Fair point. But the general idea is to use moves based on the eidolon asthetic/Sentinel abilities which I've seen. Okay it isn't quite a rework, and it may be a little lazy on my part. But, I do want to see revenant become better.

He lacks alot of synergy, his one just reinforces the concept that using enemies on enemies doesn't do anything. His Mesmer skin is.......fine I guess? But reave and danse macabre are also in need of changes, imho.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)shadowsurfer6 said:

his one just reinforces the concept that using enemies on enemies doesn't do anything.

You are giving his design to much credit, he doesn't even use enemies, the entire thrall thing is just a fancy debuff that you have to apply before Reave can actually do something.

I would have preferred if revenant was the ghost laser eidolon warframe than the current amalgamation of themes. Don’t get me wrong, probably would like your “lazy” kit more than what I his current kit.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Probably would like your “lazy” kit more than what I his current kit.

I love the concept of presenting what could be referred to as the shinier turd. Though thanks for this, also for the correction.

The sad thing is he has synergy, don't misunderstand, by they don't really help him or anyone else. The phantom laser would be great, having innat (Non-stacking) damage reduction would also be great. Though he just needs to be brought back to the drawing board and made again, there are many reasons he is only used with max 3 builds. Also GHS made the only build that I use currently. I dust him off, play a couple rounds, get bored and play as mirage or Garuda.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)shadowsurfer6 said:

I love the concept of presenting what could be referred to as the shinier turd. Though thanks for this, also for the correction.

The sad thing is he has synergy, don't misunderstand, by they don't really help him or anyone else. The phantom laser would be great, having innat (Non-stacking) damage reduction would also be great. Though he just needs to be brought back to the drawing board and made again, there are many reasons he is only used with max 3 builds. Also GHS made the only build that I use currently. I dust him off, play a couple rounds, get bored and play as mirage or Garuda.

I feel like Revenant is a bit of a lost cause. Why ?

You can't rework a frame and change his core. Because if you do so, it is not really a rework it is just the deletion of a character coupled with the release of a new one. 

The Problem with revenant , for some#*!%ed up reason someone though his theme was vampire. So his core abilities thrall and reave are vampire related ( hypinoeses and turning into mist ). Due to his core gameplay being related to the mind control ability his kit is unsalvageble. 

Like sentients don't really use mind control ( they can hack the S#&$ out of cephalons and machines but they can't really do that on organic stuff ). The 2 known instances of sentients controling organic stuff was manipulations not mind control.

Natha just showed her huge sentient tits to ballas and he could not control his duck. 

Stalker wasn't really controled by hunhow because he in the end he was like do I really want to do this ? And he didn't do it. It was more of hunhow just manipulanting stalker self hatred.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, keikogi said:

I feel like Revenant is a bit of a lost cause. Why ?

You can't rework a frame and change his core. Because if you do so, it is not really a rework it is just the deletion of a character coupled with the release of a new one. 

The Problem with revenant , for some#*!%ed up reason someone though his theme was vampire. So his core abilities thrall and reave are vampire related ( hypinoeses and turning into mist ). Due to his core gameplay being related to the mind control ability his kit is unsalvageble. 

Like sentients don't really use mind control ( they can hack the S#&$ out of cephalons and machines but they can't really do that on organic stuff ). The 2 known instances of sentients controling organic stuff was manipulations not mind control.

Natha just showed her huge sentient tits to ballas and he could not control his duck. 

Stalker wasn't really controled by hunhow because he in the end he was like do I really want to do this ? And he didn't do it. It was more of hunhow just manipulanting stalker self hatred.

The sad thing is, revenant is all over the place with his kit. His 4 is his best ability and that sucks because it's something of a norm with alot of frames (Example Volt, frost, saryn, etc)

He needs a total rework from what I can see, I've run him time and time again. All I ever run is Mesmer skin, then just shoot things to death or slash away