Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vasca kavat genetic imprints?

SnoopTrog

Question

Is it possible to have the same kavat infected twice and get a vasca genetic imprint twice? I've seen some people have been experiencing bugs and others have tried but thought an infection carries over instead of curing (following the imprint). Just wondering if anyone has experience with this as to whether it can get infected and work twice or whether a second kavat needs to be bred to get infected? 

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, SnoopTrog said:

Is it possible to have the same kavat infected twice and get a vasca genetic imprint twice? I've seen some people have been experiencing bugs and others have tried but thought an infection carries over instead of curing (following the imprint). Just wondering if anyone has experience with this as to whether it can get infected and work twice or whether a second kavat needs to be bred to get infected? 

The wiki says you need 2 kavats

On a related note, if I've already used up the 2 genetic imprints that my existing kavats had, does this mean I need to make 2 new Kavats so that I have imprints that can be made when each one is bitten?

Or even if you had used up the 2 imprints, do you have an option to create a 3rd imprint once your kavat has been bitten by the feral Vasca?

1 hour ago, SnoopTrog said:

Is it possible to have the same kavat infected twice and get a vasca genetic imprint twice?

Yes, assuming you have 2+ imprints left to get from said kavat. That's how I got mine.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

It seems to have been updated since you last checked.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)vinster said:

On a related note, if I've already used up the 2 genetic imprints that my existing kavats had, does this mean I need to make 2 new Kavats so that I have imprints that can be made when each one is bitten?

Or even if you had used up the 2 imprints, do you have an option to create a 3rd imprint once your kavat has been bitten by the feral Vasca?

All kavats, old and new, can be used to make up to 3 imprints each.

13 hours ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

wiki suggests to use 2 differnt kavats to speed up the process. if you stasis the first infected kavat an then stassis an take a differnt one out you can get the imprints easyier as your spending 1 night cycle getting kavats infected an just swap between the 2 to get the virus prints.

13 hours ago, SnoopTrog said:

people not really getting bugs more of them not paying attention to the lil pop up warning them that if they make the imprint that the kavat will no longer carry the vasca virus.
The imprints have a red light to them making it easy to tell that its a virus imprint.

DE added a 3rd imprint option as mostly for those who have kavats already but used the 2 imprintings dont have to go back out an get another kavat to just to make the new kavat.

51 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

wiki suggests to use 2 differnt kavats to speed up the process. if you stasis the first infected kavat an then stassis an take a differnt one out you can get the imprints easyier as your spending 1 night cycle getting kavats infected an just swap between the 2 to get the virus prints.

people not really getting bugs more of them not paying attention to the lil pop up warning them that if they make the imprint that the kavat will no longer carry the vasca virus.
The imprints have a red light to them making it easy to tell that its a virus imprint.

DE added a 3rd imprint option as mostly for those who have kavats already but used the 2 imprintings dont have to go back out an get another kavat to just to make the new kavat.

I see ,so it won't cure the kavat forever .

16 hours ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

I see ,so it won't cure the kavat forever .

It won't, and your kavat would still get infected even if you extracted the thrid imprint. Having said that, If you don't like the red glowing on your kavat, you could buy the virus cure from the pet trader in Cetus.