The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the feeling of Orokin levels?

TwoWolves

ITT we discuss what is the feeling you get when exploring Orokin levels in the void.

For me, it has almost a church-like quality, but not quite. Maybe like an enormous mall...? I mean, there's clearly places to sit and enjoy the views. I haven't really read up on all the Orokin stuff, but those places seem unfinished, as though the builders never got done. This odd emptiness in the orokin levels is what draws me back and makes exploring them so much fun. Would be interesting to see DE make more orokin puzzles to unlock bits of history and whatnot.

maxresdefault.jpg

Their emptiness is kind of spooky to me. Like, anything could be behind those doors. Miles of dark corridors, concealing anything from ancient secrets to the personal effects of those long gone. If you've ever played Destiny 2, it's a similar feeling to Titan's Arcology, with its ruined Golden Age halls.

18 minutes ago, TwoWolves said:

ITT we discuss what is the feeling you get when exploring Orokin levels in the void.

For me, it has almost a church-like quality, but not quite. Maybe like an enormous mall...? I mean, there's clearly places to sit and enjoy the views. I haven't really read up on all the Orokin stuff, but those places seem unfinished, as though the builders never got done. This odd emptiness in the orokin levels is what draws me back and makes exploring them so much fun. Would be interesting to see DE make more orokin puzzles to unlock bits of history and whatnot.

... It feels that they're painted gold and white...

2 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... It feels that they're painted gold and white...

lgSDkvC.gif

lol Yeah, yeah, yeah...

2 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Their emptiness is kind of spooky to me. Like, anything could be behind those doors. Miles of dark corridors, concealing anything from ancient secrets to the personal effects of those long gone. If you've ever played Destiny 2, it's a similar feeling to Titan's Arcology, with its ruined Golden Age halls.

Exactly. I could spend hours wandering around in the Orokin levels after exterminations are done and just gawk at the architecture. Every time I hear that song, Wherever I Go by One Republic after seeing the video, I think of Orokin ruins and it makes me want to play the game. lmao Don't judge me. The part where the bridge in the song is, is where the doors open and you see the band standing in the room done in white and gold and black. Very Orokin-esque. Plus, the reverb sort of reminds me of the music you hear in the background in the game...

Love that eerie vibe, though. Warframe's boards are hands-down the best I've seen in detail (greeblies and such) and realism.