Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Facebook Used For Everything~? D:

KamaNightfire

2rgfb77.png

I for one don't use Facebook. It's nothing but a huge collection of people arguing with each other or liking this and that. It's been well known for its security issues and has been shown to cause depression in those whom use it. 

Why do I have to have a Facebook account to even post in a livestream? Does my opinion or question not matter unless I have one? There is really no need for this to be a requirement. I came here to watch and perhaps question you De on things involving the game i'v spent over 550+ hours playing and $120+ given to, I have a Warframe account and a twitch account, it's all I should need to voice my opinion.

I know a LARGE majority of people won't have this problem, as i'm sure most of you actually use your Facebook daily, but my complaint is more-so that I can't talk unless I have one, which isn't a very appealing thing. Of course I could always make a Throw-Away account, but that's not the point. Why is it required De?

Facebook is used for EVERYTHING now.

*Note: I don't even like Skype as it has security issues as well, I had to be forced by a majority of my friends before I decided to install it.*

What is your opinion on Facebook in general, or it's growing need to be in everything around us?

Edited by Cute

Each time i've tried to use facebook all i ever see is spam from those damn zynga games or family spying on me every minute. Tbh only reason i watch the streams is cause of rebecca. -_-"

I pretty sure with the 10k+ of players that have been in past streams it's not a large majority of people that don't use facebook.

You can still get the plat prizes as long as you're in the channel and most streams have a thread for questions before hand to ask questions.

Because Rebecca is a gorgeous professional woman with a sparkling personality.

Wait, sorry, I got distracted. Probably because there have been a lot of content creators complaining about the irresponsibly bad behaviour displayed by a crushing majority of Twitch chatters. Perhaps they were hoping that associating one's Twitch account with one's Facebook account would instill a bit more personal responsibility in posters.

Other than that, maybe it's a global conspiracy to make people more easily trackable... but let's not get into that.

Facebook is used for EVERYTHING now.

*Note: I don't even like Skype as it has security issues as well, I had to be forced by a majority of my friends before I decided to install it.*

I hate that too, just looking and drooling at the livestream atm...

IMHO, facebook is a great tool but wasted. It's more a personal marketing tool than a social and knowledge exchange.

I did open an acount, but after some months I abandoned it.

There's a lot of spam during streams on twitch, doesn't matter whether it's Warframe, Sc2 or whatever. That can be avoided easily by turning "facebook-mode" on, giving mods a much easier time during stream. I don't own a facobook-profile and I don't really consider it, but if you want to chat during livestreams there's no way but to make an account. 

I have a Facebook account, but I only use it for stuff like this. I've never even been to the Facebook website except to make the account. Social networks are not places for meaningful communication and I'm against them on principle. I also hate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCa9f8cPRbk'>texting and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfEKkdEMGEI'>bluetooth.

I have a Facebook account, but I only use it for stuff like this. I've never even been to the Facebook website except to make the account. Social networks are not places for meaningful communication and I'm against them on principle. I also hate

and

I use to use facebook for a short period of time, but then I slowly learned of the bad side of facebook which is the spam bots, hacks, personal information you don't want released to the public, and some of the people facebook thinks you might know, because of someone you're friends with, and then there's the drama that goes with some people. 

Which is why I mostly use facebook as a chat client, I have friends that use facebook more than any other service with IM, so trying to talk to them without facebook can be troubling at times, and often annoying, but when linked with say AIM, I can't simply pull up their name, send them an IM without even opening up facebook, and seeing the garbage on my news feed that others are posting, things that they find relevant to themselves, and some of their friends, but are things I either don't care for, or really dislike seeing, IE baby photos, religion, government issues, petitions, and other major topics. No offence to those who have kids, or into those other things, I mainly dislike kids mostly because I hate noises I have no control over, IE loud bird, barking dogs, crying kids, screaming kids, and other annoying sounds. I dislike the topic of religion and government mostly because of where I live, and the viewpoints people in the area have on those topics.

But other than the nonsense that causes facebook to be a site to avoid, there are aspects to facebook that do come in handy. I have a first generation Droid, in my contacts, my facebook friends are also listed, which is wonderful when I'm trying to call someone I don't have their number saved in my phone, or they not too long ago changed their number.

The need to have Facebook connected to twitch in order to comment is rather annoying, but if I remember right, you don't need to comment to win plat, and trying to get a word into the conversation is very hard to do because of slow mode and over 5000 trying to talk at once, causes your words to be pushed out of view very quickly, or forces you to wait a very long period of time before you can be heard.