Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, it's time. Vacuum simply makes no sense as a mod anymore.

(PSN)DeZaruu

14 hours ago, Anduvriel said:

There are certain scenarios when i don't want to pick something or have control when i pick that (orbs, unairu wisps in eidolon hunts, ammo etc).

I should note that Unaru Wisps are already not affected by Vacuum as it is. I'd forgotten about those, actually, but they're a good example of an item already excluded from Vacuum. Granted, Wisps also try to follow you when you get close, but they fly slowly and I presume this can be disabled entirely. So from a technical perspective, there's no reason health, ammo, energy and a few other "combat resources" can't be treated differently from your average Ferrite, Rubedo and Scrap drops.

12 hours ago, (PS4)IndianChiefJeff said:

But that in itself is contradictory to Warframe's design. Why design something to be engaging in such a manner that caters to fast combat exchanges while also dragging things down to a meticulous crawl? The worst offender in this case has to be syndicate missions, which quite literally drag a 5 minute mission into the 20 minute range depending on the scale of the map.

I'm personally of the opinion that optional exploration should still remain a thing. Lockers, containers, Hidden Caches, Syndicate pickups, etc. - I'm fine with those things needing to be manually discovered and I'm personally fine with them dragging a mission out longer. Not everything in Warframe needs to be a speedrun. However, that's an entirely separate matter from Universal Vacuum. Even if we had map-wide vacuum and rewards dropped directly into our inventories (as they should), someone would still need to find and open the lockers, containers, caches, etc., someone still needs to find the Syndicate pick-ups and the Ayatan Sculptures. Now personally, I would like for those too to be shared with them team on pick-up, but at least one person still has to find them, walk over to them and interact with them before they can be shared.

From my perspective, Universal Vacuum isn't meant to make exploration faster or even easier. It's meant to ensure that players don't miss out on items just because they didn't notice them drop in the heat of combat. It's meant to allow exploration to either be delegated to a single player while the rest of the team focus on the mission, or shared with a full team without everyone then needing to backtrack through the map. It's meant to be a convenience. There's compelling gameplay to be found in exploring the map for extra drops. There's no compelling gameplay to be had in sweeping up drops in already-explored areas.

• Like 3

On 2020-02-01 at 2:14 PM, Steel_Rook said:

I should note that Unaru Wisps are already not affected by Vacuum as it is.

Since when? They do travel slowly, but cats enlarged the area from which you could collect them and could even bug them. I havent played eidolons quite a while and i always just switched my cat setup to one without vacuum so i couldnt notice. 

20 hours ago, Anduvriel said:

Since when? They do travel slowly, but cats enlarged the area from which you could collect them and could even bug them. I havent played eidolons quite a while and i always just switched my cat setup to one without vacuum so i couldnt notice. 

Fair point. I used Unaru Wisps as mechanics precedent, but your description could be potentially consistent with some form of vacuum being applied to them, just very very slowly. I'm not certain why one would make the speed of vacuum customisable in the first place, but it does appear that its original implementation is... Weird, to say the least. I believe Vacuum doesn't "pick things up" but rather literally moves loot towards your Sentinel. DE had that issue with Fetch initially, where Beast pets would suck up loot then run off to it. I don't know what changes they've made to Vacuum since, but it does seem to apply to the player only.

Precedent aside, I still strongly believe that the ground work exists to exclude certain items from Vacuum entirely, or else limit them to a some independent fixed distance. I don't believe health, energy and ammo pick-ups are a sufficient argument against Universal Vacuum as those can be addressed separately without impacting Vacuum itself.

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

Precedent aside, I still strongly believe that the ground work exists to exclude certain items from Vacuum entirely, or else limit them to a some independent fixed distance. I don't believe health, energy and ammo pick-ups are a sufficient argument against Universal Vacuum as those can be addressed separately without impacting Vacuum itself.

I didn't explicitly write that, I am for universal vacuum, i would love to see team loot like it is in railjack as well. 

Excluding wisps, orbs and ammo shouldnt be hard. 

I think it could be done like this.

Your frame has 15m univac, 20-30 with exilus mods (exilus 20, exilus + mod 30), but this univac works only for loot. 

Your pet has mods that would exclude, multiply or give bonuses to loot like smeeta kavat double timed, with mods like high radius (25m) for orbslike stuff, additional ammo conversions etc. It should be done in such a way that you can make any orblike to your liking, but also with much higher mod cost up to 25m. Base for all is 3m like it is now.