Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Make Melee Weapons Better Without Breaking Them?

Aspari

Something tells me that damage calculation 2.0 won't address the deficiencies of longswords, more importantly their normal attacks and their huge lack of utility to make up for bad damage.

Within fair reason how should normal attacks be changed so that they're no where near being useless compared to charge attacks across the board?

I've thought of a few things that could help.

A. Buff all long sword damage to Dakra Prime's base stats then give Dakra Prime a bit of a stat boost.

B. Buff attack speed on all normal attack oriented weapons.

C. (I think this one is a big duh) Buff critical chance and critical damage mods.

D. Change the formula for melee weapon damage. All melee weapons now use Pressure Point to boost their damage. Charge attacks scale off of the total base damage, having a modifier in place to increase damage while also having attack speed on normal attacks a ton slower than longswords and hand-to-hand.

E. Buff critical chance on all melee weapons that have a base 5% critical chance.

Actually, why is there even a target limit? If you're gonna jump in into the face of 10 mobs, you might as well hit them all with your attacks.

I suppose because the Tenno can only hit so many targets before the momentum gained by the sword strike is reduced to the point where the attack isn't damaging anymore. But as far as most longswords only having a target cap of one, I agree that it's pretty stupid.

I thought of a complex fix a while ago but that was before they announced weapons were tiered. Long story short when guns kill as fast as they do entering melee range is too much effort, and when it gets to the point where the fact that melee weapons don't require ammo starts to matter enemies do way too much damage to melee effectively.

Something tells me that damage calculation 2.0 won't address the deficiencies of longswords, more importantly their normal attacks and their huge lack of utility to make up for bad damage.

Within fair reason how should normal attacks be changed so that they're no where near being useless compared to charge attacks across the board?

I've thought of a few things that could help.

A. Buff all long sword damage to Dakra Prime's base stats then give Dakra Prime a bit of a stat boost.

B. Buff attack speed on all normal attack oriented weapons.

C. (I think this one is a big duh) Buff critical chance and critical damage mods.

D. Change the formula for melee weapon damage. All melee weapons now use Pressure Point to boost their damage. Charge attacks scale off of the total base damage, having a modifier in place to increase damage while also having attack speed on normal attacks a ton slower than longswords and hand-to-hand.

E. Buff critical chance on all melee weapons that have a base 5% critical chance.

Upvoted.

A. Agreed.

B. Agreed, though some weapons should get a little bit of a boost so that normal attack are an option too. I'd hate to see the Fragor become a charge only weapon.

C. Agreed.

D. Not just agreed. This is a great idea! Though what about abnormal weapons such as Furax with low base damage and huge charge?

E. Agreed. Though the true "crit" weapons should get a small boost I think.

Also would the fusion mod that increases charge damage become a mod that increases melee damage?

I suppose because the Tenno can only hit so many targets before the momentum gained by the sword strike is reduced to the point where the attack isn't damaging anymore. But as far as most longswords only having a target cap of one, I agree that it's pretty stupid.

I don't think making a 'realism' point in a game where people run on walls, have super powers and kill hundreds of thousand of enemies within just a few weeks is going to justify that.

Melee weapons are just BAD for late game. They need a serious looking at.

I don't think making a 'realism' point in a game where people run on walls, have super powers and kill hundreds of thousand of enemies within just a few weeks is going to justify that.

Melee weapons are just BAD for late game. They need a serious looking at.

Well... it's not the Tenno's fault their enemies are coming off the assembly line $&*&*#(%& from constant cloning.