Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are the new relics bugged? Triplicate drops common.

Neurohax

Question

I get RNG, independent event probability, etc., but about 1/3 of my 25+ runs with new relics end in 3 matching items (usually forma). Radshare, intshare, doesn't matter. BUT, it's only been with the new relics. Games with the old ones behave as expected - sometimes a dupe, maybe 1/50 a triplicate. I'm relatively new, but of the hundreds of relics I've cracked, it has been an expectedly rare event to see 3 matching rewards. Another odd aspect is that it's always lowest tier, even on radshares, where the chance of a non-low tier item is better than low tier.

I was frustrated at first, but after the 6th or 7th time, it became fascinating. Either I'm hanging way out on the tip of that probability distribution, or there's a bug, or this is intentional. I could easily see a reward system bug that repeats drops when under load or trouble communicating (lots more "Retrieving rewards from server" messages during this time). For example, I've seen bad pseudorandom generators that used system time as a way of varying the returned value and system hangs could cause repeat values. The conspiracy theorist in me would not be surprised at all if the drop tables were altered, maybe temporarily, to artificially inflate play times during the holiday season or drive new item scarcity, which is really scummy.

Anyone else seeing this behavior? Or more importantly, anyone else seeing this change in behavior?

From the game UI, it looks like radshares should be seeing more silver/gold items than bronze in general. Is that what you guys are seeing?

2 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, Neurohax said:

Another odd aspect is that it's always lowest tier, even on radshares, where the chance of a non-low tier item is better than low tier.

I am noticing something similar to you. However, it is not just new relics, I have found it to be oddly common how often you get only common rewards (four people), that are all the same or different. I would say that you are just experiencing RNG, and trying to find excuses for why you don’t get what you want. Don’t worry, I am pretty sure we all do it.

DE is notoriously bad at drop tables. It's very possible they've broken something.

There was a period of months where you could not breed a Chesa kubrow out of farmed eggs, only bought ones.

There were rare crates that did not have the Mantis parts in them that they should have.

There was an acolyte that didn't have its rare mods.

These are recurring issues for them. I can only assume their dev tools for creating/updating drop tables is very unintuitive.