The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Colors Have To Be Bought With Platinum?

Shadow977

I want to be able to buy colors with only credits. I think its stupid that you must have platinum to get different colors for your Warframe and weapons. And why do i have to buy colors anyway? why at least some of the colors(like all of "Classic" colors)can't be available right away?

Edit.I know Developers need to make money somehow but at least reduce the price.

Edited by Shadow977

Because fancy stuff are not needed to play the game and, if you want them, you have to pay them...

That's the way F2P games work, more or less

This.

Maybe you'll get a Halloween color pack come the 31st for credits? There was one for Valentine's and Easter... then again the July 4th one was for plat...

Edited by AXCrusnik

Why don't the devs come round to your homes once a week and give you a percentage of their pay. Do you have any concept of economics whatsoever, how the hell is the game supposed to continue without a revenue stream. Free to play doesn't mean free for all, you get the base game and agree that some items may require payment.

F'ing free loaders, it's not enough you get the game for free, if you don't like it, &!$$ off, it's not like you have any intention of supporting the game anyway.

Why don't the devs come round to your homes once a week and give you a percentage of their pay. Do you have any concept of economics whatsoever, how the hell is the game supposed to continue without a revenue stream. Free to play doesn't mean free for all, you get the base game and agree that some items may require payment.

F'ing free loaders, it's not enough you get the game for free, if you don't like it, &!$$ off, it's not like you have any intention of supporting the game anyway.

I know Developers need to make money somehow but like i said when i edited the post they could at least lower the prices, everyone don't have the money to buy massive amounts of platinum just for colors

IMHO the classic colour palette should be made available through ingame means, since its status as 'premium' is a legacy from the bygone days when it was the only colour palette. It's more acceptable to have the dull classic palette as 'basic' feature, and have the others with their more vibrant/varied colours be the 'premium' versions.

Who in their right mind would even purchase the Classic palette to unlock everything it has to offer, when everything else offers more for the same price? As it is what they have is like the back wheel of a bicycle, and the dealership sells a whole bicycle, alongside the other options such as ducati, kawasaki, battery-powere bicycles.

Of course the iffy bit of this is "what about older players who bought the Classic palette?"

IMHO the classic colour palette should be made available through ingame means, since its status as 'premium' is a legacy from the bygone days when it was the only colour palette. It's more acceptable to have the dull classic palette as 'basic' feature, and have the others with their more vibrant/varied colours be the 'premium' versions.

Who in their right mind would even purchase the Classic palette to unlock everything it has to offer, when everything else offers more for the same price? As it is what they have is like the back wheel of a bicycle, and the dealership sells a whole bicycle, alongside the other options such as ducati, kawasaki, battery-powere bicycles.

Of course the iffy bit of this is "what about older players who bought the Classic palette?"

Indeed

You're a douchebag. Thanks.

Now, as everyone has said, this is just a common thing is F2P games. I got one color pack with my founders plat because I was getting bored of the 12 or so crappy colors they stick you with. Was it worth it? Meh, could have used 3 formas now that I think about it, or a few reactors/catalysts. 

You're a douchebag. Thanks.

Now, as everyone has said, this is just a common thing is F2P games. I got one color pack with my founders plat because I was getting bored of the 12 or so crappy colors they stick you with. Was it worth it? Meh, could have used 3 formas now that I think about it, or a few reactors/catalysts. 

That's what i meant, the colors you start with are too limited.

Cosmetics don't affect gameplay - it's safe to charge them with premium currency and far more fair then locking some weapons and frames behind cash wall. Colour palettes aren't that expensive especially if you are lucky enough to get plat discount.

Classic palette is indeed quite controversial. IMHO it should be only palette unlockable by reaching certain mastery level - a reward for dedicating enough time to the game, especially since it costed 1 Cr for some time. Other option is that it could by awarded as a gift after buying some certain amount of platinum in total. It should be easy for DE to return plat retrospectively to all player who brought Classic palette on old terms - they already done similar things in past.

Mmmm, would like this.  It would be nice if they took a page out of GW2's book of metalic colors.

To be honest it could be quite hard if not impossible to achieve - metallic shimmer is something more then just applying proper colour. Probably we'll sooner see metallic skins then colour palettes. 

Edited by xGryphus