Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbral and Sacrificial mod sets need rework!

divi_india

3 hours ago, SixDimensions said:

Not all mods are going to be useful with all frames.

Clearly you have missed the point since my initial post.

I totally agree wih your statement which is actually supportive of what I am initially suggesting.

I had said that in Umbral mod set some of the mods(like Umbral fibre in case of limbo) have no purpose on a particular frame.

But the set bonus of this particular set is to enhance the equipped mod. Without the set bonus these mods are redundant and offer same stats or meagre gains compared to existing mods.

I don't know about others but sacrificing a complete mod slot is too much in my opinion. The sacrifice was never meant to be in mod slots, sacrifice is measured in terms of drain of that mod(that is the basic reason why we have drain on mods). It is measured in terms of how difficult it is to get umbra forma.

This problem doesn't arise in other mod sets because they actually provide an extra incentive like a dual stat mod. Moreover they can be divided across weapons, warframe and companion.

(Remember that Umbral mods and Sacrificial mods are also dual stat mod, providing extra tau resistance and damage to sentients)

If developers really want us to use Umbral sets more which they have indicated by adding umbra forma to drop tables may be due to the fact that sentient are now a thing and tenno must be prepared to deal with them. Umbra mod sets are not necessary to handle sentient but they certainly give an edge. And I find zero reasons to why my zephyr prime or Titania or any other warframe should not be compatible to equip these mods.

Edited by divi_india

8 minutes ago, divi_india said:

Clearly you have missed the point since my initial post.

First, that is a pejorative remark and absolutely false.

Second, no my statement does not automatically back your point.  For example, Gladiator Aegis gives a meager +45% armor.  No one is using that mod by itself for the armor bonus.  So not using it is sacrificing the net benefit of the set.  And using it is sacrificing a mod slot for the net benefit of the set.  Why aren't you asking for them to change that?  This is one of many examples where not all mods are useful with all frames.  That includes sets.

15 minutes ago, divi_india said:

I find zero reasons to why my zephyr prime or Titania or any other warframe should not be compatible to equip these mods.

Your Zephyr is incompatible with Steel Fiber due to the low armor. But this post isn't about that because there's no ancillary benefit.  If you want the ancillary benefit then make the same choice that every other set mod and non-set mod gives you: is this applicable to my fame/build/weapon choice and is it worth using if not?

You just want to get the benefit the way you want it. Spreading the set bonus among multiple items in other sets is acceptable because the primary stat of the mod isn't increasing with each additional mod.  Even if you did that with these mods and capped at 3 you're basically saying "we should be able to get the full effect without having to use them all"

In case there's any confusion: "Not all mods are going to be useful with all frames" should be read as "Not all mods are going to be useful with all frames and that is due to differences in frame design, not the mods".  Just like you wouldn't put a tow kit on a golf cart and then complain that they need to make more accessible tow kits.  You'd put it on something other than a golf cart and go about your day

6 hours ago, SixDimensions said:

Not all mods are going to be useful with all frames.  Some clearly benefit more than others while some mods serve no purpose on other frames. Why stop with just these set mods? They're designed as they're supposed to be. A trade-off for increased stats. 

The biggest difference for me is that these set bonuses are so unique compared to almost any other set.  And going to get more valuable with time.  (It's not as big a deal, but it does seem unfortunate to me as well that one of the biggest carrots in the game right now--umbra forma--is much more useful if you're love one or more  of a smaller subset of frames.)

As I said already though, instead of expanding the sets, I am not adverse to new, vaguely equivalent sets getting added.  And I think that is what will happen eventually.

And would have already  happened in an ideal world.

On 2019-12-24 at 11:56 PM, SixDimensions said:

Just like you wouldn't put a tow kit on a golf cart and then complain that they need to make more accessible tow kits.  You'd put it on something other than a golf cart and go about your day

Well different people think differently. I like to think, hey can I put a scramjet on my golf cart!

No offence but I said it for fun.

And apparently you missed some post.

On 2019-12-25 at 2:47 AM, Tiltskillet said:

As I said already though, instead of expanding the sets, I am not adverse to new, vaguely equivalent sets getting added.  And I think that is what will happen eventually.

And would have already  happened in an ideal world.

Exactly, Umbral mods look so good that they leave you thinking if you could have more like those. And we have had nothing since the addition of "The Sacrifice" quest except recent change to Sacrificial Steel.

On 2019-12-27 at 2:14 AM, divi_india said:

Well different people think differently. I like to think, hey can I put a scramjet on my golf cart!

No offence but I said it for fun.

And apparently you missed some post.

No offense taken, I appreciate the cheeky candor for sure 😄

I didn't miss any of your post.  I just don't agree with your reasoning is all.  It's certainly nothing personal, I just don't feel you've presented adequate evidence for why the mods should be altered or additional Umbral mods added other than "because I want the strength boost" To me that just isn't a good enough reason