Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cephalon Cy commentary in the Railjack is utterly pointless

Xarteros

4 hours ago, (PS4)TrueDeMoN100 said:

You're wrong that's exactly how it works if you do leaves hull unattended you gradually lose hp over time and it will become catastrophic failure imminent. That's not misleading that's a fact.

isn't fire on board doing DoT to RAiljack and ruptures are only lowering your max hp by up to 20%?

On 2020-01-17 at 3:05 AM, NoSpax said:

The problem is, we have getting random Lotus infos for years and are more likely to overhear/ignore them. Like "It's the grineer" during a Grineer mission, well duh, lady.

Cy's Dialogue is the only way to have ALL crew members know whats going on inside and outside and this should be improved to perfection.

Actually, his dialogue seem to differ from FIRE to FIRES, if there is multiple, and Fire in general (I guess more then 3), so it's a plus already.

Ok, yeah that's a good point 

On 2020-01-23 at 4:24 PM, (PS4)TrueDeMoN100 said:

So after reading this I have to say I partially agree. I have noticed the delay in alerts when you get hit by 3 ramsleds, shields blow out, hulls breached, & etc. 

I understand for the situation at hand you may not want to hear this but I don't mind these commentaries and like that Cy has a personality. Maybe a toggle switch for these few messages could be added if it really is a stretching issue.

You're wrong that's exactly how it works if you do leaves hull unattended you gradually lose hp over time and it will become catastrophic failure imminent. That's not misleading that's a fact.

• Fires deal damage over time
  • Hull Ruptures reduce max ship health

Now, when he says "fires threaten hull integrity", it's unclear. My first instinct, before reading into any of the actual proc functions, was that 'threaten hull integrity' meant that it weakened our armour, or reduced our max health. Saying something like "unchecked fires continue to damage the ship" is instantly more clear: Fires do continued damage. I'm fairly sure he actually says that as one of his potential fire alerts, but that means there's a conflicting message.

And when he says unchecked hull ruptures could lead to a total hull breach, that's entirely wrong. You can have the maximum number of hull ruptures possible and all that happens is a reduction in max health. I've done solo runs where I've left every hull rupture or electrical hazard alone, and only fixed fires (so the HP can regenerate) to minimise Revolite usage (and have a nice buffer of repair XP if I get a Smeeta affinity buff), and never once have I taken enough damage to actually breach the hull. Beyond that, the breaches don't even occur where the ruptures spawn. They spawn in entirely different locations specifically so they don't overlap (not like fires and elec hazards, which often overlap).

Fixing misleading dialogue, adding in toggle options to either keep transmissions short or cut out certain categories, and prioritising certain messages over others (or giving us that as a customisation option too) is a solution that benefits everyone.