Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

any tips for melee harrow?

Space0ddity

ive taken the melee harrowpill

50% critchance and infinite energy combined with a reliable stun and enough ehp and bulkiness to use it properly, ridiculously broken when you give him something like a shildeg or a plague zaw

but ive noticed that occasionally i hit random once in a million headshots as melee

are there any particular melees that hit these headshots easier?

16 minutes ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

Atterax does particularly well, but whips in general work very well for headshots. Run big range, and you'll have no problem. Secura Lecta is what I use, but it's not that available to most. 

is it the e combo or the held e combo that headshots better?

31 minutes ago, Space0ddity said:

is it the e combo or the held e combo that headshots better?

two E, one held E is what I use. If you don't like whips, Lesion big range with shimmering blight works very well also. Polearms in general, with Shimmering Blight work well for headshots, with it's diagonal strikes and just general long range. With Shimmering Blight, you can just walk around and spam E, melts everything. Hold down block and win.

Any gunblade works.
Glaives might be a bit more difficult, but still possible to make intentional headshots.
Anything that whacks from top-down. I use a Galatine Prime. What's the stance fitting in there? There's another answer.

19 hours ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

two E, one held E is what I use. If you don't like whips, Lesion big range with shimmering blight works very well also. Polearms in general, with Shimmering Blight work well for headshots, with it's diagonal strikes and just general long range. With Shimmering Blight, you can just walk around and spam E, melts everything. Hold down block and win.

you cant block anymore, is this melee 3.0 compatible advice?

22 hours ago, zakaryx said:

Hold F to equip your melee and right click to block.

21 hours ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

If you go into melee mode and hold down right click of left bumper (I think) R2 on PS4 you can still do melee with B (xbox), E (PC) or Circle on PS4 to just rend everything.

i honestly dont want to give up the ability to whip out a tigris prime or a twin grakatas and instantly delete something i’m facing off against like a heavy unit or a nox

2 hours ago, Space0ddity said:

i honestly dont want to give up the ability to whip out a tigris prime or a twin grakatas and instantly delete something i’m facing off against like a heavy unit or a nox

Ah okay. That's your playstyle, but most of the time if I need to take out a Heavy Gunner Eximus or Nox, a heavy attack takes care of them.