Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Despawn liches if their player refuses to engage.

ebrl

Not much more to say, really. Some players are terrified of interacting with their liches and end up preventing everyone else in the party from having a shot at theirs. Just make the lich retreat if it recovers from being downed and the respective player is hiding in a MOA cabinet four rooms away.

My ideia was: if the Lich gets downed 3 times and their player refuses to try to kill it, let anyone try to kill it. It would automaticlly fail even if the player has the right mod, and the player that tried and died, get some murmurs and the Lich goes away without ranking up.

This allow us to get hid of someone elses Lich if they decide they dont want to fight it, rewards us and doesnt penalize the owner of the Lich. Everyone is happy

15 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

The problem here is that people don't want to engage with their Lich. That is the issue that needs to be addressed, not the symptoms of it.

I cant understand why people dont want engage.

Worst that happens, he kills you, you use one of your 4-6 revives and get several murmurs.
You lose affinity? Sure, but you dont get much of that in a Lich mission anyway.
The Lich ranks up and the missions get harder? Sure, but it is nothing impossible since they have a rank cap of 5 and the missions get only to Sortie 3 levels difficulty, but without the modifier. You dont need to run "a meta setup" to do them, and considering you need to have done The War Within beforehand, you are not a player that just started playing yesterday, not to mention, you can play it in public and have others there helping you. 

So I see no reason not to try, even if you fail, specially now that the Lich is opt-in. If you started before it was opt-in, just play along, kill it and don't create another until you want to. No need to clog the spawn of other peoples Liches in a Lich mission.

What DE could do to is either make it that other players can despawn your Lich if you dont engage, or to make a way for you to go after Thralls without a chance of the Lich showing up (maybe Thralls show up in normal missions on the planet under the Lich's control, but the Lich only shows up in Lich missions)

2 minutes ago, Emulad0or said:

I cant understand why people dont want engage.

I was at that point a while ago but I have given up on understanding. Right now I just want these people to stop being a hindrance to everyone else, really, and like always in game design, you can't expect players to carry that kind of burden all by themselves, you have to implement a failsafe.

• Like 1

On 2019-11-07 at 8:24 AM, ebrl said:

I was at that point a while ago but I have given up on understanding. Right now I just want these people to stop being a hindrance to everyone else, really, and like always in game design, you can't expect players to carry that kind of burden all by themselves, you have to implement a failsafe.

its also cause people to prolong public matches to farm murmurs which is again another problem. when you make something have a nonsense grind, people will try to find any way possible to do it efficiently at the cost of others.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

Sure I have extra revives. I understand that the Lich is supposed to be my rival. I get that he's supposed to make me mad, but it has me feeling bitter knowing that something as simple as mod order is enough to prompt a cheap loss. Like god damn If we can just chase them off the way we do Stalker, Zanuka, G3, and the Wolf, I'll take it. I'm even okay with them escalating their level and disposition, but dying is cheap