Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Floof decoration capacity cost is excessive

MoonYuTsu

It's come up before, but the amount of decoration capacity Floofs take up seems very excessive for no obvious reason. It seems like that's the case for most personal decorations, but Floofs seem particularly excessive.

They take up 20 decoraton capacity each in the Dojo - that's more than any physical decoration, even the most costly physical decorations only take 3 capacity. 20 cost is the same as costs for the larger and flashier effects. While I can see the logic in the high cost of effects - to prevent people from spamming a room with hundreds of flickering and/or bright animated effects, which could be a visual irritant or outright photosensitive trigger, as well as some being large - I can't say the same for the cost of Floofs. Floofs are small, static props with generally subdued colours - there doesn't seem to be an obvious rationale for why their placement should be so costly when comparing them to effects. Even among the "personal decorations" category, Floofs seem expensive - a Glyph display, which is a larger, animated item with a variable in what it can display, costs only 5 capacity, yet the static Floofs costs 4 times as much at 20 capacity.

The high cost of 20 per floof is also quite restricting on their use as a decoration - if I've counted correctly, there are 37 varieties of Floof (33 catchable animals + 3 Thumpers + Desert Skate), meaning if one wanted to place one of every Floof in a Dojo room, it would take up 740 capacity, which is in excess of the capacity of most rooms - arguably only an Inspiration hall has enough space to display an entire set while still having enough capacity leftover to make reasonable use of the rest of the room,

Considering their size, it seems Floofs should cost much less capacity than they do, 5 seems reasonable, 10 at absolute most, but the current 20 seems like far too much for what they are and in comparison to other decorations.

42 minutes ago, GruntBlender said:

Yeah, physical size or colors don't matter. It's probably something like poly count, to prevent rooms being filled so much they drop your fps to 5 or outright crash the game.

Thinking about it, yup, polycount may be the reason... but on the other hand, are they 6x~20x the polycount of decorations that cost 1~3 capacity to place? The possibility exists that they are, but it doesn't seem super likely to me - they're small and relatively simplistic, it doesn't seem like they'd have an immense polycount by glancing at them.

Edited by MoonYuTsu