The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean the epitome of grind fest.

(XBOX)XGN DrFeelGood

1 minute ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

I like the grind.
Its what WARFRAME is made of.

Every since harrow the grind creep up to this hotfix is mad broken. No more quests with youtubers doing dank memes and skits anymore. Just people like life of rio making satire videos and other partners just casually guiding their fan bases into the new grind fest. That hotfix is next level 00f.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood:

Every since harrow the grind creep up to this hotfix is mad broken. No more quests with youtubers doing dank memes and skits anymore. Just people like life of rio making satire videos and other partners just casually guiding their fan bases into the new grind fest. That hotfix is next level 00f.

Just stop then.
There are alot of games out there.
Dont bother with Warframe if its not your style anymore.

1 minute ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

Why do you seem to have so much dependence on content creators?  You may think the grind is bad, but many of us like having longer term goals.

8 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Why do you seem to have so much dependence on content creators?  You may think the grind is bad, but many of us like having longer term goals.

empyrean and it’s new layers of r n g is to keep the community playing it til late January to mid February. If that’s the idea, then we have to consider the original model we had:

WarFrame with new quests and dynamic environments to enter was lasting content. Those quests, medium term farms, and Events was the long term goals. After these quests, new areas, and events kept us entertained til the next major story quest.

16 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Just stop then.
There are alot of games out there.
Dont bother with Warframe if its not your style anymore.

The formula isn’t there anymore. Other titles with big names are just ‘corporatized’ with lootboxes and other ways to pinch the consumer.  Grendel, Guass, and now the hotfixed empyrean parts are leaning into that area.

1 minute ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

empyrean and it’s new layers of r n g is to keep the community playing it til late January to mid February. If that’s the idea, then we have to consider the original model we had:

WarFrame with new quests and dynamic environments to enter was lasting content. Those quests, medium term farms, and Events was the long term goals. After these quests, new areas, and events kept us entertained til the next major story quest.

Quests being long term...  no they weren't.  You completed them in a few days (when they locked the next step behind having a component built) then only consulted them if you were having a lore discussion.  Events weren't long term either.  Again finish in a couple of days, take a day or two to chuck as many forma into the weapon reward as you want and then only consult it for lore discussions.  And how are medium term farms long term goals?  Surely they would be medium term goals?  And I am considering the 'original model' when looking at RJ, and I'm saying that RJ is actually longer term than anything you brought up and is more of what I prefer.  Yes the large deltas on the non-turret equipment is annoying but all that would need to happen is for those deltas to be tightened up and I believe a lot of those people complaining about it would be satisfied.  Apart from that (and some of the resource economy as well as solo not really being viable due to AW damage being reduced) I think RJ is exactly where it needs to be.

3 hours ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

The formula isn’t there anymore. Other titles with big names are just ‘corporatized’ with lootboxes and other ways to pinch the consumer.  Grendel, Guass, and now the hotfixed empyrean parts are leaning into that area.

No, Grendel is not leaning into that at all.  If anything it's leaning back to the good ol' days when stuff was unlocked via challenge.  Yes the missions were a poor example of it but it's far better than just running entirely brain-dead missions.  Gauss wasn't bad either, just standard RNG.  Considering it is a 10% part drop from a game-mode where the entire idea is to speed up the reward cycles I would say it's moving in the right direction as well.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial

4 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Quests being long term...  no they weren't.  You completed them in a few days (when they locked the next step behind having a component built) then only consulted them if you were having a lore discussion.  Events weren't long term either.  Again finish in a couple of days, take a day or two to chuck as many forma into the weapon reward as you want and then only consult it for lore discussions.  And how are medium term farms long term goals?  Surely they would be medium term goals?  And I am considering the 'original model' when looking at RJ, and I'm saying that RJ is actually longer term than anything you brought up and is more of what I prefer.  Yes the large deltas on the non-turret equipment is annoying but all that would need to happen is for those deltas to be tightened up and I believe a lot of those people complaining about it would be satisfied.  Apart from that (and some of the resource economy as well as solo not really being viable due to AW damage being reduced) I think RJ is exactly where it needs to be.

We think in different ways:

Farms like Index is a ‘2’. The quest is a ‘1’. Events are also a ‘1’. 2+1+1=4. The time we get 4 the next major quest comes out.

Now, Railjack is a ‘2’. New War Epilogue is a ‘.5’. The next event coming is a ‘1’. 2+.5+1= 3.5. 

3.5 doesn’t look good in that equation.

16 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

No, Grendel is leaning into that at all.  If anything it's leaning back to the good ol' days when stuff was unlocked via challenge.  Yes the missions were a poor example of it but it's far better than just running entirely brain-dead missions.  Gauss wasn't bad either, just standard RNG.  Considering it is a 10% part drop from a game-mode where the entire idea is to speed up the reward cycles I would say it's moving in the right direction as well.

If the numbers were right the hotfixed parts for empyrean are at 5%. 

On the other point, Grendel locked behind a ‘no mods’ mission set or paying a extra 100 plat purchase is too much to settle for. Every other WarFrame can be bought for just under 300 before coupons. 

Edited by (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood

23 minutes ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

or paying a extra 100 plat purchase

I think you need to look at the market again.  Grendel is 325p.  Now lets list all the Warframes that either cost the same or more.

Ash(375p), Baruuk(325p), Chroma(375p), Equinox(325p), Frost(375p), Garuda(325p), Gauss(325p), Hildryn(325p), Ivara(325p), Khora(325p), Mesa(325p), Nekros(375p), Nova(375p), Oberon(325p), Revenant(325p), Rhino(375p) and Wisp(325p).

Seems like Grendel costs about as much as you would expect a Warframe to cost.

6 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

I think you need to look at the market again.  Grendel is 325p.  Now lets list all the Warframes that either cost the same or more.

Ash(375p), Baruuk(325p), Chroma(375p), Equinox(325p), Frost(375p), Garuda(325p), Gauss(325p), Hildryn(325p), Ivara(325p), Khora(325p), Mesa(325p), Nekros(375p), Nova(375p), Oberon(325p), Revenant(325p), Rhino(375p) and Wisp(325p).

Seems like Grendel costs about as much as you would expect a Warframe to cost.

The factors of time vs plat ratio differs. Other characters were dropped with no problem from progression. Kohra, Octavia, and Grendel got serious grinding behind them. Octavia with the 20 minute intervals was tough on players. Grendel having to get keys, then run this missions with the no mods setting, and wait for the drop chance is 3 layers of grind. Empyrean has layers of grind like this with time consumption woven into it and extra R N G.

1 hour ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

Ever since Harrow WarFrame got too grindy for it’s own boundaries. The new R N G farm built into Empyrean is not consumer friendly. It was controversial enough when the r n g percentages were data mined and released to the public on older content.

It's not. We have this update now a week or so. It is alright with all the changes they brought. You just can't do everything in a few days and that good. Build MK3 from the dojo is what I would suggest you.

This is not a gammode for rushers. That's all. And that the RJ guns are to weak but otherwise...

21 minutes ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

Grendel having to get keys, then run this missions with the no mods setting, and wait for the drop chance is 3 layers of grind. 

2 layers of grind since the missions have 100% part reward upon completion.  And the keys are only an issue if you solo farm them since it only requires one person in a squad to have a key.  Hell, I got grendel without ever buying a key (so didn't need Arbs) because one of my mates had enough currency to immediately buy all three of them.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

The factors of time vs plat ratio differs.

So?  There's no correlation between time to farm and how much they cost.  Rhino is easy to get yet costs 375p.  Atlas costs less than him at 325p yet is comparatively more difficult since you need AW gear for it (which a lot of people, especially those non-completionists wouldn't have leveled).  Harrow is 225p despite a number of people getting VERY frustrated while farming him.  Aside from the starter options being cheapest at 75p, there's no real pattern between how long it takes to obtain a frame (or difficulty of doing so, because time =/= difficulty) and it's Plat cost in the market.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial

The Liches and Empyrean are indeed a grind fest (not to say some other parts weren't but they were in most cases few and far apart).

Better prepare for the Corpus liches and the New War to follow the same principles since rather than acknowledging it they keep doing more and worse.