Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Mission/Tileset Rework

el_chanis

First of all: Endless missions spin around 2 things: deal all the damage, and prevent all the damage (aka, CC). That leaves out a HUUUUUUGE chunk of the game, and also, makes it extremely repetitive, and, for the first 1-2 hours (even more if you cheese it) its an absolute brainless chore.

Second: Tilesets make no sense. Plenty of dead end corridors, useless halls, and equal settings one right next to the other. 

The idea: Make BIG static, coherent tileset, with rotating objectives. The tilesets should have one or several "entry and exit point",  "detention area" (aka, rescue missions), "archive area" (good old spy), next to it could be the "com area" (interception), and various Mobile defense objetices spread across the map.

As a way to finish de mission, the Reactor area, to destroy the ship/facility and head to exit. 

Each round could last 5 min (spy/rescue in less than 5, defend for 5 mins, kill x amount of enemies in 5 mins, etc).

The reason behind this idea is to shake things up a little. It would encourage a balanced team composition, where tankyness, cc and dps will remain important, but good stealth and defensive abilities will get more valuable.

This would be very nice to see for the incoming Empyrean, because it can be integrated into their missions, where you can raid a ship, do several objectives, and then destroy it from inside getting to it's reactor.

• Like 1

Sounds similar to Killzone 2's Warzone mode where it would dynamically cycle through all the game modes (TDM, CtF, Search and Destroy etc.) in a single match. I'd be down for a game mode like that if they could implement it well. Would almost act like a mini-raid. Issues I could foresee would be bugs switching to the next objective, a limited amount of tiles being use (The map can only be so large), and balancing so that you don't end up failing an objective because it decided to do something like switch to you defending a crypod but it gets destroyed because you were on the other side of the map doing an interception. But yeah, an endless mission that was a mix of most of the other missions in one sounds like fun. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PS4)BloodyHell said:

Sounds similar to Killzone 2's Warzone mode where it would dynamically cycle through all the game modes (TDM, CtF, Search and Destroy etc.) in a single match. I'd be down for a game mode like that if they could implement it well. Would almost act like a mini-raid. Issues I could foresee would be bugs switching to the next objective, a limited amount of tiles being use (The map can only be so large), and balancing so that you don't end up failing an objective because it decided to do something like switch to you defending a crypod but it gets destroyed because you were on the other side of the map doing an interception. But yeah, an endless mission that was a mix of most of the other missions in one sounds like fun. 

"Theoretically," bounties are like that. In reality though they.. are not. It will be interesting playing in a open mission, that scales up with changing objectives. I think having one of these per planet, starting at sortie level 1 difficulty would be fun. 

14 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

"Theoretically," bounties are like that. In reality though they.. are not. It will be interesting playing in a open mission, that scales up with changing objectives. I think having one of these per planet, starting at sortie level 1 difficulty would be fun. 

Yeah, i thought about bounties. The problem is, their level is way too low, and they don't have a way to scale.

Overall, im against endless content. It's  the incarnation of dev's failures at creating engaging endgame content. The fact that you must stay more than 1 hour in enless missions  means that they are  a test of endurance and patience rather than a test of skill and power. DE never stablished the maximum powerlevel, therefore both the enemies and the players become absurdly strong. That turns the entire rest of the game into a nice looking background. There is no difference between level 40 charger and wild animals in Orb Valis. But given that they are very unlikely to remove endless missions, at the very least, they could give them more variety.

Edited by el_chanis