Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AI 'buffs' when certain enemies are present

(PSN)NemitheNem

Phone post

So my friends and I were talking about enemy AI in Warframe, specifically how it is pretty good but it could be better--and we don't really get to see it with how fast we murder them. But we also got to talking about how making AI is hard. 

Then my friend Js brought up the idea of commander units and we ran with it. 

Basically these units would, usually, only have slightly higher stats than their fellows, and would (usually, chance based?) order their allies to attack a warframe with low health, or high dps resulting in a swarm--essentially changing the target priority.  Or if there are an excess of defensive units to crowd up in their bubbles or behind their shields. That sort of thing. It would a local only phenome--with the exception of Infestation, 

The Infestation would not have 'normal' commander units, instead they would have level wide ones in the form of Lephantis, Phorid, and the Boil. As soon as Lephantis or Phorid talk to you all enemies are alerted and hunting. 

They already gather under Nullifier and Arctic bubbles. If they merely have slightly higher stats, they won't last any longer than the normal units, resulting in dev time that is literally being thrown away to make something new that nobody will ever see the results of.

51 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

gather under Nullifier

Had a thought on this.

What if everyone, including enemies, thought of Nulli's as a-holes?

Say the nulli bubble detonates as magnetic damage if you pop the drone that supports the bubble.
...enemies would be less inclined to be near the Nulli.

But if they wind up inside the bubble, they'll be more likely to stay.

Corpus unit: "Oh great, there's that nullifier.. Thinks he's so cool with his invincibility bubble?
What a weenie! Besides, if that thing blows up, we all eat the damage. I can't stand the guy,
but I'll admit, being inside the bubble is better than not... though, I avoid that if I can, 'cause
no one likes that guy."

7 hours ago, peterc3 said:

They already gather under Nullifier and Arctic bubbles. If they merely have slightly higher stats, they won't last any longer than the normal units, resulting in dev time that is literally being thrown away to make something new that nobody will ever see the results of.

Yes, but that is grouping of power unity rather than units making their way over to the bubbles to hide in them. 

Imagine shield lancer shield walls. Blunts being errected end to end. High damage units grouping around a scorpian so when she drags you in they all pile on you while stunned. Imagine if the corpus jumped you the second a bursa blind went off.