The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban, A Huge Disapointment?

RAZORLIGHT

so i am a nova kid now lol

you know what  just stfu

DE will decide if vauban needs a buff or not

topic closed (for me)

ps. what a S#&$ty community, i guess thats a F2P habit

Learn to type proper English first, then we can have this conversation.

Tip for Vauban: Ogris/Torid are highly effective in conjunction with both Bastille and Vortex, and theoretically with Tesla due to its stun.

you know what  just stfu

topic closed (for me)

You get people in every community that you will not get along with. Try to ignore the useless troll posts and find the good ones. Trust me it's worth it.

you know what  just stfu

topic closed (for me)

I've had rather enough of you.

Yes, there are some joke posts, but a large amount of people on this thread have posted a true answer.

And you haven't even acknowledged them.

You've just solely been replying to the people with the joke comments.

You are more of a moron than anyone else here.

ok, i tried a few things with vauban and he is alot better now imo. (thanks to the constructive posts in this thread!)

any suggestions which mods i should use?

Continuity is one of his most important mods as all of his skills rely on where you place them and how long they will last. It works well in conjunction with Focus (Bastille and Tesla, mainly) and Streamline (to use more abilities) to maximize ability effectiveness.

Stretch is powerful with Vauban as it increases the range of effectiveness with all of his abilities, and is paramount for Bastille and Vortex's crowd control.

Constitution is not necessary and can be replaced with Flow, but it is often left to the player's choice.

Redirection or Vitality, of course, are necessary when your crowd control fails you.

Maybe it's just me, but Vauban is one of the trickier frames to play well. I would say Vauban is frame for advanced players, like Loki. Loki is a blast if you use his skills properly, but it takes time and patience to master them. Vauban is the same way. Both require a specific mindset to be effective and the learning curve is pretty steep. Tactics and planning, as well as a good team that works together can make Vauban very powerful, even if it doesn't seem like it.

Frames like Rhino, Saryn, and Nova are simple and almost idiot proof, by comparison. Just press 4, everything dies.

i recently got vauban and i have to say... he is pretty UP

his only good power is bastille which was nerfed and his damage skills scale extremely bad

he should be alot better for the "hardest to get" warframe and i hope damage 2.0 will help most warframes to be viable again.

please tell me your opinion about vauban.

edit: few examples for well balanced frames:

Nova (great caster frame, her ult is probably a bit too strong)

Mag (got recently buffed)

Rhino (great skills overall good frame)

Nyx (controlling enemies, scales perfectly)

but thats it already

edit2: to all l2p kids, i dont ask for a huge roflpwn buff but for slight adjustments to his damage skills (like mag recently)!

Yes sir. Vauban got killed just before Update 10 so the Necros nonsense would sell better. But it turned out to be complete crap so now we have two useless frames with huge potencial but very weak execution.

Say thanks to DEs marketing department.

well it is a general problem between most frames

it could be solved with damage 2.0

So not really a problem with Vauban. Should probably just delete the thread. 

(nevermind that it's a control frame, not a damage frame)

l2--nah just kidding.

I use my Vauban pretty much exclusively for Infestation defense, and my build for him has:

--Energy Siphon

--Flow

--Streamline

--Stretch

--Continuity

--Constitution

--Vitality (because of poison clouds)

With a potato you'll have enough mod space to max all of that out and still have four mod points left over.  If you're not worried about survivability then you can replace Vitality with literally whatever you want because you'll have the mod space for it.  Without a potato, maximize your energy output first and then worry about power range and duration.

As someone has already said, the Torid was pretty much made for Vauban.  Bastille and Vortex are just awesome in combination with it.  That said, if you want a primary that will prove a little more versatile outside of that, then the Ignis isn't a bad choice and will let you hit most everything caught in your Bastille at the same time.

For a melee weapon, I would use either the Glaive for heavy units caught in the Bastille or a heavy melee like the Hate, Reaper Prime, or Fragor for crowd-controlling jump attacks should Bastille fail you somehow.  Since Vauban is a little slow and one of the more fragile frames, you should try to avoid melee confrontations outside of that.

As for Bounce, it's an ability that just takes some more creative use.  You have to experiment with it to see where to best use it for getting up walls and over obstacles.  The idea of using it with Heavy Impact that someone else mentioned is an interesting idea as well.  I'm personally not a big fan of using it for crowd control outside of for giggles, though.

Also, I don't get the big deal about Bastille getting nerfed.  Even doing defense I pretty much never see enemies break through, and if they do then just Bastille again.  If you're doing things right you and your teammates are killing them off before they can fill up the capacity anyhow, so don't worry about it--Vauban is still an incredibly valuable asset, just you have to remember he exists for crowd control.

Edited by AhziDahaka

i recently got vauban and i have to say... he is pretty UP

his only good power is bastille which was nerfed and his damage skills scale extremely bad

he should be alot better for the "hardest to get" warframe and i hope damage 2.0 will help most warframes to be viable again.

please tell me your opinion about vauban.

edit: few examples for well balanced frames:

Nova (great caster frame, her ult is probably a bit too strong)

Mag (got recently buffed)

Rhino (great skills overall good frame)

Nyx (controlling enemies, scales perfectly)

but thats it already

edit2: to all l2p kids, i dont ask for a huge roflpwn buff but for slight adjustments to his damage skills (like mag recently)!

L2P u F2P nub

You make it sound as if Vauban was meant to be a pure damage frame. He isn't, but what he IS meant for is the cc to allow teammates, as this is a TEAM game, to have a better time dishing out the damage.

He does this VERY well, in case you didn't notice.

i recently got vauban and i have to say...i can't use it

I somehow doesn't see how it is god against corpus and it's still amazing in defence,with trapping and bastille still being incredibly awesome so i will call it weak and say that bastille was nerfed,not balanced.

please don't tell me something different from my opinion

edit: few examples of my pov

Nova (Stupidly OP,and a damage frame so totally relevant)

Mag (Somehow decent at best)

Rhino (Insultingly strong and with amazing tanking ability,WITH a team buff and the second best ulti in the game, still not a cc besides ulti BUT totally relevant)

Nyx (Being immensely useful at any level i will call it balanced.)

edit2: I don't like obvious critics to my clearly debatable pov.

Fixed.

Edited by JusticeJack

fascinating how many small minded unhelpfull people are in this community

But they do have a point

While "L2P U F2P Scrub" is abit crude, but you are dismissing a perfectly good class, evening calling it UP. Teslas are poor, but damage 2.0 will most likely change that, bounce, is actually a decent CC but more or less useful for trolling. Bastille had to be change, it was an instant "I win" button that could've been sustained indefinitely without worry. Now it it's the same but a set cap of enemies that could be held. Want more enemies held? Kill those in your trap.

Vortex is an amazing CC, but pitiful damage hopefully that could get fix.

Now as to your OP

Nova, balanced? Fine i'll bite.

Mag's Ultimate is still lackluster, bullet attractor is only useful on bosses. Pull and polarize is the only good thing about her

Rhino is pretty good

MC and Chaos are the only thing that scales, that's because they have no set limit (like the old bastille) and will meet the swift nerf hammer. Using absorb will get you killed.

Honestly, these L2P answers have been the best ones.

L2P

Vauban is amazing, I'm not saying he couldn't use some fixes, but he's a great frame.

Tesla obviously isn't going to be anything worthwhile late-game, not many damage abilities are..

It's a good skill early on, and is ridiculous in low-mid level Corpus Defense.

Remember how spamable it is.

Bounce, why does everyone think it's useless?

Spam a bunch in defense and you get an amazing blockade that you don't even have to pay attention to, while your Bastille can be used elsewhere.

Not to mention the mobility that has saved me, (and other people ion my match), alot of annoyance trying to go up ledges or hard to reach locations.

Plus it's a fun skill to mess around with.

Bastille, and Vortex are obviously amazing crowd control abilities.

The L2P comments are annoying, but they're pretty much right.

Vauban is a solid frame that brings a lot of utility and mediocre damage. He offers CC and complete control over the geography when used correctly.

And that's when you're using him the way he's "supposed" to be used. He's actually quite a bit more powerful when you understand some of the more opaque game mechanics.

Ragdolling enemies does 3 very helpful things:

1) Nullifies enemy armor. That's right, enemy armor is 0 when they are ragdolled. This alone makes Ember worth using again -- drop a Vortex and the enemy takes 100% of the Fire damage the Ember throws out.

2) Allows the Ignis and Embolist to do a separate instance of damage for each part of an enemy's body that is hit. That's anywhere from 500% to 1200% damage, depending on how many body parts the enemy has and how much extra damage their weak points take.

3) Cause enemies to take collision damage (think of it like falling damage). I often see numbers upwards of 2,000. This is somewhat less useful that it used to be, because the easiest way to do it was put a Vortex in a high place with a Mag up there so she could Pull everything into it, but Pull is broken right now.

Unfortunately, ragdoll is currently bugged, so only the host can damage ragdolled enemies normally. Fortunately, clients can still use AoE frame abilities such as World on Fire and Molecular Prime, along with Poison weapons, AoE weapons (Ogris, Ignis, Embolist), Physics Impact weapons, and the Flux rifle to do damage.

Edited by litlit