Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation plaguestar & acolytes returning soon?

THE_ZEEK

The point of these missions being once a year is to keep their high rewards and sought after wares at a somewhat still rare and sought after status. If Operation Plague Star was any more frequent, forma would be insanely cheap, considering that it's basically free forma from the event. Hell, I could get 300-400 forma in the span of 3 days while Plague Star was up. Even with the Plague Kripath and Plague Bokwin, some of the best weapons, it would take all of the rarity out of them. Acolytes, some of the best mods such as Argon Scope, Maiming Strike, so on and so forth, would kill their value. The point of them being rare and sparse about the year is to make them sought after, and to "help" with some of these mods being too common.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

The point of these missions being once a year is to keep their high rewards and sought after wares at a somewhat still rare and sought after status. If Operation Plague Star was any more frequent, forma would be insanely cheap, considering that it's basically free forma from the event. Hell, I could get 300-400 forma in the span of 3 days while Plague Star was up. Even with the Plague Kripath and Plague Bokwin, some of the best weapons, it would take all of the rarity out of them. Acolytes, some of the best mods such as Argon Scope, Maiming Strike, so on and so forth, would kill their value. The point of them being rare and sparse about the year is to make them sought after, and to "help" with some of these mods being too common.

I hear what you are saying, but as we can see with the recent changes the "special & valuable" mods/weapons will be slowly reduced to balance the other items in game. Plague weapons shouldn't be the most sought after as maiming strike is .. an item having an additional elemental power shouldn't be locked behind a timed wall.

if you truly want rare items, look for arcane helmets(old school buffing your stats cosmetics), items that are locked behind a more difficult grind ( arcane energize for example)  and even arcane energize is farm-able.. Having mods/items locked behind a timed wall and then make those rare are not the solution.

You must be a real ace boasting about getting 300-400 forma..or making plat of selling mods that you acquired during these missions. 

Making plat isn't everything... for many a player, they just want the gear dropping for them to be available on a regular basis.

• 4 weeks later...

it would help greatly if they were at least consistent about it. plaguestar's taken anywhere between 5-9 months between appearances. If they'd just set it on a timer I'd be a lot happier. the uncertainty of when these events will return is the worst part. and it seems like they put if off if there's something big in the works that would be solved by just programming in a timer that sets the event to go off at regular intervals instead of whenever they feel like putting it out again. with railjack and new war in the pipeline I don't expect we'll be seeing them soon.
which sucks hardcore with the recent introduction of 13 new weapons that need 5 forma each to get all the mastery out of, the recent addition of the dry dock practically forcing players to dump a ton of forma into their dojos to accommodate the thing, AND the recent mele changes forcing a lot of players to build up a new mele that works better with the new systems. DE's put out a ton of forma-sucking updates recently. we really need a plaguestar to drop soon. but I don't see it happening.

i could care less about the acolites personally. their mods are feelign kindof underwhelming recently. the only one I ever use consistently is blood rush, which you can farm from lua spy, and body count to compliment it when I can, which is a common mod and fairly cheap to trade for. maiming strike is borderline useless now and I rarely ever use any other ones unless I have some extra space in a build that they could benefit.

I don't think acolytes was this time of year but plague star has been twice in October pc  November console since i started playing, as well as a spring apperance twice. This  autum no plague star the reason is very obviously a financial one DE is a business after all. I would say if your short on forma leave the not so good weapons in your foundry untill plague star returns. Pay to rush if you want