Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My complete list of ability reworks for the worst abilities in the game.

(PSN)FK2P

Soul punch: Flat damage, potential to damage enemies behind initial target.

Rework: 8 meter radial knockdown on hit, Each enemy hit from behind is damaged 35% of the initial enemies health, and the initial enemy is damaged 25% of the impacted enemies health each subsequent hit. Impacted damage dealt by enemy souls grants life steal.

Hold to resurect a gravestone with some nice FX, which release 12 enemy seeking spirits over time, which are like soul punch but have scaling damage (50% base health) etc and scaling life steal, and the added effect of inducing panic along their path to enemies close by but not hit. When finished the gravestone bursts and releases a single health orb.

Chroma in general:

Give him shield gating, but place it halfway through his health bar with a unique split in his health bar. Each time half his health is removed grant 1 second of invincibility and immunity to KO, buff the tanking of vex armour, leave the damage where it is. 

Since his kit takes damage to dish it out, allow his effigy to act like octavia’s ball, scale it’s damage to how much damage it takes etc, also decrease its drain it’s INSANE! Give it some AI tweaks.

Change toxin chroma to corrosive.

Tidal surge, Move forwards and push enemies with you. A weaker version of reave on a non-tank warframe. Augment removes status effects, however on a non-tank frame you shouldn’t be receiving damage in the first place. 

Rework: I can’t even think of a change that would make this ability usable in the current game atmosphere.

Ballistic Battery: Store 1000 damage to use on your next shot. 

Rework: Raise the cap to 150.000, and spread it out into 3x 50.000 projectiles.

The HUD would look like three bullets filling up one by one, and then when full the next 3 shots would do 50.000 damage

one shot from an opticor and most single shot weapons does 150.000 so... if you want the potential for a big dump of damage then that’s how high it’s going to have to be in order for it to be worth casting. I like the idea of having it spread out over a few shots instead of one too.

Sound quake: This is a terrible ability, nerfed to suit the early game like world on fire was... Banshee is a complicated warframe, perfectly designed for 2014 gameplay, a favourite of endurance players.

Rework: Similar to how vauban has his abilities combined I would like this: Hold the 4 button down to use sound quake as it is now,

tap the 4 button to launch the quake ring as a projectile born from the quake ring itself, acting as a larger sonar projectile, which applies to ANY surface, boss, eidolon limb, absolutely any surface and allows her to DPS in any scenario. This keeps the incentive to play her, because right now she isn’t a universal DPS which means there’s no reason to play her extremely squishy play style when rhino grants a more consistent damage buff which applies directly to weapons while being able to tank. This in my view is her main problem overall. Building her is unpredictable in future updates, you never know when DE are going to throw a Profit Taker your way...

This rework at least enables her to enact her play style on any conceivable threat. This doesn’t break her kit, it just updates it to function properly in 2019.

Reckoning: Good overall ability however building for all oberons other abilities for instance... having 329% strength renewal JUST to match wisp... leaves his other abilities at 120% etc... 

Rework: EASY, increase the base range, and instead of dropping health orbs on death, enemies should drop them on hit to allow for high level gameplay where the enemies are barely damaged by this ability. Perhaps add some armour steal potential also...

Trinity’s Link: BUFF THE BASE DURATION

(easy one)

Paralysis: Sacrifice shields for a stun...

Rework: I would allow this ability to have some other effects. Since Valkyr is invincible and life steals in her 4, I propose that if you hold the button down her health drains similar to inaros’s 4 and her health is transferred into a temporary debuff strip, armour shields and eximus effects nullified for a duration. Perhaps buff the range a little also.

EDIT: honerable mentions:

Tectonics:

Rework: increase base health, Allow it to regenerate health from rubble on collection by atlas in range, Make it longer and in an arc like this:

_.-~~~-._ instead of this ~~~ 

Landslide: no reason to use this over melee weapon... waste of energy, also the rag doll is annoying because the damage is so low you have to keep flying around the room chasing your target.

Rework: Increase the damage multiplyer, scale it off of your melee weapon, but it should also deal more damage that melee alone because it costs energy...

Rumblers: bad UI, awful damage.

Rework: Add the AI from wukong clone, scale their damage from your melee weapon. 

I won’t do any more because I don’t want to spam and reading wish lists can be tiresome. 

Edited by (PS4)FK2P
  • Like 1

As an Aside, I do like a bunch of these ideas, but I feel you missed the mark for atlas a bit. Ill explain more once I get to his segment. 

On 2019-11-28 at 1:17 AM, (PS4)FK2P said:

Soul punch: Flat damage, potential to damage enemies behind initial target.

Rework: 8 meter radial knockdown on hit, Each enemy hit from behind is damaged 35% of the initial enemies health, and the initial enemy is damaged 25% of the impacted enemies health each subsequent hit. Impacted damage dealt by enemy souls grants life steal.

Love this. Soul punch has been weak for eternity and something like some %hp damage and life steal would be awesome. Idk how much Id need the lifesteal due to desecrate but im sure it wouldnt hurt. 

Hold to resurect a gravestone with some nice FX, which release 12 enemy seeking spirits over time, which are like soul punch but have scaling damage (50% base health) etc and scaling life steal, and the added effect of inducing panic along their path to enemies close by but not hit. When finished the gravestone bursts and releases a single health orb.

This one Im not so sure about. Seems like a lot to tack on a first ability

Chroma in general:

Give him shield gating, but place it halfway through his health bar with a unique split in his health bar. Each time half his health is removed grant 1 second of invincibility and immunity to KO, buff the tanking of vex armour, leave the damage where it is. 

Sure

Since his kit takes damage to dish it out, allow his effigy to act like octavia’s ball, scale it’s damage to how much damage it takes etc, also decrease its drain it’s INSANE! Give it some AI tweaks.

Would effigy also gain a taunt then? It would need one because otherwise the damage output multiplier would be unreliable. I do like this concept though. 

Change toxin chroma to corrosive.

Would this change his buffs? If not, I fail to see what changing toxin to corrosive does for chroma. It also doesnt fit his theme of being the 4 basic elements. 

Tidal surge, Move forwards and push enemies with you. A weaker version of reave on a non-tank warframe. Augment removes status effects, however on a non-tank frame you shouldn’t be receiving damage in the first place. 

Rework: I can’t even think of a change that would make this ability usable in the current game atmosphere.

Id say tidal surge is viable, but needs more oompf in its damage or uktility department. Armor strip wouldnt work because hydroid’s 4 already deals true damage and his 1 can strip armor with augment, but maybe something to add to his pirate theme like “enemies hit by tidal surge drop ____% bonus credits” or something? 

Ballistic Battery: Store 1000 damage to use on your next shot. 

Rework: Raise the cap to 150.000, and spread it out into 3x 50.000 projectiles.

The HUD would look like three bullets filling up one by one, and then when full the next 3 shots would do 50.000 damage

one shot from an opticor and most single shot weapons does 150.000 so... if you want the potential for a big dump of damage then that’s how high it’s going to have to be in order for it to be worth casting. I like the idea of having it spread out over a few shots instead of one too.

Ok, this would be nice, but the reasoning behind the damage is a bit flawed. By that logic, every exalted melee should have way more damage then anything else melee related and the same for every ability that costs energy to cast.

I enjoy the bullet idea as a hud goes but I dont know if its needed since mesa already has a notifier of her battery %. Imo this idea would be great ifffff the damage wasnt so god damn high. 150,000 bonus damage is honestly crazy, especially since that (even split into 3) will kill most anything into level 100 instantly anyway. Keep the 3 bullet idea, but the damage cap from 1000 to like 10,000 for each bullet.  Askingq for more is a bit much when mesa is already top tier.  

Sound quake: This is a terrible ability, nerfed to suit the early game like world on fire was... Banshee is a complicated warframe, perfectly designed for 2014 gameplay, a favourite of endurance players.

Rework: Similar to how vauban has his abilities combined I would like this: Hold the 4 button down to use sound quake as it is now,

tap the 4 button to launch the quake ring as a projectile born from the quake ring itself, acting as a larger sonar projectile, which applies to ANY surface, boss, eidolon limb, absolutely any surface and allows her to DPS in any scenario. This keeps the incentive to play her, because right now she isn’t a universal DPS which means there’s no reason to play her extremely squishy play style when rhino grants a more consistent damage buff which applies directly to weapons while being able to tank. This in my view is her main problem overall. Building her is unpredictable in future updates, you never know when DE are going to throw a Profit Taker your way...

This rework at least enables her to enact her play style on any conceivable threat. This doesn’t break her kit, it just updates it to function properly in 2019.

Ok, hear me out, what if using soundquake gave you the Zenith ability to shoot through walls.....? Sonar to see enemies, soundquake to damage them and any one damaged by the inital wave can be seen by banshee while shes given an infinite punch through buff for a short time? 

Reckoning: Good overall ability however building for all oberons other abilities for instance... having 329% strength renewal JUST to match wisp... leaves his other abilities at 120% etc... 

Rework: EASY, increase the base range, and instead of dropping health orbs on death, enemies should drop them on hit to allow for high level gameplay where the enemies are barely damaged by this ability. Perhaps add some armour steal potential also...

Something I saw recently that i think would fix this ability is to make it like Ember’s new 4. It costs 10 energy per target as opposed to a flat 100. This would help is energy costs. I agree with the orbs thing. I more prefer the idea of “enemies killed that were blinded can drop health orbs” as opposed to orbs on hit due to balancing reasons but thats just me. 

Trinity’s Link: BUFF THE BASE DURATION

(easy one)

Yep

Paralysis: Sacrifice shields for a stun...

Rework: I would allow this ability to have some other effects. Since Valkyr is invincible and life steals in her 4, I propose that if you hold the button down her health drains similar to inaros’s 4 and her health is transferred into a temporary debuff strip, armour shields and eximus effects nullified for a duration. Perhaps buff the range a little also.

I like this too. 

EDIT: honerable mentions:

Tectonics:

Rework: increase base health, Allow it to regenerate health from rubble on collection by atlas in range, Make it longer and in an arc like this:

_.-~~~-._ instead of this ~~~ 

So Ima write a bit here, prepare yourselves. 

Atlas needs help. As a diehard atlas fan it hurts everytime I see new frame kits come out (new/reworked) because I see how good they are and how good atlas COULD be.

Some of the ideas for tectonics is to make it like a vauban/ivara quiver, adhering to the theme of a rockbender, atlas can choose to build one of 3/4 objects, including a tectonics wall (curved like you said), rumblers, and maybe a spire of something that buffs allies. Hell, let him also wear the rocks he summon to buff his tankiness beyond his basic rubble armor mofidier. Focus on atlas’s rubble mechanic and increase the cap, but make his abilities (besides landslide) cost rubble to cast. Give him the Nidus Treatment if you will. 

Atlas’s biggest problems are a lack of useful synergy among all abilities, a recent loss in damage due to the melee rework, and bizarre stat choices in his abilities, making it tough to perfect builds. 

Landslide: no reason to use this over melee weapon... waste of energy, also the rag doll is annoying because the damage is so low you have to keep flying around the room chasing your target.

Rework: Increase the damage multiplyer, scale it off of your melee weapon, but it should also deal more damage that melee alone because it costs energy...

Have you used landslide? The ragdol problem is rarely a problem because the enemies die before they fly away. For heavy units, if they are petrified initially they are frozen and cannot move. 

Landslide already scales off melee combo multiplier, mods, and even mods like rivens and augments. Some people (im not one of them tbh) want his landslide to get its own mod page a la garuda claws but doing so would hurt his modding capability due to not being allows to ise rivens or augments. Id only agree with a change like this if they buffed his status/crit chance. Currently both sit between 0 and 5%, making modding for them impossible. 

Another change landslide should get is that its bonus damage based on combo multiplier should go from 1/4 of the combo to 1/3rd. 

Rumblers: bad UI, awful damage.

Rework: Add the AI from wukong clone, scale their damage from your melee weapon. 

As I mentioned before, Id love to have rumblers and tectonics be combined into something like a quiver ability. Tone down their base hp as a result, but yes, their damage scaling with melee would be nice. Ive seen people suggest giving them the ability to landslide, but idk how reliable that would be. 

As for their AI, yea, its poor, but I fail to see whats to unique about wukong’s AI tbh. Id rather DE make the rumblers more distinct. Make one rumbler a ranged rock thrower, knocking down enemies hit and such, and make the other focused solely on melee. As it is now both kinda flail about and sometimes throw rocks but its also unreliable as to which attack is happening, and splitting the attack patterns could lead to more organic gameplay.   

I won’t do any more because I don’t want to spam and reading wish lists can be tiresome. 

It aint spam. Personally i love reading wish lists but im sure Im in a minority xD