Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't Apvada Prime syandana's jellyfish tentacles be tied to emissive instead of energy?

RS219

You can't get them to match the speckled colours on Ivara Prime's jellyfish skirt like this.

Alternatively I just need to forma Ivara Prime to unlock that secondary energy for all cosmetics, but it's still a bit odd to see why it got swapped around.

Edited by RS219

No, on Syandanas these kind of effects go to Energy because they don't use the same defaults as the body emissive.

The reason Ivara Prime uses the skirt and others on Emissive VS Trin's visor, Ember's flames and so on is simply because default colors were designed to be the same (technically everything should be its own color, but hey, it took 6 years to get the second slots!).

Also if Railjack coloring is any indicator of things to come we'll soon be able to swap values around! 😄

EDIT: One more detail: The textures of Ivara's skirt are actually affected by her Tint 3, while Apaveda Syandana are merely affected off Energy, so even if you add the same values you won't get the same effect/color.

Edited by NightmareT12

15 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

No, on Syandanas these kind of effects go to Energy because they don't use the same defaults as the body emissive.

The reason Ivara Prime uses the skirt and others on Emissive VS Trin's visor, Ember's flames and so on is simply because default colors were designed to be the same (technically everything should be its own color, but hey, it took 6 years to get the second slots!).

Also if Railjack coloring is any indicator of things to come we'll soon be able to swap values around! 😄

EDIT: One more detail: The textures of Ivara's skirt are actually affected by her Tint 3, while Apaveda Syandana are merely affected off Energy, so even if you add the same values you won't get the same effect/color.

What's the thing about railjack colouring? I haven't seen any news about that.

I've applied a forma to Ivara Prime - and I have to say, the energy colouring is pretty harsh. I'd like to have it toned down if possible to match the delicate speckling of her skirt better.

Edited by RS219