Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven trade tab?

TheyreFood

Can we please get a separate trade chat for rivens, it makes buying selling anything that isn't a riven into just watching a chunk of random wtb/wts x rivens fly by...

I know there is a filter, and that helps a little but since so many people copy paste in their sales pitch and a lot of times things overlap and you still have to see these massive chunks in chat. The worst of which is when you filter "WTB" and then get a guy saying "WTB x riven, WTS a, b ,c, d, e, f, and g rivens" just feels messy and I could see how it could seem heavy on newer players that are just trying to buy/sell some prime stuff but are met with the waves of copy pasta. 

On top of cleaning up the standard trade chat, it would allow a more focused chat for people just looking to buy/sell specific rivens, and only people it would mildly effect are those buying and selling rivens and other stuff in the same post, which are by far the minority as far as my experiences in trade chat.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but honestly feel like it would be nice to have rivens in their own place as far as trading.

• Like 1

Citation

What if there was a trade board at maroo's where trade notices could be posted. What if these notices lasted an hour, could be remote cancelled, cancelled on logout, and could be searched through to find people selling/buying specific things? 

or better : an AUCTION HOUSE, players ask for this since the beginning of trading in WarF.

8 hours ago, DistantVocoder said:

or better : an AUCTION HOUSE, players ask for this since the beginning of trading in WarF.

I mean I would LOVE to see an auction house, but not only would it tank the prices of things but it is also something DE has said in the past they don't want to do.

10 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Would rather not.  Don't need more tab clutter and it would hinder generalist sellers. 

I don't really think it's clutter since you can close any you don't want to be in and the tabs are tiny as is, on top of that like i said people selling both rivens and other stuff are the minority, normally people are selling one or the other.

I used to trade over half the time I was logged into warframe, now thanks to the mess that trade chat has turned into thanks to rivens I rarely trade anything, it has honestly killed the experience for me. I would find it hard to believe i'm alone in that.

1 hour ago, TheyreFood said:

I don't really think it's clutter since you can close any you don't want to be in and the tabs are tiny as is, on top of that like i said people selling both rivens and other stuff are the minority, normally people are selling one or the other.

I used to trade over half the time I was logged into warframe, now thanks to the mess that trade chat has turned into thanks to rivens I rarely trade anything, it has honestly killed the experience for me. I would find it hard to believe i'm alone in that.

Exactly, the fact that D.E. has yet to see it would be a big brain brain decision to make a separate chat tab we could turn off (same with market chat if they have not yet) that would be declared the riven mod trade channel, could hopefully alleviate the mess we call market chat to an extent.

Sadly even if D.E. sets in auto checks to redirect people who say riven, riv or links a riven mod in market chat, people will still likely spam that crap in the most trashy of text speak cause most are likely too dumb-fk to realize they suddenly have a dedicated chat channel for rivens and will still make a mess of market chat even if they get repeatedly poked that they have a riven market chat channel.

This is honestly why i wanted market chat to get gutted as the main-stay for marketing and make use of a board system of sorts, but of course white knights are gonna say it will ruin the value of everything if everyone can set it, forget it and get the payment in the mail. But its certainly not `worst` then the crap of people having to dig thru `illegal engrish speaks` where people cannot form coherent messages that specifically state in its FULL TEXT, on what item they wish to sell OR what item they wish to buy. While even with filters in place, they still have to dig thru other `illegal engrish speaks`, and tire themselves out before they even manage to get someone to see thar post or they find some one who wants to buy/sell the item you wish to sell/buy.

I have not done market chat in nearly a month or at the very least, 2-3 weeks, because i greatly reduced my spending needs for plat(pratically zero at this point honestly), to where i could likely buy the next 10 or so next deluxe bundles before i am out of plat, But i likely can not care to dig thru market chat again, until some proper checks are put in damn place for it to make it a tolerable existence to make even just 20 plat without having a migraine, after just spending a short while in it, even if its been over a month since i last touched it.

Here`s a few more STRONGER versions of ones i have suggested in the past:

1. Require all messages in market chat must have a `text element` tag before being posted aka basically like #PrimeJunk, but would be from a fixed list that can only be selected from and mandatory on any message you post in market chat, which is intended to declare what kind of item your selling. This would be used with a UPDATED filter feature where people can set it so only messages with those tags would be shown(or ignore certain tags). Granted i am sure plenty would just put random tags up with items they want to sell that are not even related to what they are trying to sell, such as using a prime parts tag when they are actually selling riven mods.
  2. Create a `special limited bazaar system` where people could put up specific items like Rivens, Prime sets, Full Rank 3 Arcanes or Sets of relics (aka stack of 6). The idea would be a more restrictive type of the bazaar system where people can only put particular goods up that can be browsed for `purchase`, while preventing things like people putting up RANDOM assortments of prime parts, relics, arcanes, etc. Plus a more nuclear option would be players could not use platinum in this bazaar system. If you put up items you have to list out several batter options you would go with to `trade` the goods. Whether it could be as simple as 6 random Axi relics for your 6 neo relics or one of 3-5 prime sets you would exchange your prime set for. Certainly having a Real Trading Market would be more useful when the game is mainly a online looter game, am i right???

Rather tiresome to keep repeating other suggestions i have done before, in other threads, but i believe the two above give a rather strong idea on how much thinking i have put down on how D.E. could fix marketing, especially in methods to make it a TRADE market instead of a `You gib me manyz plat-moneyz for my piece of poo`, sort of b.s. logic that market chat feels like these days on warframe.

Edited by Avienas