Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need a reliable way to obtain nitain when nightwave isn't available

illegaltrashpanda

Title should be self explanatory but what I mean is, as much as buying nitain in bulk is nice, we can't do that often and on top of that sometimes we may want to spend our creeds on something else.

Nightwave replaced the old alert system because alerts made people feel like they had to be always there or they would miss out on something important as far as I know, ironically alerts were a MUCH better way of getting nitain in my opinion.

There are alternatives, the ghouls on the plains, that are also not available all the time, and the caches which, at best, have a 2% chance to give nitain.

My suggestion is to boost the chance to obtain nitain from the caches, the caches in general have pretty crappy loot tables if you consider the time spent looking for them, the numbers really don't motivate me to look for them, in the time I find them all I can obtain much bigger numbers of what I want specifically. Except for nitain, of course, which never drops.

The nightwave pause between season 2 and intermission 2 was 8 days.  Intermission 1 and season 2 was under two weeks.  Every nightwave week ( if fully completed) gives you at a minimum 50 credits, 45 if you are in the prestige portion.  It is 15 for 5.

If you think it is overpriced, or it is unfair to complete with the nightwave offerings that are excellent ( corrosive projection, eg), that is one thing, but to state it isn't constantly available is disingenuous at best.  

I wasn't around for alerts, and I found nitain a struggle to get enough to do some specific items ( vauban prime is of course the big offender, but the archwing costs a bit too, as does war).  However it really just meant I had to budget better, or wait a week.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ogundiety said:

The nightwave pause between season 2 and intermission 2 was 8 days.  Intermission 1 and season 2 was under two weeks.  Every nightwave week ( if fully completed) gives you at a minimum 50 credits, 45 if you are in the prestige portion.  It is 15 for 5.

If you think it is overpriced, or it is unfair to complete with the nightwave offerings that are excellent ( corrosive projection, eg), that is one thing, but to state it isn't constantly available is disingenuous at best.  

I wasn't around for alerts, and I found nitain a struggle to get enough to do some specific items ( vauban prime is of course the big offender, but the archwing costs a bit too, as does war).  However it really just meant I had to budget better, or wait a week.

You may have misread what I'm saying, I didn't say that nightwave is a bad way to obtain it, I'm just saying it's not something we can get all the time. As it is, I feel like I'm forced to spend all my creed on nitain because it's the best, most reliable way to obtain it and I feel like points on anything else are kind of wasted. Kuva has a source, I can get some, even though not a ton, all the time. I'm just saying having an alternative to get nitain reliably would be ok. It would be exactly like kuva, with nightwave we can buy a lot of it, when nightwave isn't an option we can farm smaller amounts.

5 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

They fix this, then the next new thread would be...
"Why does Nightwave carry Nitain when I can just get it from X??! DE has no idea what they're doing."

"Why does nightwave carry kuva when I can just get it from kuva missions??! DE has no idea what they're doing."

Nightwave would still be the best way to get a lot of nitain effortlessly, I'm just saying an alternative to get smaller amounts you farm for would be a good thing and it would give caches a better purpose.

Kuva has no top end to how much you need. Nitain does.

Say you took your first bundle of credits from nightwave one week, all 150 as is the usual..
that would give you 50, right?

That's all your Nitain expenses sorted right there, or at least for the most part.

Then the next batch of Creds... don't need any more..
Next batch.. don't need any more.. etc.
Possibly for good.
Might need one or two here or there, which you can get in missions currently on rare occasion, right?

That's what I mean.
You can blow through 50,000 Kuva in 3 minutes without batting and eye.
Nitain has a maximum amount you need, then you don't need it again.

Then next night wave comes, all your creds are freed up.
and the next, and the next, so on.
Can use those creds on whatever you like henceforth.

This is already possible.
If it's possible to get that many nitain anywhere else, then there's no purpose to nightwave carrying it,
as you only need so many in the game ever before you're done with them.

Edited by kapn655321