Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing / Titania Sprint needs revert

Rovaeden

The recent changes to Archwing sprint forcing forward movement has made Titania extremely difficult to control in Razorwing.

The old sprint system worked just fine and the variability of the sprint speed by pressing move forward or move back was a nice feature.

DE, Please revert (or redesign) Archwing / Titania sprint!

• Like 3

I agree, the forced forward movement in sprint on Titania is honestly the absolute worst. I'm seriously hoping we get a revert to this or some way to get the old sprint back. Maybe add a new keybind for old sprint? I don't know, I just want it back. 

• Like 1

Yeah, the changes were enough for me to stop using Titania for sorties.

As if the whole max or no speed and inertia thing (which made her speed adjustable) wasn't enough, the whole thing of forcing you to move where you're looking just made no sense. I wanted to give the new system a chance, but when it comes to Titania you're basically forced to sit there while shooting or give up shooting while you move somewhere else.

• Like 1

*BUMP*

Hey DE,

So, just watched Dev Stream 134 and you guys said you are ripping out the old archwing controls so you have one "good" control system for Archwing / Railjack.
Guys, this ain't it so WTF?
The previous system was better by far!
Are you gonna keep iterating on this or are we gonna be stuck with this current, frankly awful, control scheme for a while?

• Like 1

Her normal movement is slow because she has the same movement as Archwing, which has a high enough base speed that it still moves reasonably fast strafing. It's a disparity that needs addressed, but it absolutely does not need reverted. I started using Titania regularly again because the new movement is so much more fun than the old one, and it's incredibly useful if you know how to use it. I'm able to nigh-effortlessly solo Index now entirely because I can move around the map quickly and easily, letting me keep her energy topped off, find targets quickly, and deposit points with minimal wasted time. She also cut 30 - 40 seconds off my typical Capture time, which is pretty nice considering it was already under 4 minutes. I still prefer her for open world bounties as well, despite being a little worse for them overall after the patch.

My only issue is that she can no longer look and shoot in any direction while boosting anymore. This makes her much more unwiedly and slower than before the patch.

The new normal hovering movement however is a giant improvement. 

Now if only her abilities didn't have such terrible baseline range I would be satisfied.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...